Chapter 29

The Team

“Had your dinner yet?” Joongki walked out of his room when he heard the front door clicked open, peeking out to find his sister there.

“I am not hungry” she shuffled back to her room to place her bag. As she reached her room, she immediately fell on the her back on her bed.

“Bad day?”

“I’m just tired oppa.” She opened an eye to look at her brother whom walked in and sat on her bed beside her. She happened to see the window behind him and something caught her attention. “Oppa,”

“hmm?”

“Do you think it’s going to rain soon?”

He turned his head to take a glimpse at the sky that’s turning reddish and wind were starting the catch up with speed. “I guess so” he switched his attention back to his sister who is now in a sitting position.

“Dam. This can’t do, I think I am going back there”

“Where?”

“Oppa, cover up for me okay, I will be back soon”

He caught her arm before she could escape. “No, you’re not going anywhere I don’t know. It’s ten to 9 already”

“I am just going back around the school’s neighbourhood. I just need to double check something”

“What exactly? It’s going to rain soon” as if on que they heard the thunder roared.

“I gave Minho a challenge, and if he doesn’t succeed, he can’t go home. I just need to check if he’s still there okay.”

“I am driving you” Joongki said while halfway out the door to get back to his room to get his car key and sweater. “Come on, before mum wakes up” Roo ran after him.

“do you think he will still be there?” She asked worriedly watching from inside the car as the rain pours with no intention to stop.

“He’s a big boy, there’s nothing to worry about Roo. He knows how to get himself sheltered when it rains.”

They were reaching their destination when Roo squinted her eyes to find Mino still on the bridge with his hood up while Woobin had his arm crossed standing at the bottom of the bridge, also with his hood up with no signs of leaving.

“Oppa oppa, stop here” she hurriedly tapped on her brothers arm and quickly got out of the car with her small hands trying to shelter her head from the rain.

“YAH! GET THE UMBRELLA” Joongki shouted from the car but got no respond. He quickly finds a spot to park his car and hurriedly got out with 2 umbrellas, one over his head.

“KIM WOOBIN! Why the hell are you still here!? Why didn’t you get Mino back home?!”

“Why are you here?!” Woobin was surprised when he saw Roo running over on the wet pathway with nothing sheltering her from the rain. Although with no help, he lifted his hands too trying to shelter her as much as he can.

“What do you mean I am still her! Why are you two still here?!” she glanced over at the bridge.

“Mino is going to comple-“

“It pouring now can’t you see?”

“I know! Its only rain! We can get through this, it’s nothing big. I think you should go home before the rain gets even heavier!” Woobin looked behind her and find joongki coming up behind. “Mino is already about to complete it, I promise to bring him home after this okay.”

“No, get home right now. You two are going to get sick-“

“It’s no big deal okay Roo. We are grown ups, we know how to takecare of ourselves. Please worry about yourself first. I promise I will get Mino back home after this, we will wash up immediately and dry ourselves before going to bed okay.” He explained to her as if talking to a 3 years old.

“It-“ she got cut off when an umbrella came over her head. She looked up to see Joongki sharing an umbrella with her and held the other one towards Woobin, sheltering him from the rain as he took over it himself.

“Roo! How can you just run out of the car like this! You could get hurt!” he scolded.

“Oppa, this is not important right now, can you please send them home?” She pleaded softly to his brother. Joongki glanced over to the overhead bridge and spotted Mino on it. He was actually at the opposite side this time round. The nearest he ever gotten since the first try.

Before Joongki could call out for Mino, Woobin cut him off. “Hey, Roo. Let’s just watch him okay, I got a feeling he is going to complete it this time round.”

“Bu-“

“Trust me Roo. Trust Mino. One last try and we will leave okay? I promise”

Roo could only sighed and agree to his proposal. Just one last try.

The three of them stood there with Joongki pulling Roo closely to him as what she was wearing was inappropriate for this foul weather. They watch as Mino was about to complete his task with the rain getting heavier every second. They almost couldn’t spot him opposite as the rain were blurring out the image infront of them, until they heard a. ‘I DID IT’ across the road. That instant they knew it was him. Roo’s lip spreaded out widely and proudly.

“Told you” Woobin playfully mocked Roo with a big smile plastered on his lips too. Roo gave him a punch on his arms but with pulled back as soon as it touches Woobin’s arm.
 

“Stop getting yourself wet! Kid.” Joongki gave a disapproving look at Roo, then he turn towards Woobin, “ and you, go back home right now, dry yourself up. Turn in early today, drink some hot milk before that to warm your body”

Roo met eyes with Woobin and they both threw Joongki a playful glint, “Yes Appa” they both chuckled.

“DID YOU SEE THAT!” Mino came running over while dribbling the ball smugly, Woobin went over to shelter him.

“See what?” Joongki gave a playful smile towards the two people to make them play along with his joke.

Mino’s Jaw dropped, “W-What? You all didn’t see?”

“What exactly, Minho? Did you complete my task already?” Roo placed both hands on her hips feigning an accusing look at Mino.

“How could you!”

The three of them laughed at his childish behaviour. “Told you, you are too conceited.” Roo kept her smile. She was so proud of him. If there is one thing to praise him about, it will definitely be his perseverance like what Woobin said. It was just that he is too easily distracted.

“W-wha-“

“Okay, student-deul, let’s go home now. You are going to see each other tomorrow anyway. Discuss this tomorrow. If any of you fall sick, you will get it from me arraso? Get hom-“

“Take a warm bath, turn in early and drink hot milk before sleep” Roo and Woobin said together, cutting Joongki off making them laugh.

“You Kids!” Joongki gave them a pointed look, “Come on, let me drive all of you home. The rain is too big.” The two of them were still standing on the spot while Joongki lead Roo towards his car. “What are you still doing there?”

“Coming!” They picked up their speed to follow up behind. “Yah, did y’all really not see?” He elbowed Woobin’s torso lightly.

Woobin gave him a toothy smile, “ofcourse we saw it, . You really can’t let anyone miss your proud moment, can you.”

Mino pulled Woobin into a headlock making his umbrella fall off their head revealing them to the rain. “yah yahyah, the rain!”

Hearing the commotion, the two siblings turned back to them. “OEI! STOP GETTING YOURSELF WET YOU BRATS!” Joongki shouted at them. Roo smiled at the two at the two childish Richmond players as warmth crept up her chest watching her brother caring for her friends.

The two stopped their nonsense, adjusted their uniform and waltz towards the two siblings in an orderly manner like a child after getting scolded by their parents.

“Arraso hyung”

“He is not your hyung, kaja oppa” Roo socked Mino in his torso before pulling her brother away.

“YAH-“ “Okay okay that’s enough, let’s just go back and rest already” Woobin stopped Mino, still laughing.