A Trip to Jeonju (Part 2)

Photograph
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Under the blazing sun, Taeyeon stood patiently as he watched the people going inside the 9 am train. He was supposed to board the same train too, but his companion for the trip was still nowhere to be seen. Sighing, he checked his phone, only to realise he hasn't got Jessica's number to contact her.

“I'm sorry!”

Taeyeon instantly followed the familiar voice and was greeted by Jessica who was calmly ambling towards him, dragging her huge red suitcase. “Hey.”

“I'm so sorry,” she looked at him apologetically. “I tried waking up but my alarm didn't go off for some reason.” She explained, biting her lip.

Taeyeon smirked, and eventually it turned to a full-blown wide smile. He didn't know why but the second he realised Jessica's bare face, her almost-bed hair (he supposed), her casual wear – just – everything that Jessica was at that moment – he didn't know why but he was so fascinated, so enticed.

By her beauty.

It might be because Jessica always came off as chic and a young woman with a thick layer of shell around her, but Taeyeon thought Jessica would be so made up like she always had been in school. He didn't expect to at least see a closure of who Jessica was. Showing up naturally, he liked it.

She did not try to impress anyone but Taeyeon was beyond impressed.

Beyond being impressed.

“I said the weather's nice. I hope you're not gonna ignore me the whole trip... 'cause that's just awkward.”

Taeyeon shook his head, getting rid of his inappropriate thoughts. “Oh... yeah. I'm sorry. Yeah the weather's brilliant today.” He laughed nervously.

“What time's the next train by the way?” Jessica asked without looking at him.

Taeyeon looked at his wristwatch. “It should be here in like, five minutes or so.” He answered as he tried to remember the time table.

“Oh I guess I can't then,” Jessica sighed. “I was wondering if I could get some breakfast first.”

“Uhm... I prepared some sandwiches and kimbap this morning. Y-You can have some.” Taeyeon offered as he opened up his backpack to get the snacks he woke up at five in the morning for.

“Oh, you came prepared.” Jessica giggled as she took the sandwich from Taeyeon. “Now I feel really guilty.”

Taeyeon bit his lip, attempting to contain a huge smile threatening to spread on his whole face. Why did he feel like he just scored in a lacrosse game? Why did he feel so happy hearing her giggle so cutely like that? He shouldn't feel this way at all. Especially, it's his girlfriend's best friend he's talking about.

“Are you okay?”

Shocked, Taeyeon quickly blinked his eyes to pull himself back to reality.

“You look so red, do you have a fever?”

“No!” He responded too quickly, making Jessica wince. “No I mean... the sun! It's so hot today.” He took a deep breath and pretended to feel hot by fanning himself and wiping invisible sweat on his forehead.

Frowning, Jessica nodded her head. “Well yeah... it's a bit warm. By the way is that the train?”

Taeyeon looked to his left and saw the 9.15 train to Jeonju. “Yeah it is.” He stated as the both of them got ready to board. “I'll take your suitcase for you.” He smiled, and without hearing Jessica first, he took both of their bags and walked towards the train. Jessica followed from behind.

 

After putting their luggage on the overhead racks, the both of them settled on the three-seater chair. They sat base on their ticket numbers so Taeyeon was seated at the seat next to the window, while Jessica sat beside him and a random man next to her.

For some reason he hated how the man's arm was in contact with Jessica's. But he couldn't tell her to move closer to him because that would just come off very wrongly.

But it's irritating him to no end!

While Jessica had her eyes closed with her ear plugs on, Taeyeon couldn't help but to stare at her serene face. She's so pretty, he thought. It's not the first time that Taeyeon mentally said that Jessica's beautiful, but only now that he realised how much more beautiful she was without

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter