5-

Letting You Go

 

To your surprise, Junhyung was actually home when you returned from work. “Oh oppa, you’re home. Have you had dinner? Do you want me to make you something to eat?”

Junhyung didn’t look directly at you but shook his head and patted the couch next to him. You were slightly puzzled but just headed to him and sat down. You wanted to ask him what was wrong but you could see that he was struggling with himself to say something so you decided to just wait until he was ready to talk.

Junhyung cleared his throat softly. “I’m sorry about yesterday…” He started.

“It’s ok. I know that you’ve been going through a hard time and-“ You replied quickly but Junhyung covered your mouth with his hand and shook his head. You stopped talking.

Junhyung put his head down into his hands that were propped on his thighs. “------ah, it’s not ok. All you asked me to do was to stop drinking for my own good and I yelled at you. I said all those things that I didn’t even mean. I’m so sorry.” He sobbed.

This was the first time you’ve seen him cry and it hurt you to see him so broken. You reached out and pulled him into a hug. “It really is ok. I know you didn’t mean anything you said. Don’t worry. Everything will work out in the end. Trust me.” He hugged you back, still sobbing into your shoulder. You rocked him gently while rubbing circles into his back, hoping that it would provide him with some comfort.

“Oppa, no matter how many friends I make, I just want you to know that you’ll always come first ok?” You whispered.

Junhyung pulled away just enough to look at you for a few seconds, like he was trying to read your emotions, before pulling you back into a hug. You saw that tears were still running down his cheeks. “Thank you.” He breathed out softly after taking a few moments to compose himself. “You’ll always be my number one priority too.” You couldn’t help but smile at those words.

Junhyung continued sobbing until he was exhausted and fell asleep in your arms. There was no way you could carry him to the bed on your own so you knew that he would have to sleep on the couch tonight. You slowly moved him into a comfortable position on the couch and hurried to the bathroom to get some towels.

You came back with a wet towel and a dry one as well as the comforter from the bed draping across your shoulder. You placed the towels on the tea table and covered Junhyung with the comforter. You knelt in front of his sleeping face and brushed his long fringe away from his face. You felt your face become a little warm. Junhyung looked so perfect even with puffy eyes and tears staining his cheeks. You quickly shook away those thoughts and wiped away his tears with the wet cloth before drying him off. You tried your best to be gentle so that he wouldn’t wake to find your face so close to his.

You took a shower and changed into your pjs before taking the extra blanket out of the closet. You settled onto the bed, barely having time to entertain the thoughts of joining Junhyung on the couch, before sleep overtook you.

 

==============

Just had a really really crappy day. Any suggestions on how to cheer myself up?