Cheer

Teamwork
Please log in to read the full chapter

Sana knows she can be a little troublesome to deal with sometimes, so when she first started dating Mina two years ago, she had a few concerns - especially since Mina is naturally reserved and reluctant to criticize. It's an understatement to simply say that Sana loves Mina with all of her heart; Sana wants, no, needs, to be the absolute best she could possibly be for her more-than-deserving girlfriend.

Sana had once asked Momo to rate her as a girlfriend on a scale of one to ten, with one being 'the absolute worst girlfriend ever and Momo secretly hates her' to ten being 'the absolute best girlfriend ever and Momo is secretly in love with her'. Momo had to think it over for a moment before offering Sana a hesitant "nine, because I'm not secretly in love with you?" as her answer. Nine isn't bad at all; it's not the absolute best, but it's certainly far from the absolute worst! So Sana has thought of herself as a pretty good girlfriend since then.

That's why every day, she accompanies Mina to her dance practices with Momo, though she has cheer practice herself on the weekdays. She rushes right over to the advanced dance room to support her girlfriend, in all of her disgustingly sweaty and grass-covered glory. On weekends like this, Sana shows up on Mina's front door to walk with her to Momo's house for even more practice. This has been the couple's weekly routine since Tzuyu decided to back out of the collaboration and make Mina her replacement. Sana faithfully monitors Mina and Momo's practices, despite her smidge jealousy about their couple dance. (She will never forgive Tzuyu for starting all of this.)

Sana lightly raps her knuckles on the Myoui family's door, beaming in anticipation of greeting her girlfriend. To her surprise, Mina's older brother Takuya answers the door instead. Her excited expression involuntarily drops as she offers the man a courteous smile. Then she notices the mole on his chin and smiles a bit wider because it reminds her of her girlfriend. "Good morning, Takuya! How are you?"

"Good morning, Sana. I would tell you that I'm doing fine, but Mina has been giving me a bit of trouble this morning." Takuya answers with a sheepish grin, rubbing the back of his neck. "She's in her room right now. I've been trying to get her to come out this whole time. You're probably the only person in the world at this point who can coax her out of her room." Sana has no idea what Takuya means, but she has a feeling it has something to do with the unusually short, rushed text messages she's received from her girlfriend all morning. Takuya steps aside to let Sana in and she thanks him before heading upstairs to find Mina's room.

When she reaches the door, she's surprised at what she hears - or rather, what she doesn't hear. Around this time, if Mina wasn't finished getting ready yet, she would be in a hurry and Sana would be able to hear all the sounds of her struggle. But at this very moment, it's completely silent. Did Mina accidentally fall back asleep? "Mina?" Sana calls out just loudly enough to gently awaken her girlfriend if she were asleep. She listens carefully and doesn't hear a single peep from the other side. Sana's imagination takes a a grim turn. What if her poor girlfriend was rushing to put on her jeans, mistakenly slipped both legs into a single pant leg, lost balance, and fell flat onto her face? Sana presses an ear against the door and breathes a sigh of relief as she hears the all-too-familiar sound of button mashing. She quickly lets herself in and is immediately taken aback by the scene she stumbles upon.

The curtains are drawn, the lights are off, and the room is terribly dark, save for the blindingly bright television screen mounted on the wall. Right across from it, sitting on the bed, is the beloved girlfriend Sana's been looking forward to seeing since she woke up this morning. Mina doesn't look close to ready with her disheveled hair and penguin pajamas. She's not even trying to ge

Please log in to read the full chapter