Advanced Dance

Teamwork
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Hi." Momo greets as soon as she walks into the doorway to the art studio. Jeongyeon, Chaeyoung, and Dahyun peer up from the giant posterboard they were fussing over. She can tell they've been working hard. There's droplets of brightly colored paint splattered all over their oversized t-shirts, arms, and hands. Upon her appearance, they exchange knowing glances with one another. "I'm looking for Tzuyu. Is she here?"

Jeongyeon and Chaeyoung keep their lips sealed shut while Dahyun is the only one who speaks up. "Oh, uh..." The girl suddenly looks over her shoulder, to a corner of the room hidden from Momo's view, thanks to a huge partition. Familiar with the layout of the studio, Momo knows there's a small cubicle past the partition designated for the art teacher's desk work. After a few seconds, Dahyun turns to face Momo again. "Actually, Tzuyu already left. Did you need something? Chaeyoung and I can help you out after we're done with this."

Momo shakes her head. "It's okay. I just wanted to talk to Tzuyu, that's all." Both of her juniors offer Momo sympathetic smiles. "No worries! I'll try again tomorrow. Good luck with the project. It's coming out great." She grins at the trio before leaving the studio.

Of course Momo knew that she'd been lied to.

Tzuyu hadn't left at all and she was, in fact, on the other side of the partition.

 

 

Momo always tries her best at whatever she does, be it her schoolwork, her extracurricular activities, or her relationships with other people. If she doesn't give it her all, then there was no point of trying in the first place. She believes that hard work is always rewarded, that as long as you put in the necessary amount of effort, you will eventually gain something from it. These are the principles that have allowed her to come this far; she has come to accept them and live by them. And this is also why her current predicament with Tzuyu confuses Momo to no end. No matter how hard she tries to repair her relationship with the underclassman, let alone come within ten feet of her, the girl always manages to slip away, with some excuse on the tip of her tongue, or by leaving the premises without a single word of explanation. Momo tries and tries, but none of her efforts are getting her anywhere with Tzuyu. Maybe it's just not meant to be. Perhaps it's a sign for her to just give up.

The problem is, Momo can be just as stubborn as Tzuyu, and she's not going to give up until she receives a proper explanation directly from Tzuyu herself. At her wit's end, Momo had considered more...unorthodox methods to gain an opportunity to speak with the girl, but Sana and Mina quickly shut that down ('Leave your Barbie doll fixation out of this!') and generously offered her their assistance. So here she is, alone with Tzuyu at last. So far, so good; the girl

Please log in to read the full chapter