32-

Letting You Go

 

Kibum gently shook your shoulder just at the announcement that the plane was going to land shortly came through. You thanked him with a smile and nod before you removed your neck pillow and kept it in your bag. You missed the look of confusion and worry that he gave you because you were looking down and rearranging your things.

By the time you had sat back up, Kibum had the same look on his face as when you first saw him – that of indifference. You knew then that he had noticed your change in behaviour. Of course, he would. If he could read you well enough to know you were thinking without you having to say anything, he could definitely read your body language now.

You felt like you had to explain yourself but you knew that you couldn’t. Not without opening the door to a whole lot of questions, none of which you wanted to answer. At least, not right now, not while you were still hurting. You hoped that he wouldn’t hate you too much for choosing to be selfish.

The plane had finally touched down in LA and the flight crew had unarmed the doors. The passenger cabin was now abuzz with activity. People were getting up from their seats and retrieving their hand carries from the overhead compartments. You and Kibum didn’t have a hand carry so the both of you just sat there in awkward silence even though the atmosphere was anything but silent.

Kibum chose to break the silence first. “Did I say something wrong earlier? Or something that offended you? I apologise if I did…” He asked cautiously.

“No no. You didn’t do or say anything wrong. Please don’t apologise. I just have some issues that I have to deal with. The problem is me, not you.” You said quickly, feeling more than slightly flustered.

He arched an eyebrow. “I assume that you can’t tell me what those issues are? Or maybe you don’t want to?”

He was doing it yet again, reading you like a children’s picture book. “Yeah. Both reasons are correct. I can’t and don’t.” You flashed him an apologetic look.

“Well, I guess I’ll see you if I see you in school then.” He said with finality and got up from his seat. The veil of indifference covered his face once again. 

You didn’t have an appropriate answer to that considering the fact that he doesn’t know that by the time you started your semester at UCLA, he would already be back in Korea, so you just followed his actions and stood up too. A sudden wave of dizziness hit you and you were about to fall back into your seat when a hand wrapped around your upper arm and steadied you.

“Whoa! Are you ok?” His voice laced with worry.

“Can you decide whether you want to be nice or indifferent? I’m getting confused.” You frowned as you gripped the seat in front to keep yourself upright.

“I could say the same thing about you.” He muttered under his breath.

“What?"

“Nothing. It’s nothing important.” He quickly dismissed. “How are you feeling? Are you alright?” His face was full of concern as you swayed slightly when you attempted to stand without support.

Your frown deepened. “I’m ok, I think. I just need to rest for a bit.” You sat back down and slowly took several deep breaths as Kibum thought of what to do next. In the end, he sat back down beside you and watched you with worry.

When the dizzy feeling had faded, you tried standing up again. This time, you were able to stand without swaying even though your legs still felt like jell-o.  “I’m alright now. You can go ahead.” You tried to reassure him.

“No way! You’re not getting rid of me that easily. I’m not leaving you until I know for sure that you’re ok. You should see yourself. You’re as white as a sheet!” He become annoyed and ranted.

“I’m really fine. I’m just dehydrated, I think. I’ll be ok after I drink some fluids.” You admitted. That was the only reason you could think off that would be the cause of your dizziness.

He had a puzzled expression and looked as if he was about to ask you a question before the thought the better of it. “Ok, let’s get out of here first then. I’ll get you something to drink when we clear customs. Can you walk?”

You nodded before taking a few steps forward and walked ahead of him. You only made it a couple of steps ahead before you felt his fingers encircle your wrist, bringing it up to rest on his forearm. “You look like you had too much to drink on the plane.” He chuckled lightly.

You tightened your hold on his forearm and continued forward, falling in step with him. “I’m glad my pain amuses you.” You said sarcastically. 

 

====================

I'm falling behind on my writing! Help!! =/