Who She Deserves

Seulrene Drabbles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Rolling herself on the bed, Seulgi stares at their leader as she animatedly told Wendy a story. It wasn’t really special but seeing an excited Irene talking about her new fabric conditioners was a sight to behold.

At least for Seulgi

The smile

That little twitch on her lips when she is about to laugh

Seulgi loved that and everything else about her.

It had been more than six years and Irene was becoming more beautiful each day.

Their leader has been growing older, wiser, much like they all were as years gone by.

The wiser part, Seulgi had to disagree that she had grown wiser too. She actually felt dumb.

With boys lining up to confess to her beloved Unnie, Seulgi realized she too wanted to confess.

But who was Kang Seulgi anyway?

Kang Seulgi was Bae Joohyun’s lovable airhead dongsaeng.

She was her dance partner.

She was her co-member.

Practically that was how Seulgi would list who she was to Joohyun.

She sighed.

She was just Bae Joohyun’s friend.

If you were a boy, who among the members would you date?

Seulgi did answer Irene in a heartbeat.

The feelings were hidden deep inside her heart. It made her act so awkwardly, she look dumber in public. She wasn’t one for skin ship so at least it passes of most of the time.

She wouldn’t explain to Wendy when her best friend got curious.

Even if Seulgi already knew she was from Canada, Wendy could still have her reservations. The openness of her government’s country does not coincide with all of its citizens. Seulgi had to be sure. Her feelings after all were, to her, will never be reciprocated and unnecessary. Bae Joohyun could never fall in love in her. Now, how could you tell your best friend that you have a girl crush on your leader? To make matters worse, you know, in your heart you are falling in love.

Even if you never knew what falling in love meant,

You knew your Unnie was very special.

Seulgi merely smiled and occupied herself with Yeri when Irene got close to anyone. News of her and Bogum circulated making her heart ache even though there was no truth to it.

She felt jealous but did not show it.

Pain perfectly hidden within her eye smile

No one knew.

No one knew Seulgi died a little each day trying to fight off her growing feelings.

No one except Irene

The older girl held her heart on her sleeve, desperately trying to have Seulgi’s attention.

The more she did, the more the younger girl distanced herself.

Irene couldn’t tell her, she wasn’t really sure how reserved the younger girl was. Wendy told her to be patient, to see if Seulgi would get used to their closeness. But the way the bear moved away from her every time she got to close, Irene could only cry on Wendy’s shoulder. It was true, she never felt strongly attracted to a person compared to Seulgi. And this dance they were doing, one step forward one step backward, is utterly exhausting her.

She was in love with Seulgi.

But she couldn’t even let her know.

Wendy maybe Seulgi’s best friend, but she too couldn’t ascertain the taller girl’s feelings.

It was a black hole that Irene was getting in.

How gentle Seulgi held her when she did

How soothing her voice was whenever Irene felt tired

How loving those eyes seem to look at her

Irene wanted to believe but could not assume.

She wished Seulgi was in love with her.

And knowing the world was falling in love with Red Velvet’s charming bear, the space around Seulgi’s heart might be becoming smaller Irene wasn’t sure if the bear had room for her.

“Unnie…” She heard the voice she wanted to listen to all day.

She looked up and found the bear with chocolate smudges on her face. Irene smiled and wiped them a bit. Her heart skipped a bit when the bear lightly parted her lips before moving away.

They were both left by their lonesome at the dorm while the three younger girls went out for groceries. Actually, it was Wendy’s way of telling Irene that the timing is now. No promotions, no extra heavy schedules, time to u

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter