3

again...

Jimin have had the best week of this year. He went out with Eunbi for 3 times already and she even gave him permission to pick her up from work. But somehow, he feels empty, something feels wrong, something feels missing. Jungkook.

Last night he went to their house, it was Jin's birthday. Although there was no party or celebration, he still showed up to say his birthday wishes for Jin, and gave him birthday gift. But Jungkook was no where to be seen.

"Hyung, is Jungkook alright? I didn't heard a thing from him. It's been a few days already." Jimin asked Jin as he looked around. Jin noticed what Jimin was doing, so he let out a little chuckle. Happy for his little brother because his favourite guy was here, on top of that, he's looking for him.

Jungkook is perfectly fine. But he locked himself inside his room because Eunbi was paying a visit earlier. He refused to meet her and left Jin to entertain the guess alone, but that's okay with Jin.

"Wait here, I'll call for him"

'He must be happy if he knows who's here..' Jin made his way the Jungkook's room. There was no reply even after a few knocks on his door, so Jin opened it, just to see that Jungkook was already asleep on his bed.

"Jimin.. Come here.." He whispered and gestured at Jimin to follow him. Jimin entered Jungkook's room queitly and sat on the edge of the younger's bed. Jin told him that Jungkook was awake earlier, he didn't know when did he fell asleep. He also told Jimin that Jungkook was okay. But what Jimin saw was otherwise. Jungkook's face was red and when he touched it, it was burning hot.

Jin was surprised at the sudden fact that Jungkook was having a fever. Jimin stared at the unconscious boy for a few while before he gets home.

"I'll come back tomorrow." He said to Jin. Jin just smiled. He may look calm on the outside. But inside, only God knows what does he feel. His most beloved brother is sick. Things like this happens. Other may think that it's normal. But for Jin, it's horror, he's afraid to lose another family member.

_____

Jimin came again today like he promised. He brought something special for Jungkook. Jin opened the door and invited him in. There was something sitting on the couch, Jimin almost dropped the porridge that he made for Jungkook when that 'something' on the couch turned around his face to him. It was Jungkook, sitting there, wrapped in his blue fur blanket from head to toe. The only thing that he reveals is his face.

"Aishh you scared me!" Jimin is relieved that it is not a ghost. After rubbing his chest a few times, he approached Jungkook and sit next to him on the couch.

"Why are you here? You're supposed to.." before Jimin could complete his sentence, Jungkook cut him, "...stay in your room?"  Jimin nodded but Jungkook laughed. He had enough of Jin' nagging about him sitting there. Why can't he sit in this living room? Why can't a sick person sit in a living room. But after receiving a serious stare from Jimin, he looked at the television and opened his mouth.

"I want to watch the television. That's all, is it wrong?" He diligently stared at the tv screen although it is only an advertisement. The truth is, he is avoiding eye contact with Jimin. "Nothing, it's not wrong~ Oh! I almost forgot, I made you this." He opened the flask and showed Jungkook the contain. Jungkook's attention diverted from the tv to the porridge. He smiled because Jimin spent some of his time to make him this chicken porridge, his favourite porridge. The smell of the warm porridge caused his tummy to rumble.

Without waiting for Jimin's permission, he ate the porridge. "Becareful.." Jimin is worried that Jungkook might drop some of the porridge at his blanket, luckily, he ate it cleanly without dropping anything.

Jin entered the living room with a mug in his hand. After handing the mug filled with hot chocolate to Jimin, he noticed that there is an empty flask on the table.

"Did you ate that Kookie??" Jin asked as he placed his back hand onto Jungkook's forehead. "Yes I did.." "How did you make him eat it all Jimin?" Jin look at both of them respectively. Jungkook refused to eat anything since he woke up this morning. Not even a bite of his favourite chocolate, that's why Jin is amused  'Maybe that's the power of love..'

"I want to go out for a while, is there anything that you need?" Jin asked his little brother. When the latter was silent, he thought that there's nothing that he wanted. But actually, Jungkook is making a list of things inside his head.

After spilling out the list that he made in his head earlier, Jin asked Jimin one last time is it okay if he leaves Jungkook with him for a while before he closed the door. Who knows if he had plans at other places or something else important to do. Jimin said that he is planning to stay there with Jungkook until this evening, which made Jungkook smiled from ears to ears. But then, he cleared his throat and out on a poker face quickly.

"What about Eunbi? Aren't you dating her now? Will she be okay? I don't want to be the cause of the two of you lover's quarrel."  Jungkook acted like he cared, but actually, he doesn't. 'I need you to be here with me today.. please..'

"Why are you talking non-stop like that? You should get some rest. Everything will be alright." Jimin check Jungkook's forehead temperature again before tyding his blue blanket. Surprisingly, Jungkook threw his blanket away after that. "Hyung... let me sleep here, okay?" He pulled out Jimin's left wing and wrapped it around his body. "You smell very nice today. Wait.. I know this smell. It's the same as father's smell.." He muttered before falling into a sleep, hugging his small 'J' shaped pillow which is only revealed after he threw his blanket aside.

Jimin didn't moved at all nor complained. It's weird, but watching the poor thing sleeps peacefully also gave him peace.

_____

It's already dark when Jin reached home. But there is no light at all coming from inside the house. The two boys were sleeping on the couch together with the television left on without any audience. Jin knows Jungkook would be mad if he interrupts them, so in the beginning, he wanted to leave them alone. But since Jungkook's health is more important, he had to wake them up.

"Jungkookie~ wake up boy, I bought you some herbs." He shook Jungkook's shoulder lightly. But Jimin was the one who wake up first,

"Uarghhh!" As he stretched his body and glanced outside. "Woww! I didn't expect to be asleep for this long." Jimin tried to get up and excuse himself to go home but is stopped by the brothers.

"Stay here for dinner. It would be nice eating together since it have been a long time already." Jin smiled softly. While Jungkook, played dirty by threatening Jimin. "If you don't stay for dinner, I won't take my medicine and herbs. His face is not as red as earlier, his eyes are shining brighter. Jimin is sure that Jungkook's fever is gone know, based on how he threatened him.

"Okay, okay. Anything for Princess Jungkook." he bow down a bit, as if Jungkook is a real princess.

Someone is about to explode hearing the word 'princess'. "Who are you calling princess? Who??" Jungkook throw his pillow at Jimin. The pillow didn't hit him at all because he managed to avoid it quickly. Feeling unsatisfied, Jungkook get up and picked the pillow again, chasing Jimin who is already running away. "I'm scared, princess~"

Jin went to the kitchen without saying anything. Hearing their laughters, he can't help but to feel happy too. First of all, because Jungkook is healthy again. The second one, because the old Jungkook is back, the cheerful one.

"Jimin, Jungkook, becareful! Don;t get yourself hurt!" He shouted from the kitchen because their volume is getting higher and higher.

_____

Jungkook had to wait behind the alley to talk to Jimin. The latter is currently with Eunbi, the one that Jungkook is trying to avoid. He could hear them clearly.

"Eunbi, can I.. hold your hand?"

"Sure oppa~"

"Thank you for being a part of my life.."

"Oppa too, your presence lighted up my life~ Thank you.."

After a while, there's no more sound of them talking. Jungkook tried to peek, Jimin and Eunbi are in each others arm. Before Jungkook could turn his head around again, Jimin bent down on one of his knees.

"Please marry me, Eunbi!"

Eunbi, without any second thought, said 'yes'. She had her own reasons. Not because she is madly in love with Jimin, but because she knew that Jimin is Jungkook's best friend. She could get closer with Jungkook by marrying Jimin.

But that's the end for Jungkook. In this cruel world where he lives, once a couple get married, not even one thing could separate them, except death. And by death, it means that if one of them is dying, the other one will also accept the same fate.

Jungkook dropped the small box of oranges which he ought to share with Jimin. 'I wont be one of your wedding witnesses. I wont!' He screamed that in his head before running away.

"Isn't that Jungkook?" Jimin asked. Eunbi is still busy with her new diamond ring. But Jungkook's name got her attention more. "Oppa! Why are you still standing here?? Chase him!! Maybe there's an emergency or something at his home. You need to help him " Eunbi facepalmed herself as she saw Jimin was still standing near her.

Jimin started to run to. Chasing Jungkook. He tried to call him, but Jungkook runs faster when he heard Jimin calling his name. Jungkook could fly if he want to, but he is thinking to preserve his energy for what he have to do after this. Jimin, he couldn't fly. His energy is very low at the moment because of the courages that he used to propose Eunbi earlier.

Nobody is at home at the moment, Jungkook immediately lock himself in his room. "Jungkook?? What is wrong with you?? Open this door!" Jimin banged the door. Then he thought of an alternative way, his window. Too bad he doesn't know how to climb and he still can't fly. "Jungkook...." This time, he knocked the door.

"Hyung... please be happy.." Jimin almost gave up when he heard Jungkook's voice.

"What are you talking about? Open this door now. Theres no reason why I should be unhappy."

"Hyung.... You'll remember me, right?" Jungkook's way of talking is getting weirder. Jimin swore that he could hear the other boy sobbing.

"There's no way I'll forget about you. Even if I have an amnesia, I swear I'd still remember about you! Why are you asking me that?"

"Hyung.. please don't.. hate me.."

"Why should I hate you? Open this door know Kookie!"

"Please don't hate me.." His voice is getting weaker.

"I won't hate you! Now, open this door will you?" Jimin asked for one last time. If Jungkook still doesn't open the door, he was thinking of breaking it.

At the same time, Jin came home. "Jin hyung! Jungkook! The door!! Key!" Jimin couldn't talk normally.

"What's wrong?" Jin asked while he is searching for the key to Jungkook's room. "I don't know. I was proposing Eunbi before he ran out of that alley and locked himself in there."   

Jimin received a dealy glare from Jin. 'What did I do wrong..." He questioned himself.                    

After the door is opened, Jungkook is found lying in the middle of his room. "Jungkook!" Jimin ran to him. Without thinking about Jin, he sat on the floor and rest Jungkook's head on his lap.               


Finally I can update... Sorry..................... ㅠㅠ