92-

Letting You Go

You must have fallen asleep awhile after putting on the blindfold because the last thing you remembered was the feeling of Minhuyk snuggling closer to you and the next thing you knew, you were being roused by Jinki’s gentle voice.

“------? Wake up, -------ah. We’re here already.” His gentle voice informed you.

You reached up to rub your eyes but encountered the material of the blindfold instead. “Can I take these off now?” You pulled at the blindfold.

“No no. Leave them on for just a little bit longer. We’ll be there soon. I’m going to take Minhyuk from you first so that you can get out of the car, ok?”

“Ok,” You said and nodded at the same time while loosening your hold on Minhyuk. You felt Minhyuk being lifted off your lap and then there was a moment of silence that followed before you felt a pair of warm hands on top of yours.

“Hey~” A familiar deep voice greeted.

“Ki….Kibum?” You stuttered. “Is that you? What are you doing here? Where’s Minhyuk and Jinki oppa?”

He patted your hands soothingly. “Don’t worry. Minhyuk is with Jinki hyung. The both of them went up first with Lee Joon hyung.” You could tell from his voice that he was really amused right now, probably from seeing your reaction.

You pulled your hands out from under his and folded your arms across your chest. “Are you enjoying yourself right now?” You demanded somewhat weakly, a pout appearing on your face.

You only heard soft snickers coming from Kibum in reply. “You’re really cute when you’re angry, you know that?” He teased, which only made you pout even more and turn away from him.

He chuckled. “Alright alright, I’ll stop. How about we go see your new home now?” He tried to pacify you.

“Ok!” You quickly agreed, as you let your curiousity get the better of you and instantly forgot about being mad at Kibum. “Can I take these off now?” You pointed towards the blindfold that was still covering your eyes.

“Nope, leave it on for a little while longer, ok? You just need to follow my lead for now.” He instructed and took your hands in his, carefully guiding you out of the car.

Much to your amazement, Kibum actually managed to lead you to your new home without you walking into, tripping or falling over anything.

“Can I take off the blindfold now?” You asked unsurely when you felt Kibum step away from you, leaving you standing alone in the middle of nowhere.

“You can take it off now.” Came Kibum’s reply after a few seconds.

You reached up and pulled the blindfold over your head. There was a moment where you were completely blinded because of the sudden exposure to light, causing you to squint as your eyes adjusted to the conditions of the room. You quickly got your vision back and started to take in everything around you.

Your mouth gaped open as you slowly turned around. You were standing in a really spacious living room with a black leather couch against the wall on one side and a flat screen TV on the other. The glass windows of the living room reached the wooden parquet flooring and you could easily see the pretty night lights from where you were.

After the initial surprise and shock wore off, you felt eyes on you and turned back around to see Jinki, Lee Joon– who still had Minhyuk, Kibum, and their manager standing there observing you. You suddenly felt really self-conscious and your eyes immediately looked to the ground. 

“So… do you like it?” Kibum took a step forward towards you and you instantly looked back up to meet his questioning gaze.

“Like it?” You returned the question, your eyebrows furrowing ever so slightly. “I don’t like it, I love it!” You exclaimed. “I don’t even need to see the rest of the place to know that it’s wonderful but… I can’t afford this.” You whispered the last bit but knew that it was loud enough for Kibum to hear.

“Oh don’t be silly. Of course you can! You still have me remember?” Kibum proclaimed just as Jinki cleared his throat rather loudly at the back, drawing your attention to him.

“Oh right and Jinki hyung too.” Kibum added, to which Jinki nodded and flashed you a wide toothy grin to show that he was extremely pleased with himself.

Your eyes widened a little. “The both of you helped to pay for the rent of this place?!” You took a step back and pointed disbelievingly at the both of them.

Jinki took a step forward and came towards you, placing his hands firmly on your shoulders and made you look into his eyes. “Do you trust oppa?” He asked, his voice gentle but serious at the same time. The smile that was on his face just moments ago was now replaced by a stoic expression.   

“Umm… I-I…” You stuttered out, your eyes flicked back to look at Kibum for help but before you could say anything else, he quickly added, “Don’t you trust Kibummie?”

“O-of course I trust the both of you!” You knew from the moment those words left your mouth that you were trapped. “But-“

“Ok, no buts. Since you trust us, you should trust our decisions as well.” The pleased smile returned to his face as he steered you towards the unexplored areas of the apartment. “Let’s go see the rest of the place!” His voice a little too cheerful for your mood.

Kibum had to leave with their manager after you were given a fully guided tour through each of the 3 bedrooms, the bathroom, and the kitchen by both Jinki and Kibum.

“Sorry for leaving so soon. I have to go back to join the rest for dance practice. I already ” You could hear from his voice that he really didn’t want to leave.

“No no, I totally understand. You have to stop apologising for things like this.”

“I’ll sneak back later~” He said quietly but still loud enough for you and Jinki to hear.

Your eyerows furrowed as you became really confused by what Kibum had just said but he just chuckled as he took in your expression. “She still hasn’t figured it out yet. Even after such a big hint.” Kibum teased as he nudged Jinki’s side with his elbow.

“Help her figure it out, hyung. I’m going off first!” He said to Jinki before turning back to ruffle your hair, chuckling even more when you became even more confused.

“I’ll see you later!” He said in a cheerymanner before going over to Lee Joon and pressing a quick kiss into Minhyuk’s hair and then leaving with his manager.

"Oppa, what did he mean?” You tugged gently on Jinki’s sleeve after he had left.

“Hmm.. I’m really supposed to make you guess until you get it right.” He told you but relented when he saw you looking at him with pleading eyes. “Oh alright, I’ll give you a hint. But if Kibum asks, this never happened. Deal?”

“Deal!” You replied cheerily.

“How about you?” He narrowed his eyes and side-eyed Lee Joon. “Deal?”

Lee Joon raised the arm that wasn’t supporting Minhyuk. “Hey, don’t drag me into this. As far as I’m concerned, I wasn’t here when this happened.” He said, taking a few steps back.

“Lee Joon-ssi, are you afraid of Kibum?” You asked.

He puffed out his chest but ended up stuttering out, “N-no!”  

You snickered and patted his shoulder comfortingly. “It’s ok, all of us are afraid of him to some extent.”

“I’m really not! I just heard a lot of stories from Jinki and I just rather not have him angry at me.” He admitted.

You laughed. “Don’t worry, Lee Joon-ssi. You were never here.” You said in a hollow mysterious voice, causing him to crack up as well.

“You don’t have to be so formal with me. Just call me Joon oppa.”

“Ok, Joon oppa.” You beamed up at him.

“Ok, are you ready for the clue now?” Jinki picked up from where the conversation stopped. You turned back to Jinki and nodded. “Hmm… Let’s just say that we may run into each other very often now that you’re staying here.” He hinted.

Your eyebrows shot up the moment he said that. “Y-you… you mean I’m staying at your dorm’s apartment complex?!”

“Correct!!!” He grinned and extended his hand.

“Hello, my new neighbour.” 

 

=======

I don't know how many of you guessed it but I think it was pretty obvious :) 

@airdina98: Ok, so as promised, he didn't exactly bring her to the dorm but close enough ^^