Assignment

The Resistance

Jessica wasn’t paying attention to where she was going and bumped into a man, “Oh sorry.”

The man bowed, “my fault.”

Jessica stopped bowing and looked up at the man in front of her. At first she thought her eyes were playing tricks on her, “Mr. Ok?”

The elderly man smiled softly at the girl he thought as a daughter, “It is nice to see you again Jessica.”

 

Jessica was almost too shocked for words as she stared at the man for a while longer.

“I will find  you later okay? I need to take my food away.”

Jessica nodded numbly, “Alright.”

The older man rubbed the top of Jessica’s head before taking his food and leaving the cafeteria. Eventually Jessica broke from her shock and went back into line to get the food, “Was the line really long today?”

Jessica placed the tray of food in front of Taeyeon, “Umm no. I just saw someone.”

Taeyeon laughed, “0h someone from training?”

Jessica looked down at her food, “No…someone I knew in the Party.”

Taeyeon stopped eating to look at Jessica, “are you sure? If they came in, from the Party I should know.”

Jessica shook her head, “Never mind about that. I am hungry.”

Taeyeon looked at her girlfriend concerned that she might be keeping secrets, “Alright.” She wanted to push further into the situation but Jessica was already ignoring her presence at the table, lost in her own world already.

“What’s going on?” Yuri joined the table bringing Sooyoung along.

“Jessica was zoning out.” Siwon pointed out causing Jessica to make a face at him.

“Aww leave her alone. She must have deadlines soon,” Taeyeon didn’t know what was bothering her girlfriend but that seemed like a good excuse for the time being.

Yuri pushed herself closer to Taeyeon whispering in her ear, “I heard Yunho is coming back today.”

Taeyeon looked up surprised, “are you sure?”

Yuri nodded, “yea.”

“Yah! Why are you two keeping secrets from the group?” Siwon interjected as the only interested party.

Yuri flicked her fork back, “Girl talk you idiot. Stay out of it.”

Taeyeon chuckled, “yea girl talk.”

“Well we can have guy talk!” Siwon pulled Junho over to him, “Right Junho?”

“I don’t want to talk to you either.” Junho went back to eating his food causing the girls to laugh at the table.

Standing up, “I get it. I will get going.”

“Aww don’t be a spoil sport Siwon we are just joking around.”

“Yea sit.” Just as Siwon started sitting down, Jessica got up causing Taeyeon to be alarmed, “Sica where are you going?”

“I am done…I want to rest some.”

Taeyeon got out of her chair clumsily with the boot, “Wait I will come with you.”

Jessica shook her head, “You can stay and eat.”

Taeyeon grabbed her bowl of soup and guzzled it down quickly, “see all done.”

Jessica reached for a napkin and wiped Taeyeon’s jaw, “so messy.”

“I could use a nap too so let’s go to my room.”

“Yah Tae! Keep your nap PG! I use that room too.” Yuri yelled at Taeyeon and Jessica.

“Nap is napping. I don’t know what code you use for your private time.” Taeyeon argued back as she followed her girlfriend to the quarters.

“I still think you should have stayed with your friends. We spend a lot of time together since your leg.” Jessica argued again.

Taeyeon caught up enough to take her girlfriend’s hand, “Sounds like you are sick of me.”

“Never,” Jessica chuckled, “what if I need alone time?”

Taeyeon stopped, “Oh…s-should I go back?”

Jessica shook her head, “don’t worry about it. I could use someone to cuddle with now.”

Smiling in victory, Taeyeon led them to her room and they got comfortable on the twin-sized bed, “I know something is bothering you.”

Jessica leaned into the warmth of Taeyeon, “There is.”

“Are you sure you don’t want to talk to me about it?”

“You won’t let this go will you?”

Taeyeon played with Jessica’s hair, “Not really.”

Jessica sighed as she turned to look Taeyeon in the eyes, “do you remember that baker I was staying with when we first met? He is the father of my friend Taecyeon from school.”

Mr. Ok.

“I think so.” Taeyeon lied.

“I saw him in the cafeteria.” Jessica let out another sigh, “h-he and his son seem to be strong Party members. I can’t understand why he is here or why everyone in the Resistance doesn’t have a problem with a strong Party affiliate in their midst.”

“He could be a deserter like you.”

Jessica laughed, “I have a hard time believing that.”

“Jessica…sometimes you forget that you have been with the Resistance for a year now. What goes on in the Resistance makes time seem stagnant because we live a comfortable life. Whereas what is going on in the Party…it is like time fast forwards to a point where those people are going through so many changes at one time. Maybe one day they are the Party but the next they could be the Resistance. You should know this better than anyone else with all that you have been through.”

Jessica kissed below Taeyeon’s jaw, “I forgot I had someone so wise with me.”

Taeyeon shook in a dry laugh, “I hope you remember that the next time you need advice and not try and avoid me.”

Jessica leaned over Taeyeon and kissed her on the lips again, “I am not ignoring you now.”

Taeyeon hummed into the kiss as her girlfriend applied more pressure to the light kisses she was giving before. Eventually breaths grew heavy as Jessica pressed her whole body onto Taeyeon and opening to invite Taeyeon into a heated session. Taeyeon let her mind go blank the stresses that plagued her mind earlier melt into her girlfriend’s body.

Hands grew wild as Jessica slipped her fingers under the hem of Taeyeon’s shirt causing the older girl to yelp at the cold fingers making contact with bare skin, “I thought you said a nap?”

Jessica moved her kisses to Taeyeon’s jaw, “I am not tired anymore.”

Taeyeon sighed in pleasure at the intimate contact of her girlfriend and tilted her head to encourage the lip-play. The afternoon was eclipsed with the raspy moans of Taeyeon fully enjoying her girlfriend’s company.

----------------------

Taeyeon sat near the wall of the training center as she watched her teammates spar. She knew that soon enough her leg would be fully healed and she can join them, but for now, she watched in envy, “Next!”

Siwon came over to challenge the winner of the spar, “What has gotten into you Junho…I didn’t remember you to be the one to challenge the leader.”

Junho smiled, “my tough competition was taken out.”

Taeyeon laughed on the sideline knowing that he was referring to her and probably Yunho, “well let’s see what you have.”

Junho took his stance as he eyed out his opponent. Being an alpha-male personality, Siwon attacked first. Lunging forward, Siwon kicked down hoping to draw Junho off-balance by Junho was still young and agile so he dodged with eased and was quick to throw a punch at Siwon. The uppercut nearly grazed Siwon’s face, but instead caught the arm and threw Junho to the ground twisting his arm back into a quick surrender, “You may be stronger than the women here but you need to work on your upper body strength to get out of holds like this.”

Junho groaned in pain as Siwon released him, “I will get bigger than you one day.”

Taeyeon continued to laugh before she got out of her spot and approached the duo, “It isn’t all about strength Junho. I can beat Siwon knowing he is bigger than me. Learn from the sparing matches the next time you watch someone take down Siwon. He has a lot of weaknesses to exploit.”

“Yes mam!” Junho bowed to his superior causing the whole training center to laugh.

“Dude she is your age. Why are you calling her mam?”

Junho rubbed his neck in embarrassment, “Sometimes I see her more as our leader than Siwon. She gives better advice.”

“Yah!” Siwon smacked the other man’s shoulder, “I am older than Taeyeon. You should respect your elder.”

Junho laughed as he flinched back to collect his gear, “I am heading back to the dorms.”

Everyone else gathered their belongings and started to head back to their rooms for the night, “how come no one takes me seriously?”

Taeyeon looked back at their dejected leader, “They do.”

“No they don’t,” Siwon pouted, “there is something that  you and Yunho have that makes people respect you. I want to have that too.”

Taeyeon sighed, “I have no idea what it is either. You just need to lead and trust that they will follow your orders. Which they do.”

“Of course they do but when you are around…I get ignored and become like a back-up leader.”

Taeyeon shrugged, “I really don’t know. All I can tell you is to find your confidence Siwon. Have a good night.”

Taeyeon did want to stay longer and have a chat with Siwon over a midnight snack but earlier in the day she got a signal to have a secret rendezvous with another Resistance member. She didn’t expect him to send out a request to meet this early but she needed to make sure she wasn’t being followed first so she went around the training hallways aimlessly watching her corners and turns before finally making her way to level 1 dorms.

Taeyeon needed special access to the level 1 dorms but with her constant involvement with them, she had a key given to her in case of emergency. Seeing her destination, Taeyeon looked around once more before entering the metal door.

Taeyeon shut the door quietly making sure to not make a sound as she stepped into the room, “Did anyone follow you?”

Turning around, Taeyeon smiled at the older man, “No. I was sure to make extra precaution.”

“Good.” The man poured some hot water into a mug, “Here have some tea I just boiled a kettle.”

Taeyeon looked around the luscious space that was rather homey for this VIP occupant, “I am surprised you didn’t ask for something more modest during your stay here.”

The older man laughed as he took a seat next to Taeyeon, “when you are required to live alone, modest is not what you get.”

Taeyeon reached over to blow on her mug, “so what was so urgent that you needed me to come?”

The man reached out and took a paper from his pocket, “You seem to know that Yunho is being released back into the Resistance, but I need you to watch over a few more members too.”

Taeyeon took the list that was encoded, “Yunho, Seohyun, Won Bin….Jessica?”

The man shook his head, “Yes.”

Taeyeon was confused, “You know her well too. Why is she still on the watch list?”

“For the same reasons I had you assigned to her a year ago.”

Taeyeon nearly forgot that is why she and Jessica met in the first place, “I did what you told me. I brought her into the Resistance…why would you want her here if you didn’t trust her?”

The man leaned back into his chair, “I knew her family well. She could be an asset with what she knows but I knew taking her in was risky. That is why Taecyeon befriended her at the university and I took her into my bakery when her family was killed. Jessica has no idea what her father was…but I believe she could still give us knowledge of his inner workings. Never the less, her ties to a powerful Party affiliate can’t be ignored and the others want her to be watched over carefully. I expect you to continue to stay close to her like you are now.”

Taeyeon sighed as she took the list in her hands and threw it into the fire, “Yes sir.”