90-

Letting You Go

 

“W-what?! N-no! He isn’t!” You denied but was conveniently ignored by Kibum.

“Oh my god. How could I have not seen it earlier?! All of it makes sense now!! No wonder he kept giving me weird looks and insisted on coming along the other day. Not to mention his reactions and making Taemin give him your number!” He kept on babbling to himself. All this time, you found yourself helpless in preventing Kibum’s sudden epiphany.

“Oh goodness. He’s been pestering you hasn’t he? That’s why you were quite hesistant to come to our schedules when I asked you and that’s why you brought Soojin along! Right??”

You let out a heavy breath. There was no point in denying it anymore, especially since he had already pieced almost everything together. “Yeah.” You breathed.

“I knew it! All this while, I had a feeling that there was something that I was missing out on but I just couldn’t put my finger on it. Anyway, what has he been texting you about?”

“I don’t really know. I didn’t bother reading them after the first few messages.” You said honestly.

“Wow. And how many messages has he sent you so far?”

“Umm.. about 40?” You answered, knowing that Kibum would not be too pleased about this.

But to your surprised, there wasn’t an outburst from him at all. “Ok, give me a minute alright? I just have to go strangle Taemin for a bit.”

You couldn’t help but chuckle at that. “Leave him alone, cupcake. It’s not that bad anyway. It’s easier ignoring the messages than trying to avoid him in real life.”

“Hmm? What do you mean in real life? You mean he’s been harassing you in real life too?!” He sputtered out in surprise.

Oh no! Your eyes widened and you quickly covered your mouth with your other hand. You really shouldn’t have let that slip. “It’s nothing really. No big deal.” You tried to rescue the situation.

“Pumpkin… do you want to tell me or do I have to ask Soojin about it?” He asked in a sweet manner that made him sound even more menacing.

You bit your lips as your mind played out your options. You could either come clean now or try to play it down and then try to somehow convince Soojin to lie for you. You thought about the second option for a bit before deciding that Soojin would never agree to lie for you if it concerned covering up for Junhyung as well, so you had to settle for the first option.

“He’s managed to talk to me alone a few times already when I was visiting you at your recordings. He…. he also came here once to talk to me.” You grimaced slightly after saying out the last part.

“Here? You mean where you’re staying now?” He said in a surprised voice again before things started to fall into place for him again and he started to ramble on, “Oh right! Of course! The both of you stayed there together in the past.”

“Hmm. Yeah.” You added just so that he wouldn’t keep talking to himself.

“This won’t do-“ He said in a decisive voice, as if he had decided on something and you immediately started to worry.

“Bummie, we need to go back.” You heard Jonghyun’s voice calling out to Kibum and him answering, “Ok, be right there!”

“Ok, I need to get back to filming already but don’t worry, I’ll take care of everything. Just leave it to me. I’ll call you again soon! Good night, pumpkin!”

“Bu-“ He had already ended the call before you had a chance to say anything. “Do well for your filming.” You sighed and placed the phone back onto the bedside table.

 

Turns out, Kibum really did keep his word about taking care of things, not that you actually doubted him. But he also knew you a little too well. He knew that you wouldn’t lie to him but he also knew that you wouldn’t tell him the entire story so he made sure to call Soojin and needless to say, she gladly answered any questions he had regarding you.

By the end of the week, Kibum had very nicely informed you that you would be moving out in 3 days and that you had to pack. He wouldn’t tell you any other details like where you would be staying or how you would be going to your new place, just only that come Thursday evening around 7, someone would come to help you move. Strangely, even the identity of the person who would come was kept under wraps, though you couldn’t see the harm in you knowing.

You knew it was pointless to try and fight against Kibum’s “orders” so you just packed all the clothes into the luggage and stopped buying anymore perishables. You had hoped that Junhyung’s enthusiasm for texting you would wear off as the days went by but you were wrong. He kept sending texts to you every single day informing you of what he was doing and where he was heading. You got so used to it that by the fourth day since he got your number, you didn’t even feel guilty ignoring the messages anymore.

By 6.45pm on Thursday, both you and Minhyuk had already had dinner and were now sitting on the couch waiting for the mysterious individual to show up and help you move. You were passing time by reading one of Minhyuk’s many Peter Rabbit books to him while he was settled comfortably on your lap, when you were interrupted by the sound of the door bell.

You adjusted your hold on Minhyuk before standing up with him in your arms and walked to the door to see who it was. You looked through the peephole half-expecting to see Soojin and Seyong but to your surprise, it was neither! You quickly unlocked the front door and pulled it back to reveal the person standing in front of you.

“Jinki oppa!! What are you doing here?” You asked as you threw your arms around him and pulled him into a hug. “Are you all better already?”

He chuckled and gave you a light squeeze before pulling back from the hug. The eye-smile that you had really missed seeing still on his face.

“Yeah, I’m all better now. I got cleared by the hospital a few days ago but I’m still laying low schedule-wise, which is why I’m here to help you move!” He said enthusiastically, even clapping his hands. “Did you miss me?” He turned his attention to Minhyuk.

“Neh!!” He answered and threw out his hands towards Jinki, wanting to be carried by him, so you passed Minhyuk over to Jinki when he too stretched out his hands towards Minhyuk. Minhyuk immediately wrapped his hands around Jinki’s neck and tucked his head under Jinki’s chin, making hia head tilt back slightly awkwardly.

You chuckled as you reached forward and help move Minhyuk’s head to rest it on Jinki’s shoulder instead. “Oppa, do you know where we’ll be moving to? Kibum refused to tell me anything. He even kept your identity a secret!”

He made a gesture to zip up his lips. “My lips are sealed. Kibum all but made me sign a written contract not to tell you until you’re there. Anyway, it’s supposed to be a surprise!! And it’s a good one too! So don’t look so down!” He ruffled your hair gently when he saw that a pout had formed on your face.

“Ok, come on, our ride is waiting downstairs for us. Let’s get going~” He picked up one of the luggages that was at the front door and started walking out the door.

“Wait up, oppa!” You called out as you turned back and took one last glance at the house before switching off the lights and grabbing the remaining bags and ran after Jinki.

 

=========

So, as some of you wanted it, Kibum is slowly but surely finding out about all the secrets :) 

Ok, that should be all, it's already 4am here! So, I'm off to bed before I start writing nonsense in my a/n.

Enjoy~