The Awakening | I.

Zero Seconds

 

 

 

 

 

It started with a little boy, the Great War did, in a sense.

However, he was not an ordinary child. He was intelligent, he was strong-

He was a prince.

A prince with the ability to wield fire to his any command. His potential was plentiful and he was surely destined to be great.

His father was proud, immensely so.

This was all to change of course, hence the havoc wrecking the land. It was changed by what was once perceived an insignificant detail at the time, the birth of Raine Do, the princess of the fire nation.

She was immediately perceived a nuisance, insignificant, weak. She would never reach the potential of her brother surely, they thought.

It was a sure surprise when such became a reality.

Raine was a very cunning girl, with immense dexterity for fire bending, one of the best to have ever accumulated the craft it was said. She was clever, manipulative even.

She made her brother look like the princess, harshly put.

When it was said that their mother had abandoned them, leaving only a flimsy, hurried note,  things began to change for the worse.

Their father, lord of the fire nation, became bitter, angry, cold. He fueled that anger toward the prince, Do Kyungsoo. He pushed and pulled him, yearning for him to become better, stronger than his sister.

When the plan failed prince Kyungsoo was banished from the fire nation.

This is where it tends to end, the story, and blend with the present, because there are missing pieces to the puzzle still, the puzzle of history, but somewhere amongst the haze occurs the genocide of the air nomads and thus begins  the Great War.

 

 


______

 

 

 

 

The air is crisp, brisk.

Sundi breathes in and out harshly as she turns yet another bend. She's a little short of breath but too ashamed to admit it so she pushes on, very irritated and slightly curious.

"Jongin!" She exclaimed as the tips of his platinum hair disappear around another bend.

She groaned in her pursuit, approaching said bend only to be sent flying on her bottom as she ran straight into Jongin's back.

He laughed at her expense, ignoring her withering glare as he offered her a hand.

"Let's just go back" she grunted, slapping his hand away as she stood.

"What? Why? Let's look around!" He protested.

"Because I said so" Is all she says, tone authoritative but neither of them really take her serious.

He pokes her forehead with a teasing grin, laughing when she punches him in the shoulder. When he turns his back to her she shakes her head before smiling softly, watching him.

"You have to relax sometimes, Sundi. You can be so uptight-"

She doesn't really have a chance to be upset at his offensive commentary when he cuts himself off, stumbling over oddly, rigid, ragged ice.

The oddness of it increases when she takes a step forward. The ice below her now feels more fragile than before, almost as if it will break any second.

Only when she glances around further does she notice it, the glowing.

"Jongin, let's go, now" she commands sharply, reaching out to tug on the hood of his jacket, but he scurries from her touch.

"No, I'm not going back just yet" He whines, frowning down at her.

She wants to scold him, call him an idiot even, and she opens to do just that, but it's already too late.

She hears a sharp crackling sound before the ice all but breaks. She can hear Jongin call out but it's drowned out by the sound of their submerging under the dark depths of chill. When she opens her eyes all she can see is the glow, a glimmering emerald, surrounding her. She can feel the water surrounding her and she struggles, feebly to move, but it's as if the water is purposefully weighing her down, almost as if controlled.

Squeezing her eyes shut, she floats aimlessly. The glow intensifies, she can feel it bouncing off of her skin, before it dims down, but not completely.

Sundi opens her eyes, but the pair of eyes that meet hers are most definately not Jongin's.  

 

 

 

 

 

(I still don't know who the avatar should be (clearly, I should've thought this through)