I Choose You

Seulrene Drabbles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You shouldn’t do that…”

 “Why do you care?”

“There’s nothing worth leaping this bridge for.”

“Try being a disappointment and having been left by your girlfriend of ten years because she fell in love with someone else.”

“Well you could try being a third party for a year and finding it just now.”

They stare at each other Seulgi couldn’t really comprehend what the girl was saying. She heard the words but could not believe someone like her would end up ruining other people’s relationships.

She swallowed a lump in when the stranger smiled.

She took the outstretched hand, eyes not leaving those brown eyes. They were thankful they had seen Seulgi reach the ground.

WHACK!

“Yah!” Seulgi winced in pain as the stranger slapped the back of her neck.

“Don’t you ever do that ever again! No one is worth your own life you dumb bear!”

“Bear?” Seulgi asked as that hand continued to slap her backside.

This girl really seemed to care or was she really after Seulgi’s ?

“Yah!” She screamed this time making the other girl stop her actions.

“I was just really nervous.” She finally composed herself.

“You really scared the out of me.”

“The pretty girl cursed. I’m impressed.” Seulgi smirked as she rubbed her neck.

The stranger packed quite a slap.

When she looked at the other girl, those cheeks were blushing. Seulgi smiled.

“Never had a compliment in your life?”

“Shut up.”

The other girl took Seulgi’s hand and dragged her away from the railing for safety. It fascinated her that a girl like her would care this much for someone she just met.

They reached a bench and then sat next to each other. Seulgi felt as though hours had gone by because of their silence. She turned and found the other girl crying, biting down her sobs.

“Hey…” She moved close so she can drape her arm on the smaller girl’s shoulder.

The sobs were released and the girl used Seulgi’s shirt as a hanky.

Seulgi could only sigh.

“And here I thought I was the one who had reasons to die.”

She felt a fist say hello to her shoulder.

Her eyes dart to the smaller girl who was now pouting.

“I said don’t ever think about it again!”

Seulgi smiled then created distance so she could hold out her hand.

“My name is Kang Seulgi. I tried to jump of the bridge because I felt extremely useless being left by my girlfriend of ten years.”

The stranger wiped her tears then took her hand to shake.

“My name is Bae Joohyun. I was drowning myself in sorrow because I just found out I was actually a third party in the relationship I was in.”

They breathed out a sigh. Facing the Han River the duo simply stared in silence. Neither said a word till they parted that night.

@@@@@@@

They meet again, same spot but at least Seulgi wasn’t trying to jump like last time.

It didn’t stop Joohyun from asking though.

“Are you thinking of jumping again bear?”

“No. Stop calling me bear. I am not a bear.” Seulgi pouted but only earned a slap on her shoulder.

“You are definitely a bear.”

The two end up in the bench they shared the previous night. The silence was fine. But Seulgi had enough of it.

“Why did you say you were the third party?” Seulgi asked earning a raised eyebrow from Joohyun.

“Well, usually third parties know they are the third parties right? So how come you just found out you are?”

“They were already together when we met. We were about to be together. So that means, they were already in a relationship. I’m the third wheel in the story, even though innocent.” Joohyun sighed then turned to Seulgi.

“How about you? Why did you girlfriend of ten years leave you?”

“She said I was boring.”

Joohyun tilted her head to the side.

“What?” Seulgi asked as she blew her cheeks.

She was feeling a little shy with Joohyun’s stare.

“You are boring.” The other girl finally replied earning her a scowl.

“I’m not boring. It just so happens she found my work boring.”

“What do you do?”

“I paint.”

“That’s not boring.”

“Tell that to my ex-girlfriend.” Seulgi smiled then stared at the sky.

Joohyun watched Seulgi smile and be amazed by the stars. She found her cute. Her facial expressions alone were so entertaining. How can this childish bear be boring?

“I pity the girl who didn’t put you first…” Seulgi mumbled still looking at the stars.

“Why?”

“You’re far prettier than those heavenly bodies up above.” Seulgi smiled making Joohyun feel warm inside.

@@@@@@@

The next day they met was on the same bench with food in their h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter