71-

Letting You Go

 

You finally cleared passport control and claimed your luggage an hour after your flight had touched down at Incheon Airport. As you stepped through the arrival gates, the feeling of being back in Korea finally dawned upon you and you couldn’t deny feeling a sense of nostalgia. Two years had flown by so quickly and now, you were finally back.

You headed to the money changer first to change your USD into won. You didn’t have much on you but it was enough to last for a few days. You could worry about money and other matters later. You needed to see your mom first. While you were on the place, you realized that in your hurry to leave LA, you had forgotten to take your Korean handphone, which was probably still lying somewhere in your desk drawer. Thankfully, you had the numbers of all your important contacts memorized so you only needed to get yourself a new phone and SIM card.

You were busy putting your new phone together and then sending Soojin a text to inform her that you had landed safely that you didn’t notice that the airport was getting more and more crowded. When you had finally sent the text and looked up from your phone, you noticed that the arrival area was starting to fill with young girls. Many of them were carrying fan boards in front of them as they crowded in front of the arrival gates. You tried to look for a clue to the reason why they were all here and you caught a glimpse of one of the fan boards. It weirdly read “B2ST”. A slight frown formed on your face while you were trying to figure out how it was supposed to be pronounced but you soon forgot about it as screams started to erupt from the crowd of fans.

You cast a quick glance down at Minhyuk and was relieved to see that he was still soundly asleep despite the noise. There were a few more instances where screams would suddenly erupt and then die down very quickly as fans mistook strangers for their idols. You didn’t know how long it was since the first screams but when the screams began again and got louder instead of dying down, you became curious and tried to peek above the crowd to see who was or were arriving. At first, you could hardly see a thing but as the screams intensified, you saw four people wearing sunglasses emerge from the arrival gates. They were all waving to their fans and the shortest one had the widest smile on his face.

Just as you were getting more intrigued with the scene unfolding in front of you, your phone started vibrating in the palm of your hands. You turned your attention to your phone and took a look at the screen. You saw that Soojin was on the line and quickly answered the call.

“Hello.” You said, turning your head away from the fan girls to try and minimize the noise that Soojin would hear.

“Hello? ------? How come you changed your number without telling me?! And why is it so noisy over there?” She whispered somewhat harshly. You could tell that she was trying to keep the voice down since she was at the hospital while at the same time, trying to speak loud enough for you to hear over the noise.

“Oh. I didn’t actually change it, I just forgot to bring my Korean phone so I had no choice but to get a temporary one.” You started to explain. “Oh and as for the noise, I think some idol group just arrived back to Korea and you’re hearing their fans’ excitement. Honestly, it’s actually quite interesting.” You laughed.

“Right. Of course it is.” She said in a really flat tone.

“Gosh. I miss you so much!” You said while laughing again.

“How’s my mom?” You added in more serious tone.

“She’s alright. She was awake when I came but she just fell asleep again.”

“Did the doctors say anything?” You asked.

“No. They didn’t say anything but it might just be because I’m not directly related. They might tell you when you come.” She reasoned.

“Hmm. We’ll be there as soon as we can. We’re currently stuck in the queue for a taxi.” You looked ahead to see how many people were in front of you and saw about seven people. “We should be on our way soon.”

“Ok good. Don’t rush though. How is Minhyuk handling everything?” She sounded a little concerned.

“Don’t worry. He’s handling everything perfectly. He just fell asleep again not too long ago. You’ll love him when you finally meet him.” You said while gently his head.  

After getting off the phone with Soojin, you suddenly realized that the airport was unnaturally quiet. You looked around and found that the fans had already left together with their idols while you were talking to Soojin. It had been so noisy before that now the airport seemed too quiet. Oh well.  You just shrugged it off and continued waiting in line for a taxi.

 

==================

O.O  <--- this is probably how I look like right now. STRESSED! 

Anyway, enjoy the update :)