Intermediate Dance

Teamwork
Please log in to read the full chapter

"I've recently found myself in a rather troublesome situation, and I'd like your advice since you're the oldest unnie I'm somewhat close to...and you've also dated Momo before..." Tzuyu begins, eyes darting away under what feels like Nayeon's scrutinizing gaze.

Nayeon folds her arms over her chest at the mention of the word 'troublesome' and her ex-girlfriend's name but she also leans closer to the younger girl. She's secretly happy about Tzuyu's decision to approach her out of all her other possible options and her consideration of the two of them being 'somewhat close'. She has to play the role of the responsible upperclassman though, so she tries to maintain a serious and concerned expression. "This is about Momo?"

"Yes. Because we're the captains of our respective dance squads, we've naturally been paired up for a performance together in an upcoming collaboration between our squads." Tzuyu sighs and chews on her lower lip afterwards, as if the mere thought stresses her out.

"And the problem is...you don't want to work with her?"

Tzuyu shakes her head, letting another sigh escape from her lips. "It's not that...you see..."

 

"Heeeyyy, we're partners for the collab! This is gonna be awesome!" Momo exclaims excitedly as she runs up to Tzuyu and attempts to give her a high five. Tzuyu leaves the poor girl hanging as she merely stares at her hand as if it were the most offensive object she'd ever laid her eyes upon. Momo waits patiently for Tzuyu to give her the high five, lowering her hand with each painful second that passes. She eventually gives up and coughs into that hand. "O...kay... Well, let's try our best to showcase our skills and show the school everything we've got."

Tzuyu only nods in response, her expression blank and borderline unnerving. She doesn't mean to behave like this, but something about Momo makes her feel more nervous than she's ever felt around anyone. She's never felt this way even when performing alone in front of dozens of people. It's just Momo, and this is just the start of her problems.

 

"Tzuyu, what song would you suggest that we dance to?" Momo questions the younger dance captain with a smile. "I think I've heard your playlists a couple of times. You made excellent selections for songs and mixes. I'd really like your input."

Tzuyu feels it coming, that nerve-wracking sensation that never fails to arise from even a mere glance from Momo. Right now, they're alone together at Momo's place, she's looking straight at her and only her, and she's even smiling. She complimented her. This is simply too much for Tzuyu to take. She tries to suppress the effects of her super-charged nerves as she opens to answer Momo. She just needs to speak; it shouldn't be difficult at all.

That's at least what she hopes.

"Ashdbfhs."

Seriously? Tzuyu would give up a piece of her soul to take back whatever the hell had

Please log in to read the full chapter