6

again...

"I'm home~" Jungkook sang as she entered her house. To be more precise, it was their distant relatives' house. The house was empty anyway. So, instead of just letting the house became shelters to spiders, lizard, cockroaches and other small animals, it was a good idea for them to let the Jeon family live there.

It was a simple double storey house with four rooms and two bathrooms, one on the first floor and another in the second floor. Although it was not a very luxurious house, it was enough for Jungkook and her family to live comfortably. And there was even one empty room left since the master bedroom was used by her parents, the nearest room to the stairs was used by her brother. They had purposely vacant the other room upstairs for guests' use. All in all, leaving the room downstairs for Jungkook.

Jungkook liked the idea of having her current room mainly because it was close to the kitchen. Now she can have her cereal even in middle of the night. Eating it in the morning was almost like having a war, especially when they were almost out of cereal. Both of her brother and her really liked it. Her sweet brother also promised that if he had free time, he would bring her to the well known cereal cafe, which was the talk of the town, Midnight In Seoul.

Her brother was Kim Seokjin, known as Jin by almost everyone. Why was his family name differs from Jungkook's? Because they were half siblings. They came from the same mother but not from the same father.

Jin had never met his birth father. His late father died as a proud soldier in the field of blood, defending and protecting the country. He left when his wife was pregnant with the baby. Life goes on, but Jin lived alone with his mother only until he was five years old. At that age, her mother introduced him to a man who insisted for him to  be called 'father'. It was Jeon Junghyun.

At first, Jin was afraid to lose his mother's love. In addition, his friends in the kindergarten told him many scary stories about stepfather. How they wouldn't allow you to live with your real parent, how they would abuse you, how they would leave you alone in the woods and many more. But none of them ever occured to Jin in real life.

For Jin, Junghyun was the greatest man that he ever met. He was the man who secretly wiped Jin's tears when his mother scolded him. He was also the man who sneaked with ice cream, chocolate bars and candies into Jin's room when his mother told him that he cannot have any more of them for the week. And he was also the man who stood up for Jin when the other kids for not having a real father. When Jin was seven years old, Jungkook came into their life. He cried in corner of the hospital alone, afraid that he would be treated like a stranger now that his baby sister was born. But the first person who approached him was Junghyun. He hugged small Jin and told him not to worry about anything.

"She might be my daughter, but you are also my son. You are still my child, our first child. No one could ever replace you, my little prince."

With that, the seven years old Jin greeted his little sister with a genuine smile.

He still smiled like back then everytime he saw his sister. "Welcome back home! So, how was your first day? Have you made any friend yet?"

Jungkook sat down, facing her brother's back. "I liked it already. There is this nice girl, her name is Eunbi. She showed me the way around school and we even ate together during recess time."

Jin was making spicy chicken stew at the moment. The smell was beyond wonderful to Jungkook. So she went closer to her brother and sneakily stole a sip of the broth.

"Oppa, this stew... it is.." Jin got impatient over Jungkook's reaction. Normally, Jungkook would take a another sip by now as she liked it very much. But she felt the need to tease Jin once in a while.

"..It is..?" Jin still waited for her to finish her sentence.

"It is the best!" She gave him two thumbs up before she tried to have another sip. But Jin's next question made her almost choke. It was totally unexpected for her.

"I'm not finished with my investigation yet, so.. do you have your eyes on any boy so far?"

"What are you talking about? It's just my first day and you're already asking me that kind of question?" Jungkook pouted. Her cheeks turned red from embarassment. Jin asked just to kid around, because Jungkook tried to earlier. He also knew that Jungkook gets shy when he brought up things like dating, marriage and such. But little did he know that there was someone that crossed his little sister's mind.

'Should I say yes? But it is still so early. Maybe Jin oppa could help me with my feelings. Or maybe not.' Jungkook still couldn't get the image of Jimin out of her mind. Before Jin could notice anything, she changed the topic.

"Oppa, since it was my first day of school can you make me my favourite kimchi fried rice?"

Jin stared at her and smiled afterward. How could he says 'no' to her one and only sister. "But we are out of kimchi, what should we do Kookie?"

____

Jungkook offered herself to buy an instant kimchi for Jin. She was new there, but she went to the convenience store like it was already her nth times going there. She brought 2 packs of instant kimchi, two small cartons of banana milk and a few snacks like chocolate bars and chips to the counter for her to share with her brother. As soon as she paid for her things, she smiled and said thank you to the cashier. The cashier didn't even glanced over her and kept his arrogant face on.

Jungkook was about to step out of the store when rained poured down heavily. She searched for her phone in all pockets of her skinny jeans but she couldn't find it. There was no payphone nearby for her to call her brother and the convenience store also doesn't sell any umbrella. Jungkook just stood in front of the store, hoping that the rain will go away soon and the sunshine will come again, smiling brightly in the sky.

"Uhm, excuse me.." The guy next to Jungkook tried to get her attention, and it worked out. Jungkook slightly tilted her head to the left. The first thing that her eyes met was that beautiful eyes. Park Jimin's eyes.

"Aren't you Eunbi's new friend earlier? Bunny?" Jungkook bowed her head a little bit before he answered Jimin. "Ahh.. Yes, I am."

Jimin moved closer to Jungkook because the rain was too loud. He could barely hear anything, but he saw Jungkook's lips movement clearly. 'Yes, I am.'

"The rain doesn't seem like it would stop in any moment." Jimin stared at the dark grey sky before he heard Jungkook asked for something. "I'm sorry, can you repeat yourself?" Jungkook had no choice but to raise her voice in that condition. "Can I borrow your phone? I want to call my brother to pick me up."

"Sure, here you go bunny." Jimin was about to give his phone to Jungkook when the device suddenly vibrated. The phone ran out of battery just at the right moment. Jungkook bit her lower lip before she smile lightly and said it's okay. JImin who felt guilty slowly put back his phone away. "I'm sorry.."

"Let's borrow the cashier's phone." Jimin was about to walk in but Jungkook held the hem of his shirt. She shook her head. She remembered how the cashier looks like earlier. There was no way he would want to lend them his phone. "Let's just try.. " Jimin smiled at her, giving her some assurance.

Jungkook waited for Jimin outside. A few moments later, Jimin came back with an annoyed face. "I just wanted to borrow his phone, not robbing him. Why does he have to get mad at me like that?" Jimin mimicked the cashier's funny face.

"It's okay, don't blame him." Jungkook calmed Jimin down.

There was an awkward silence between the two of them. Jungkook pretended that nobody else was there to escape from the awkwardness. Now that she really felt like nobody else was there, the sound of the falling rain was very relaxing to her. She closed her eyes and touch the rain falling in front of the convenience store with her left hand. While her right hand was still holding on her groceries tightly. Jimin just watched her in silence before he reached his hand out to the rain too.

"You really look like a bunny!" He giggled as he tapped Jungkook's nose gently with the rain drop on his finger. Jungkook just laughed along with him, it didn't annoyed her at all because Jimin helped her to wipe her nose afterward. They just knew each other this morning yet they are already joking around like that.

"Say, do you want to go to our house? It's only two blocks away if you don't mind going through the rain. You can use our phone and ask your brother to pick you up there." Jungkook didn't know how to reply to him, therefore, she touched her lips with the end of her finger. Thinking hardly of what asnwer that should she give to Jimin right now without having to sound rude nor too shy. Jimin didn't even wait for her to open .

"Use this, I only have one helmet with me." He took his grey sweater off and put it on to Jungkook's body. Then, he quickly reached for the hood at the back and pull it over to cover Jungkook's head. Jungkook have to control her heart from beating too loud, Jimin's nice smell was all over the sweater that she was currently using. She didn't even hear that Jimin was mentioning about his helmet. "Are we going to use that?" She said referring to the motorbike that Jimin sat on. She noticed the red motorbike was there earlier, but she didn't know that it was Jimin's.

Jimin sat on his red Ducati before he patted the back seat. "Hop on bunny!"

"But.. I've never rode anything like that before." Jungkook was clearly afraid of getting on that motorbike. Jimin had to get off again and show Jungkook how to get on his motorbike. He helped her to get on by holding her hands before he sat on his on seat again. He put on his full face helmet and wrapped Jungkook's left hand around his own waist because her other hand is holding the plastic bag. "Make sure you hold on tightly because it's your first time."

Jungkook couldn't even open her eyes. Whether it was because she never rode a motorbike before or because how close she was to Jimin right now. Or maybe both.

___

 

When Jimin and Jungkook arrived, Taehyung was already waiting at the front door. He put his hands on his waist like he was waiting for his little girl to come back when it was already past midnight. It was obvious that he was worried about his best friend. It was raining heavily but he was still out there. Who knew what would happen at any time, any moment.

"Jimin, I told you that you don't have to get it for me. Look at the trouble that you went through." Jimin smiled like a fool as he handed a brown leather wallet to Taehyung. The truth was, it was Jimin's second trip to the convenience store for the day. He already went there with Taehyung earlier, but the latter realised that his wallet was missing when they reached Jimin's house. Thank God nobody took it away. Eventhough the cashier was a bit hard to handle with, there was a photo of Jimin and Taehyung from the photobooth as a prove. So he gave it right away to Jimin.

"Your torn wallet is more important than my own life, you have to know that my sweetie." Jimin sent a flying kiss to Taehyung which ended up making both of them shiver in disgust.

They almost forgot about Jungkook who was shivering in cold behind Jimin. "Oh, Jungkook, please get into the house first. PARK EUNBI! WHERE ARE YOU?" He shouted for his little sister. "DO YOU HAVE TO SHOUT LIKE THAT?! WHAT DO YO... Jungkook!!" Her voice turned softer and she ran faster when she saw her new friend standing in her house. "You're soaking wet, Let's go to my room, I'll lend you something else to wear."

Jungkook just followed Eunbi from behind. When people gives, she should take it. Later, she will make sure to return the favor.

When they arrived in Eunbi room, it was almost empty. No pictures of her and her other friends, just one frame of a family picture. No poster, no wallpaper. Just plain pink wall. Other than that, there was one single bed, a simple study table and a small closet. The room was big enough for her to put in other things, but she just leave it the other spaces empty just like that.

"My room, it's not much isn't it? Come here, I think I found a perfect one for you." She gave a pair of blue jeans and a white shirt to Jungkook. Jungkook changed right in front of her because she usually did it when she was in her last school with her friends. There was nothing to hide too because both of them were girls to begin with. But Eunbi was a little bit awkward because she was not used to it.

"Wait here, I'll go get a plastic bag for you to put your wet clothes in." Jungkook folded her clothes, including Jimin's sweater while waiting for Eunbi. When Eunbi arrived back with a plastic bag, she just have to put it into it.

"Eunbi, can I borrow your phone? I need to call my brother to pick me up." Eunbi gave her phone to Jungkook without asking too much,

"Oppa, this is Jungkook"

"Whose number is this? I tried calling you several times but no one answered."

"It's my friend's number, I am at her house right now. I think I have left my phone at home, sorry.. Can you pick me up? I'll give the address to you after this."

"Okay, just wait there and don't go anywhere. Goodbye"

"Bye, I'm hanging up now."

Jungkook sent the address quickly when Eunbi wrote it in a piece of paper for her. Soon, Jin called back. 'He couldn't be here in a few second right? There's no way.'

"Jungkook, can you wait there for a while? There was a problem with the car. I'll be there after this."

"Sure, bye oppa."

"What did he said? Is there something wrong?" Eunbi is concerned about Jungkook. "Nothing, the car is having a bit problem. He'll be here soon. Can I put these down here?" Jungkook asked referring to her plastics of wet clothes and groceries earlier. She put it down next to the door before Eunbi invited her to sit together on her bed since there was only one chair in her room and it was not polite for her to ask her guest to sit down together on the floor for her first time there.

"I'm sorry there is nothing much in here. To be honest, you're my first friend ever to step into this room." Eunbi looked at her ceiling like there was something interesting there. Jungkook was a bit shocked about Eunbi's statement. "Did I just invaded your privacy or something?" Jungkook asked carefully.

"Of course not! I'm happy to have you here with me. It's just... It was because almost all the girls from school befriend me just because of Jimin oppa. They only want to get close to him through me, that's why I'm very careful of choosing friends since I entered highschool. Some of them even made me their enemy just because Jimin doesn't treat them the way they wanted to after getting close to him through me." Eunbi's voice cracked at the end of her sentence. Jungkook pulled her into her arms and they cried together. "Eunbi, nobody deserves to be treated like that. Nobody." Jungkook kept on rubbing her back so that she will calm down.

After Eunbi stopped crying, she started to joke around while not forgetting her manners. "I should get you something to drink, but I can't get out with this red eyes. Jimin oppa will misunderstood something if he saw me like this. I'm sorry, Jungkook."

Jungkook remembered there was something that she bought earlier. A carton of milk and a bar of chocolate were proven the best remedy for girls on any occasion. She went there to get it and share it with Eunbi. "I'm supposed to share this with my brother, but I guess you need it more than him right now.."

"I shouldn't take this, I'm okay. Don't worry about me." Eunbi still tried to be polite. "But you gave me sandwich earlier and even lent me your clothes.. please take this. I can't let my friend have an empty stomach after crying.."

But when she saw Jungkook's pout, she changed her mind immediately. "Alright, alright. I'll take it then. Thank you!" After that, Jungkook sticked her pinky finger out, but Eunbi didn't know what she was trying to do. "Let's seal and stamp our friendship. I'll promise I'll never leave you" Eunbi followed afterward. She was about to cry again when Jin came. But this time, it was the tears of happiness. It was the first time after a long time for her.

"Come, I'll send you off and then I'll eat this bar of chocolate. I won't share it with anyone!" Eunbi hugged her chocolate bar and carton of milk dearly before leaving them on her bed. Jungkook just watch her with a smile. Making her friend happy also means happiness to her.

"Haachhoom!" Was the first thing that Jungkook and Eunbi heard when they came downstairs. It was Jimin, sneezing. "Jungkook, your brother is here." He managed to say before he continued with his sneezing. His nose was red and there were used tissues all over the table. "I'm sorry I couldn't greet your brother properly, Taehyung is with him right now." They actually invited Jin to come in earlier but he refused nicely. Saying that he couldn't stay there longer because he was afraid that his car would act up again. Jin was also the one who told him to stay inside because he saw how him sneezing around with a red nose.

"Hello! I'm Park Eunbi." Eunbi bowed her head a bit and greeted Jin who was outside. "Hello, I've heard about you from Jungkook earlier. Thank you for taking care of her on her first day." Jin bowed and smiled at her sister's new friend.

"No problem. Come again later okay?" Eunbi smiled at Jungkook. "I'll bring you to my place too later." Jungkook promised her.

"We'll get going now, it was nice talking to you Taehyung." Jin entered the car at the same time as Jungkook. He drived carefully since it was still raining. Jungkook took one last glance at Eunbi and Taehyung through the side view mirror. Maybe her round glasses was covered in mist and rain drops were covering the side view mirror, but she could have sworn that she saw it.

She clearly saw how their pinky fingers intertwined before they walked separately into the house back.

'Maybe I'm just hallucinating?' Jungkook forgot about what she saw earlier when she started to talk with Jin.

___

 

Jimin was no where to be seen. Jungkook just followed Eunbi to her brother's class without asking anything. She didn't asked much, following Eunbi quietly just to see Jimin's face was enough for her. Having a secret crush on Jimin won't make her a betrayer because she won't leave Eunbi like all the other girls did.

Instead of looking for Jimin, Eunbi called Taehyung out of the class. He came out with a two books in his hands. "Say sorry to him because I can't pay a visit today. These are the homeworks for today, later we will have physical education so there's no homework. How could he leave me and be sick alone like this??"

Eunbi took the books from him and used it to slap his hand slowly. "What are you talking about? Don't you dare get sick like him. Plus, he is having his greatest time at home, don't you know that?"

"Yeah sure, it sure is fun to be sick." Taehyung said under his breath, but enough for Eunbi to hear. "We'll get going now oppa, see you later."

"Bye Eunbi. Bye Jungkook." He waved his hand, sending the two girls away.

"It must be my fault.." Jungkook blamed herself.

"No it's not." Eunbi watched Jungkook's face which was covered in guilt. She believed that it was never Jungkook's fault in the first place. Jimin would have caught a cold because the rain didn't stopped until late midnight yesterday. So, sooner or later, he had to go back home with his motorbike. Taehyung was lucky because his parents were nearby, so he went home with them with a car.

"But if you insisted that it was your fault, there is something that you can do.." Eunbi smirked, which made Jungkook nervous.

"Tell me, what is it?" Jungkook asked with a sweaty palms. Hopefully it's not something that she couldn't do.

 


Hello everyone! I'm sorry for the late update. Thank you for those who are still staying with me!! 😭