Suspicions

The Resistance

Taecyeon was furious as he stormed passed several guards and ignored the solider that stood at attention but told him he couldn’t enter his superior’s office. As a high ranking officer himself, no one dared to object as he waltzed his way into the room he needed to get into, “I can’t believe you!”

The woman looked up from her papers at the boy, “I told you not to come here.”

Taecyeon didn’t seem to care as he took a seat, “We have a serious problem.”

The woman sighed as she quickly stood up, “Follow me.”

Taecyeon watched as the woman walked past him so he got out of his chair and followed. They walked through the halls with soldiers saluting to both of them as they walked out of the building. Both heard murmuring wondering why two very high ranked officers were meeting.

The woman pulled Taecyeon outside behind a building as she faced him crossed armed, “how dare you disobey my orders to stay away from me for now.”

Taecyeon stood tall as he towered over the woman, “what did you do with him?”

The woman sighed knowing very well who Taecyeon was talking about, “he is too high profile for me to make a move.”

“Well find a way!”

“I can’t! Things are too heated at the moment. There is much more going down right now boy than a Resistance member getting captured.”

Taecyeon probed the heated eyes of the woman who was not afraid to stand her ground, “…” The man backed away from his commanding officer, “who found him?”

“Does it matter?”

“Was he the one responsible for the bomb that went off in the area?”

The woman sighed, “I don’t know. He won’t talk.”

“This whole plan went to . I saw something else that night. Why did you want me to check out Sector 11?”

The woman turned around to see if anyone was in the area, “I think you already found out to why you were there. Finish you job and stay away from here Officer Ok.”

Taecyeon leaned against the outside of the building as he watched the woman walk away and back into the building, “there is more going on? Why does she have to be cryptic all the time when she clearly knows everything in the Party?” Kicking off the wall, Taecyeon made his way back to his vehicle, “take me to Sector 11.”

The young officer looked at his commander, “that cleanup is not in our jurisdiction…”

Taecyeon propped down his sunglasses, “who are you to tell me where I can and cannot go? Now drive.”

Knowing not to talk back to his superior, the junior drove off to Sector 11, but like he thought, they were stopped by high level Party guards, “Papers.”

Taecyeon took off his sunglasses as he got out of the car, “Lieutenant Ok from Ministry of Security. I am here to observe the cleanup.”

The officer looked at his credentials, “Your clearance is too low. I will not permit you to go beyond this point.”

Taecyeon furrowed his brows as he looked past the officer wondering how to get through but everywhere he saw officers.

“I think you are mistaken.” Taecyeon turned around fast to see a familiar face, “The Ministry of Defense Goo Hara gives him permission.”

“Yes mam.”

Hara led Taecyeon past the examination point, “Fancy meeting you here Taec.”

Taecyeon smiled and have his comrade a pat on the back, “A very welcomed surprised. Why such high security for a bomb?”

Hara walked Taecyeon towards the building the collapsed, “It is because the Resistance is involved.”

“I have heard. Do you know who?”

“We have a man in custody for now, but I am sure he is not the only one involved.”

“There have been many other instances with bombs and my clearance should get me in. Do you know why only your department is allowed in?”

Hara stopped walking as they faced the building, “This is a building our Leader came for private work. If they were planning on killing him, you can see this requires my department only.”

Taecyeon glanced around at the building that was in rubbles, “I take it he is okay?”

“Classified.”

“I understand. Why did you let me in then? Aren’t you breaking rules?”

Hara laughed, “I know no one more loyal to the Party than you. From what I understand, we are only doing cleanup with the investigation targeting the captured Resistance member.”

Taecyeon nodded “very well. I will just look around to write up my report. Thank you for letting me in Hara. Truly a great comrade.”

The woman patted Taecyeon on the back, “Although we are in separate buildings we should meet for a meal. Don’t cast me aside as a stranger just because school ended.”

Taecyeon laughed, “Of course not. I am sure we will meet soon.” After waving Hara off, Taecyeon changed is disposition to his real agenda. Looking around, Taecyeon saw no officers near the woods so he slowly slipped past the building and headed into the thicket of darkness that encompassed the wooded area.

Remembering the night he saw people being led down into an underground facility, Taecyeon knew the entrance must be around this area. Slowly the man cleared brush away but the ground looked untouched, “I know it is here.”

Making his way back farther into the woods, Taecyeon occasionally stomped his feet to feel the ground hoping for an unusually hard feeling of a metal door, but nothing. There was no way that the entrance would disappear overnight so Taecyeon continued scoping the area for something that looked out of place. That was when he saw something that looked like fake brush. Knowing the military-style cloaking material, Taecyeon was sure something must be hidden there. Clearing off the fake branches and cloth, Taecyeon found a brown metal door leading down he supposed, “finally.”

Reaching down, Taecyeon pulled the latch open as he looked into the darkness of stairs leading down. Knowing it was his only chance, Taecyeon entered and closed the latch above him.

---------------------------

Taeyeon peeked around several curtains in the infirmary until he found the man he was looking for, “Hey Junho!”

Looking up from the paper he was reading, the man flashed his friend a smile, “Senior…”

Putting down a stack of food next to him, “Did you want to have lunch with me?”

Surprised, the boy looked at Taeyeon, “Don’t you normally have lunch with someone else? A certain lady?”

Taeyeon laughed, “She is working on a deadline. So is that a no?”

“Of course not! It is an honor!” The boy sat up quickly putting his newspaper to the side, “so umm how is the cast?”

Taeyeon looked down at the ugly plaster covering her leg, “It . I can do some light training but Jessica yells at me every time she finds out so even then I have to be secretive about it.”

Junho chuckled knowing how protective Jessica was over Taeyeon. Although he was relieved that his once cold commanding officer was truly happy, “Jessica cares about you a lot. You are lucky to have someone like that.”

Taeyeon smiled as she pulled the food out onto the bed, “Funny how things happen…”

Junho didn’t know what that really meant so he stuffed some food into his mouth, “Wow I miss the market food so much. I am not sure where that doctor gets her food from but it is nothing compared to our other cooks.”

“I brought it special but I think the food here comes from our normal cafeteria, but without flavor.”

Junho laughed, “Don’t they know sick people want to eat good food too?”

Taeyeon shrugged, “Are you going to get out of that bed and do something about it?”

Junho frowned, “I wish. You were able to leave so soon but with a head injury, they just want to watch me longer. There are so many other people around the Resistance all the time, I am sure if something is wrong, they would take me back here.”

Taeyeon looked up at the boy, “Just rest and get well. I know it can be boring but we need you back healthy.”

Junho pouted but still went around eating the food until they were finished, “Siwon came here.”

Taeyeon leaned back into her chair, “he should. You are his precious junior.”

Swallowing a lump in his throat, Junho continued, “He told me he is in charge of our group now. D-does that mean Yunho…”

“No.” Taeyeon interrupted as she sat up again, “Until they recover a body, Yunho is still out there I am sure of it.”

Junho didn’t know why he felt so much pity towards the other woman but he worried that Taeyeon was holding onto too much hope, “I was told the search was called off too.”

Taeyeon shook her head and sighed, “They came back with his watch and just assumed he was dead. No trace of anything else could mean captured. I think Level 1 knows something but they won’t tell me due to this stupid cast!” Taeyeon rubbed her tired eyes as she felt the weight of the cast holding her back from all the things she still needed to get done, “if only I could go out there myself…”

“Don’t push yourself. Like you said, just wait until you get better.”

“Unfortunately, time is not on our side. Already a month in this thing and a month he has gone missing. Too much can happen in that amount of time.”

“True. I am sure the Party already covered up the bombing and all traces of the area ever existing. It would be hard to find clues near there. Where was the watch found?”

Taeyeon remember the words telling her that they watch was where she was found so many years ago, “I don’t know.”

Junho sighed as he could feel the frustration radiating off his senior, “Don’t give up hope if that is what your gut is telling you. I know if anyone could find Yunho, it is you, but nothing can happen with only one good leg.”

Taeyeon sighed, “I suppose.”

“Cheer up Senior…I expect there to big changes as time goes on. Enjoy your rest.”

Taeyeon gave the boy a soft smile, “I should say the same to you.”

“Thank you for the meal. I will treat you to something tasty when I am discharged.”

“I will hold you to that.” Taeyeon smiled as she got up and reached for her crutches, “don’t stay here too long. We need our whole team back.”

“Yes mam!” Junho yelled so loud that it made a few other patients laugh along with Taeyeon.

 

The woman was slowly making her way down the hallway towards a particular area she was very familiar with. She had thought of exercising or reading but her crutches keep leading her to the outside of the news room.

When she got bored she was often coming to look into the glass to watch Jessica work. Something about the way Jessica the keys of her computer or talked to her colleagues would make Taeyeon smile. Seeing Jessica work hard made Taeyeon envious but at the same time very proud, “She has come so far…”

Taeyeon knew if anyone passed they would have seen this lovesick puppy gazing in but she didn’t care. The time looking at the girl she loved was the most precious thing she held onto in a time of turmoil in the world above them.

After some time, Taeyeon finally had enough of watching Jessica do her work that she was going to make her way back to her room for some rest. That lunch was pretty heavy making her extremely tired and ready for a short nap. Placing her crutches under her arms, Taeyeon was about to take off but a familiar voice caught her ears and she stopped in her tracks.

In a hushed tone Taeyeon could hear Won Bin talking to someone, but she couldn’t make out what they were so saying so she tried to inch closer but her damn crutches made the two men stop. Suddenly Won Bin comes around the corner surprised but quickly smiled, “Taeyeon! When did you get here?”

“Oh just a little while ago. I wanted to see Jessica but she seemed busy.”

“Ah yes the deadline for the paper is near. I will make sure to get her back to the rooms at a decent time tonight.”

Taeyeon tried to give her best smile back at the man but she couldn’t help but feel suspicious to who he was talking to as the hallway was empty, “I would appreciate that.”

Checking is watch, Won Bin gave the girl a sad smile, “I seem to be running late for a few meetings. We should have dinner sometime.”

“I would like that.”

“Great!” Won Bin strutted off as Taeyeon watched him closely. Something was not right.

 

 


Author's Note:

Merry Christmas! My gift to you is that this story is starting back up again! Wooohooo!

Did any of you see Yunho's latest MV? I swear he knows that he is in this fiction.