The Date | I.

Sugar (you're sweet)

 

 
 
 
 
 
It's Im Jaebum's day off and he finds himself curled up on his best friend's couch, watching dramas, as he waits for her to get home. 
 
He's just dozing off when the door bursts open, revealing said best friend, hunched over, looking more exhausted than Jaebum after dance practice. 
 
"Long day?" 
 
He asks gently, sitting up from his previous lounging position on the couch. In response, Charlie just nods, pouting as she toes off her shoes and drags herself toward him. 
 
He laughs lightly, holding his arms open. 
 
"Poor baby" He coos, teasing, rubbing her back soothingly once she's made herself comfortable, curled in his arms. 
 
She mumbles something incoherent and all he really catches is "date" and "tonight". 
 
He perks up at this.
 
"What?" He asks, somewhat dreading the reply.
 
"I have a date tonight." She mumbles, eyes lulling closed. 
 
Jaebum can see the formation of bags under her eyes, courtesy of her college student status, and thinks she definitely shouldn't be going on a date tonight.
 
"You should cancel. You need to rest." He advises, brushing hair out of her face as she struggles to fight slumber.
 
"I've already canceled on him, twice." She grumbles in response, slinking away from his touch as she sits up.
 
"Then he should understand a third time also" Jaebum shrugs.
 
"Ow!" He moans, rubbing the back of his head from where she hit him with a pillow.
 
"You are so insensitive!" She grumbles, smacking him with it again as he chuckles before dropping it and disappearing into her bedroom.
 
"But you love me anyway!" He calls after her, grinning.
 
"Keep telling yourself that" She calls back. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
An hour later Jaebum finds himself opening her room door, curious and impatient.
 
"What is taking you so-.. Oh"
 
She's putting on heels when he walks in. Her hair is curled, make up fresh, dress tight, but Jaebum thinks she looks good, really good.
 
He swallows.
 
"Oh?" She giggles, pulling her dress down slightly. 
 
"You look.." He can't really think of anything appropriate that won't  come off wrong.
 
"Oh?" She suggests, playful, leaning her head on her hand as she glances up at him. 
 
"Yeah" He agrees just as there's knocking on the door.
 
Jaebum's smile falters.
 
"Thanks, I guess" Charlie giggles, grabbing her clutch, completely unaware of his change in mood.
 
She rubs his shoulder as she passes him, offering a small smile over her shoulder that says "be good"  before she moves to open the door.
 
Jaebum probably wont.
 
He watches, slightly weary as the pair hug before separating, with much reluctance on the guys part he notes.
 
The guy looks startled, mostly at Jaebum's presence. Jaebum practically towers over the guy, intimidating him, if the nervous glances the guy kept sending his way we're any indication.
 
"Is this your roommate?" The guy asks, offering an, obviously, forced smile that is probably meant to be polite but makes Jaebum want to gag.
 
"No, this is my best friend, Im Jaebum, Jaebum this is Park Kevin." She introduces them with a bright smile. Kevin simply looks relieved. 
 
"Nice to meet you" Kevin is all fake smiles and greetings, Jaebum thinks so he just nods, not really bothering to reply.
 
Charlie frowns at his lack of friendliness and social response. Kevin grins at that, happy to be seen in a victim light, and Jaebum really dislikes the guy.    
 
"I'll be back later on" She mumbles, pressing a quick kiss to his cheek while Kevin's fusses over the flowers.
 
Jaebum doesn't say "have fun" or anything really, just nods silently and watches her go. When the door clicks closed and the pair have disappeared he smiles sadly, touching his cheek where her lips had been briefly,  before disappearing into the bedroom to sleep away whatever he's feeling.