That Thing You Do

Seulrene Drabbles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Irene breathed out against the window as the ride home became tensed. It wasn’t really her fault. It wasn’t his fault. He was like a caring sibling. Afraid Seulgi would be upset with him the second time if Irene got hurt.

Unnie we don’t know if she saw it, but that was a bit too much. Even if Seulgi knows nothing is going on, if I was her, I’d be upset.

Wendy sent her that message that kept her worrying after work.

Her bear’s lack of messages and calls to either Irene or Bogum didn’t make the situation any lighter.

Was she angry?

Seulgi already understood right?

Seulgi wasn’t insecure about these things right?

“Is everything alright?” Their manager asked noticing her distracted demeanor.

“Ne, Unnie. I just want to go home.”

“Seulgi-ssi is sleeping case you want to know. She wasn’t feeling well. Oppa got her some cold drops today. With the schedule she has tomorrow, she has to get well right away.”

Irene pursed her lips.

She remembered Seulgi’s eyes when she kissed her goodbye. Her girlfriend was smiling but was rather less bright than usual.

She should have sent a message.

She should have called.

What if, yes, she wasn’t upset about things at Music Bank but about Irene not caring at all?

But Irene did care.

She thought about Seulgi all day.

Irene sighed when they finally reached the dorm. She said her goodbyes to their manager and went straight to their dorm.

Arriving home, she found all three still gathered in the living room. The maknaes saw her but gave her the cold shoulder.

Wendy merely shook her head.

“Where’s Seulgi?” She asked.

“In our room and she’s probably sleeping. She hasn’t been out the whole day. I had bring her food because she was ‘too lazy’ to come out.” Wendy said making quoting motions on her fingers.

It meant Seulgi was upset.

Or at least they thought she was upset.

Irene opened the door carefully, afraid she would wake Seulgi. She found her bear snoring and deep in her sleep. She was hugging the teddy bear she brought her Irene rather possessively. Irene made a pout. Even when lying beside her, her girlfriend never held her that way.

Hurriedly Irene washed up and changed into a fresh set of clothes. She pursed her lips, eyes locking at that big teddy bear then carefully tugged it away from her girlfriend’s arms. Slowly she laid herself on the bed, pulling Seulgi’s arm so that she would turn. The taller girl did so, head buried at the crook of Irene’s neck. She felt a kiss on her cheek before Irene herself settled to close her eyes.

The teddy bear was still held a lot tighter than she is now.

She turned and saw Seulgi’s sleeping face.

Sleeping

Snoring

Face

She smiled and kissed those lips she longed to kiss the whole day.

“I love you, Kang Seulgi.”

@@@@@@@

When Seulgi woke up that morning she didn’t see Irene beside her. Instead she saw the older girl standing by the window, basking the warmth the sun could give her through the cold autumn day.

She stared a moment.

Thoughts lingered on how lucky she was the Irene was in love with her

Irene was not only pretty.

Irene was responsible.

Caring

Dependable

And most of all, she lo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter