6-

Letting You Go

 

After that incident, Junhyung was in much better spirits and things went back to the way it used to be. You continued making his meals for him, going to school and working while he continued to go for auditions. He still hung out with the friends he made except that this time, he only practiced rapping and dancing with them. In a way, you were glad that he had continued to be friends with them. Knowing that he had friends who shared his dreams gave you some comfort. Junhyung also got himself a part-time job at a bookstore so that he didn’t have to depend on you all the time.

The days passed really quickly and before you knew it, it was already the end of your first year at university. “------! How did you find the paper?” Soojin chased after you outside the exam hall.

“It wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be but I didn’t have enough time to check my work. I hope I didn’t make any careless mistakes. How about you?”

“Yeah. It didn’t find it too bad too. I owe you one for the last minute cramping sessions in the library!” She teased you lightly. “So how are you going to spend your summer?” She continued as she walked out of the school with you.

Before you could answer her, you saw a familiar figure waiting just outside the school. You gasped and ran up to him. “Junhyung oppa!” He looked up and his face brightened once he saw you. “What are you doing here?” He chuckled. “I remembered you mentioning that your last paper was today. So I’m waiting to take you out for dinner! Did you make other plans?” He frowned a little as he looked behind you.

You turned around and saw that he was looking at Soojin, who was walking up to you. You shook your head and turned back to Junhyung. “Ani, oppa. This is Soojin unni. She’s going to meet her boyfriend later.”

“You must be -----‘s best friend, Junhyung. It’s nice to finally meet you. She talks about you a lot.” Soojin extended her hand to Junhyung. “Not about bad things I hope.” Junhyung laughed and shook her hand while eyeing you.

“Unni, oppa and I are going for dinner. Sorry that I can’t accompany you until your boyfriend comes.” You added before he could say anything else.

“It’s alright. He’s going to be here soon anyway. Don’t worry about me! The both of you should go and have dinner.” Soojin reassured, gently pushing you and Junhyung, urging you to be on your way.

“Ok. Have a good summer, unni!” You called back and gestured that you’ll call her later.