85-

Letting You Go

 

You left Soojin to set the table and went to wake Minhyuk up for dinner. You entered the bedroom and saw that he was still sleeping peacefully, his arm sticking out from under the blanket again. You gently placed your palm flat on his chest and gently patted his chest.

“Minhyukkie~” You softly called his name.

“Mmm…” He only shifted enough to bury his head further into the pillow before relaxing once again, falling back into slumber.

“Minnie~” You tried again while gently patting him again.

This time his eyes slowly fluttered open and he blinked a few times. “Omma? Back?”

“Yup, omma is back already. Time to wake up, sweetie, dinner is ready. ” You urged.

He slowly sat up and let out a huge yawn, pouting a little after he was done.

You chuckled and ruffled his hair before picking him up, placing him on your hip and leaving the room. Soojin had already finished setting the table by the time you left the room and was now sitting at the table waiting for the both of you. You set Minhyuk down in his seat first before settling into your seat beside him.

“Ok! Let’s eat!” You said and started placing food on Minhyuk’s plate.

“Wow! Your cooking skills haven’t changed one bit! The food is fantastic!” Soojin praised.

You looked at the simple dishes on the table– chicken and potato stew, stir fried vegetables, and a few simple side dishes, before saying, “This really isn’t that much actually. Sorry I couldn’t make a better meal for you.”

“Nonsense! This is a good enough meal for me. What is most important is that it tastes absolutely wonderful!” She continued to heap praise on you, making your cheeks redden ever so slightly.

“Minhyukkie, what do you think of the food? Is it any good?” She continued, turning her attention to your son instead. Apparently, she thought that he would be a fair judge.

You still smiled though when he nodded happily, while trying to pierce a chunk potato with his fork. “See, he agrees with me.”

You were about to point out that he had only ever eaten your cooking when he suddenly exclaimed,

“Omma jjang!” And flashed a toothy grin at both you and Soojin.

Soojin was the first to react to his sudden outburst, chuckling and reaching out to ruffle his hair. “Yeah, your mom is the best!”

He grinned at Soojin for a brief moment before making another exclaimation, “Appa jjang too!”

“Oh? Which appa?” She asked, clearly amused by your son.

“Kibum appa!” He answered without even pausing to think.

“What about your other appas?” She probed.

This time he paused for a moment, but his answer still remained the same. “Kibum appa!”

Soojin gave you a raised-eyebrow look but you quickly pretended that you didn’t notice, choosing instead to lightly pinch Minhyuk’s cheek. “Aigoo, quickly finish up your food before it gets cold.” You said, hoping that it would distract him. And it worked, seeing how he resumed eating like nothing had happened.

You were doing the dishes when your handphone started to ring, so you quickly dried your hands on the dish cloth and took your phone out from your back pocket. It was Kibum calling.

“Hey.” You answered with a small smile playing on your lips.

“Hey yourself.” He sounded a little tired but you could tell that he was smiling too.

“You’re done with your recording?”

“Mmm. Yeah. We have another one later tonight though.” He answered, still sounding really tapped out.

“Are you tired? Do you need an energy boost?” You asked.

“I could use one. What do you have in mind?”

“You’ll see. I’m putting you on speaker.” You informed while walking to the living room where Minhyuk and Soojin were.

You covered the mouthpiece before actually switching to speaker. “Minnie~ Do you want to talk to Kibum appa?”

“Neh!” He answered, bouncing in his seat.

“Ok.” You quickly switched to speaker and placed the phone in front of Minhyuk, while gesturing for him to start talking.

“Appa!!” He half-shouted into the phone.

“Oh! Minhyukkie! How’s my baby boy?” He cooed.

“He’s good.” You answered on his behalf.

“Did you miss appa?”

“Neh!”

“Really? How much?”

“A lot.” He said, making wide gestures with his small hands even though Kibum couldn’t see it.

You chuckled and whispered something into Minhyuk’s ear.

“Appa fighting!” He repeated what you had whispered to his out aloud.

You ruffled his hair and planted a kiss into his head before switching off the speaker. “Did you hear that?” You said and headed back into the kitchen.

“Yeah. Thanks, pumpkin. It really did help. Give him a kiss for me alright?”

“I will. Oh and about the promise…” You trailed off.

“Yeah?” He prompted when you didn’t continue.

“Can Soojin come along?” You tried your best to sound as casual as you could manage so that he wouldn’t read into your request. Apparently, you were getting rather good at hiding things from him because he simply hummed an agreement without any further questions.

“Have you had your dinner?” You asked.

“Nope. Manager hyung just went out to get dinner for us.”

“Hmm, you should take a nap now then. You still sound really tired.”

“No, it’s ok. I’d rather talk to you.” He said without any hesitation and you felt your face heat up even though he said it through the phone. “The rest are all asleep though. I should take a picture of them and send it to you.” He chuckled softly.

You smiled. “I bet Jonghyun oppa looks funny.”

The both of you continued to your conversation talking about random things. You told him about your day and the part-time job that you found. You could tell that he didn’t want you to work but he knew better than to say anything. Instead, he told you about how the recording went and the funny things that happened.

“Alright, see you this weekend then. Fighting!!” You cheered when he had to go because his manager had already come back with their dinner.

“Thanks. I can’t wait to see you again! Please take care~” He said.

“I will. You too! Get as much rest as you can when you can.” You urged.

 

=================

So... it was a terrible week for me. My emotions are a mess right now and I'm trying to get myself back together.

Nothing much to say but that. 

I apologize for disappearing without a word though! I need to do better. *bows*