She Was Mine

Seulrene Drabbles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She often wondered about the reasons why she didn’t work it out with Seulgi.

It must be one of those 100 questions in her life that would remain unanswered.

Without any intention, she still often thought about the things she should have done; what might have been if she only tried a little more.

At times, Seulgi was standing close to Irene in her midst it was hard not to feel jealous.

That eye smile was to die for, and the way Seulgi takes care of Irene behind the scenes. It was hard not to want the same feeling again.

It was hard not to feel pain.

It was hard not to feel regret.

For it should have been Krystal who Seulgi entwines her fingers with

For it should have been Krystal who Seulgi kisses on the temple

It should have been Krystal.

It should have been her.

It would have been awkward then to hear Irene about what was she was doing wrong.

It would have been awkward to listen to the older girl cry about how she could make it up to Seulgi.

It was not her wish. Unintentionally she finds herself near the practice room and hears the couple arguing. Apparently the older girl had to be late again because of rehearsals. Krystal could only smile at the older girl’s MC partner. He knew Seulgi had every right to complain. They too were helpless. After all they were all tied to that black and white thing called contract. Seulgi storms off. The man already bowing in apology but the Red Velvet member didn’t care.

She used to, since they were friends.

She used to, since she knew how much Irene loved her.

But now in Krystal eyes, it was lifeless.

Loveless

Seulgi had stormed out not sparing a look on her and her friend.

Irene couldn’t continue then but Krystal overhears that they will continue to practice. Her partner gives her time. He goes out with the choreographer to get them food. He smiles sadly at Krystal as they make their way out. Irene was left alone sitting at the center of the practice room.

Crying

Hurting

Whispering words as Krystal sat beside her

“We are supposed to practice for our year end too. Seulgi is refusing to do it with me now. She even told me she’ll just practice with Yerin and I should just practice with Yuju.”

She sighed and allow the older girl to cry some more.

Krystal always argued with Seulgi when they were together.

Whether it was a kiss that shouldn’t have been there

Or a picture too sweet for comfort

They both were the jealous types. Only Seulgi never told her how much it was hurting her. Krystal was vocal about her disappointments. Her ex-girlfriend rarely said anything until it was already too late to fix it. Krystal had already hurt Seulgi too much there was only one way to sort things.

To break up

Krystal takes hold of Irene’s hand and smiled before she spoke.

“Seulgi tells you what she feels Unnie. You are lucky she even shows and says how angry she is about the things around you. You know what hurts her. You know what is really in her mind and in her heart.”

Krystal takes hold of Irene’s cheeks and wipes the tears.

“I know she loves you more than anything Unnie. Her smile is different. Her disappointment is different. Her love is different. Don’t get me wrong, I miss her deeply. But I know she is happiest with you. So please, trust in that love a little and fix it when you get home.”

I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter