78-

Letting You Go

 

 

As things turned out, they were still couldn’t leave even after their performance because they had to stay until the end of the programme where they would give an award to the number 1 song of the week. You had never really been interested in the k-pop music scene so everything that you were hearing was news to you.

“Have you won number 1 before?” You asked, genuinely curious to find out.

But instead of getting an answer, you just got strange looks from all of them.

You raised an eyebrow as you took in their expressions. “Did I say something wrong?”

They remained silent for a few more moments, this time exchanging weird looks with each other before turning their attention back at you. Minho was the first to break the awkward silence. “Er, noona.. do you remember all the times we said we won awards? What did you think we were winning?”

With just that one question, everything just fell into place in your head. “OH! Ohhh~~~” Your eyes widened slightly and you nodded in realization. “Honesty, I always did wonder about those… I just never got around to asking about it.” You admitted, feeling somewhat guilty.

They exchange looks with each other again before Jonghyun finally nodded. It was as if they were reaching a consensus even though none of them had spoken a single word. Jonghyun came over to you and looped him arm around yours before he dragged you to sit in between Minho and himself. You weren’t worried about what they were planning so you allowed yourself to be pushed into the seat, only casting questioning looks at the both of them.

“Ok, I think it’s about time we gave you a private lesson so that you can truly become SHINee’s number 1 fan.” Jonghyun proclaimed. “First things first, ask us anything that you want to know…” He said as he clapped his hands together.

“Hmm... anything?” Your eyes sparkled at the thought of all the questions you could ask. You were positive that you sounded a little too happy asking that but you just couldn’t help it.

He just nodded in response.

You played with the necklace you wore while thinking of questions to ask and missed the meaningful look that Kibum gave you when he saw what you were playing with. His face softened before he quickly looked away, casually glancing around the room to see if anyone was watching him. He saw that everyone was engrossed with what they were doing and that his manager was on the phone with someone as usual. He relaxed when he was satisfied that no one had seen him but what he didn’t see just a few seconds before was his manager looking straight at him and witnessing his soft gaze. He had quickly put his phone to his ear before Kibum even looked at him.

The manager put his phone away after Kibum had rejoined the conversation with the members. A small frown appeared on his face. This was clearly something that he had to take care of before it got any further. He looked at you smiling happily and interacting with the SHINee members and shook his head slightly, letting out a sigh as well.

The questions started off rather seriously at first like how long the recordings for music programs and variety shows usually lasted, the number of music shows they attended every week, their usual routine on days that they have schedules. But before long, silly questions started to pop out. You asked about their meals, who was the laziest in the dorm, who did their laundry or cooked meals for them and it was fun to watch them complain about each other, especially about their leader since he wasn’t around to defend himself. You were having so much fun laughing with them that they really didn’t seem like extremely popular idols at all.

Soon, the staff came to the room and informed the members that they were due to be up on stage again in less than 10 minutes. The coordi noonas immediately got to work, arranging the members clothes and touching up their make-up. You got up from your seat and looked around for Minhyuk. You had last saw him with sitting and playing on Leeteuk’s lap but the latter wasn’t anywhere in the room anymore.

“Have you seen Leeteuk oppa?” You asked his manager was sitting hear the door.

“He left the room just a few minutes ago with Minhyuk.” He answered.

“Ok, thank you.” You quickly left the room in search of them and saw them at standing just around the corner. As you walked closer to them, it became apparent to you that he was talking to someone and hadn’t taken notice of your presence yet. You couldn’t see who he was having a conversation with because of the wall so it was no surprise that you got a rude shock when you got closer and saw who Leeteuk was talking to.

You wanted to turn around and walk back but it was too late for that now. The both of them had noticed your presence. “Oh, -------ah. Were you looking for me?”

You nodded, unable to find your voice for a moment. “Stage... 5 minutes…” You managed to force out.

Fortunately, he understood what you were trying to say and so did Junhyung. “Hyung, I better go back first. See you around.” He said before bowing slightly to Leeteuk and you and then leaving.

You were rooted to the ground as you watched him leave. You didn’t know why he was having such an effect on you but whenever you saw him, you had the biggest urge to drop everything and run away. You were filled with fear whenever you saw him.

“Come on. Let’s head back.” Leeteuk urged when he saw you just standing there. You snapped out of your thoughts and saw that Minhyuk was sleeping against his chest. You extended your arms and tried to take Minhyuk from him but he stepped back and shook his head, giving you a small smile. “It’s alright. I’ll carry him for now.”

“He’s a good kid.” He commented after a moment of silence while the both of you were walking back.

“Yes, he is.” You agreed, smiling warmly.

He cleared his throat lightly. “Umm.. Do really none of the SHINee members know who his father is?”

“Yeah. I didn’t tell any of them. I didn’t think it would be a good idea for me to.” You answered.

“Hmm. Yeah, Minho did mention that it was because he was in this industry as well?”

You nodded. You had revealed that much to them after all.

“Hmm, does he happen have anything to do with the person I just talked to?” He probed. You tensed, unsure of how to react to his question.

When it became clear to him that you weren’t going to give him an answer, he stopped walking, lightly grasped your wrist and pulled you into the nearest room which, thankfully, was empty. He turned around to face you after making sure the door was tightly shut. You didn’t know what was going on but you knew that he had something to say so you chose to wait for him to speak.

“Please answer me truthfully, -------ah. Is Yong Junhyung-ssi the one?” He said in a low voice, after a long minute of silence. You could tell that he was completely serious just from the look on his face.

You gulped.

 

=============

Sorry this took so epically long to come out. My brain literally decided that it didn't want to think about this story for a while and so I just couldnt get anywhere when I tried to write. It was horribly painful to try and force myself to come up with ideas because I would start writing and then the story would just fall flat and die off in a couple of sentences =/ 

It took a while but the story is back on track now! My brain is happy again :)