Betrayal

A Reborn Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I was only 7 years old when I first met her. It was a sunny morning and I was feeling great. It has been raining for a week in a row and I was really happy to see the bright sunshine again. But I don’t understand why was my mother still looking so sad. Tears never stop flowing down her eyes since last week when my father came back from his business trip. I remembered the day when my father came home; they talked for a long time in their room. When my father finally came out, my mother was still sitting in the room, crying. I went in and asked her what happened. She didn’t tell me anything. She just forced herself to give me a sad smile and said, “Nothing will be the same again.”

I don’t understand. What is not the same again? Then, this morning when my father came back with a little girl, I slowly understand what my mother was saying the other day. My father was holding tightly on that little girl’s hand as if she is someone that is very important to him. He has never hold me like that before. He has never smile and look at me like the way he does to that little girl before. He was always cold and serious in front of me. In fact, he was like that towards my mother too. And he seldom comes home. Every morning when I woke up, my mother said he was already gone for work. And every night before I slept, my mother said he was still working.

That was why I’m so happy because my mother told me he is not working and will stay at home with us today. It has never happen before that he will stay at home on weekend. No wonder the sun was smiling at me. But… it seems that I was wrong. He was here because of the little girl he was holding, not me.

The little girl is around my age, my size, my height and she looked a bit like me. She has a pair of big beautiful eyes, just like me. She looked sweet and she was smiling at me. That smile gave me a feeling of warm and I like her almost instantly. I think anybody will like her because she is really cute.

“Shin Hye… Her name is So Ra. From today onwards, she will be staying here with us. Come here to meet your sister.” My father said.

I looked up at him and there was an obvious confusion written on my face. My sister? How can she be my sister? I never seen my mother gets pregnant before and how can I have a sister in a sudden. I don’t understand.    

“So Ra-ah… She is the girl that I told you in the car just now. Both of you are at the same age and you can call her Shin Hye. You don’t need to worry that you will be lonely here. She will keep you accompanied. Shin Hye and her mother will take care of you.” My father said to the little girl with a very gentle voice that I have never heard before.

The little girl or I should call her So Ra, turned to me and smiled again. She let go of my father’s hand and slowly walked towards me. She stopped in front of me and held my hand.

“Appa said you are my sister.” She said with a gentle voice.

I looked up at my mother who was standing beside me. She nodded slightly but the sadness in her eyes told me she was not happy. But at that time, I don’t understand what was that. I just know she was unhappy but I don’t know the emotion that was floating in her eyes at that moment… is call hurt.

 

------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Good morning.”

Park Shin Hye let out a sweet smile when she felt a pair of strong arms wrapped tightly around her waist from behind. The warm temperature from the hard chest that pressed tightly against her back, the familiar fresh and calming scent that intrude into her nose, everything of it make her heart fluttered early in the morning. And this person is the love of her life.

“Hmmm… the smell make my mouth watery. My stomach is growling.” Lee Min Ho said into his wife’s ear and his warm breath make her giggles. Her soft and sweet giggling sound brought a wide smile on his face.

She put the ladle down, turned around as she encircled her arms around his neck, bringing herself closer to him. She looked into his eyes and smiled. “Why are you so early today? I have already slept last night when you came home. Are you really that busy?” She paused and let out a soft sigh. “You still need to wait for a while. The porridge is not done yet.”

“I have an early meeting today. It’s a big client. I can’t be late. So, I don’t think I can send our princess to the school today.” Min Ho said as he pressed a soft kiss on her cheek.

“It’s okay. I can send her myself. You don’t need to worry about us. I can handle alone.” Shin Hye assured him as she helped him to adjust his tie.

Min Ho held her hand, stopping her from doing what she was doing and brought it to his lips, kissing it softly. “What will I do without you? Thank you for being so understandable and supportive. I know it has been very hard for you in these eight years. I was always busy with my studies and work since we got married. I hardly have time to spend with you and our daughter. Even when you were in the surgery room giving birth to…”

“Shhh…” Shin Hye placed her index finger against his lips, stopping him from talking. She let out a warm smile as she shook her head. “I told you it’s okay. That incident has been a long time ago. So Won is already 7 years old. I don’t mind you were not there with me. I know you were busy and your work is very important. As long as both of you are healthy and well, it’s already my biggest happiness.”

Min Ho pursed his lips into a thin line as his eyes were locked at her for a moment. A pang of guilt hit him and tightened his chest. He inhaled a deep breath before he leaned forward, rested his forehead against hers. “Stupid woman.” He whispered.

Shin Hye laughed softly. “You should already know that I’m stupid the first day you know me. I’m not good in my studies, I don’t have any special talent, and I can’t help you in your work. I’m not only stupid but I’m useless too. How I wish I’m as smart as So Ra and could help you… ouch…” Her sentence was cut off when Min Ho knocked her forehead with his. She looked at him with her pouty lips. “It’s painful.”

“Serve you right.” He said, glaring at her. “You are indeed stupid for thinking like that about yourself. Don’t compare yourself with anybody. You are you, So Ra is So Ra. You have your own strength and smart in your own way. Of course she is capable and very helpful with my work but I’m sure she doesn’t have the patience like you do when it comes to children. And she couldn’t cook like you do. What I want is not a capable assistant. What I need is a wife who can fill my empty stomach when I’m hungry, smoothened my creased forehead with her sweet smile, become a mother of my beautiful princess, take care of our home when I’m not around, give me a peace of mind and be the reason for me to work harder… and most importantly… she keep my heart beating for her.” He leaned down again and kissed her soft lips.

Shin Hye smiled at what he said. His words works like honey, sweetened every sense and nerve in her. “It seems like you need a maid more than a wife.” She .

Min Ho chuckled as he nuzzled his nose against hers. “But I can’t do this to a maid.” He whispered seductively into her ear and before Shin Hye could react, he covered her lips possessively. She closed her eyes as she tightened her arms around his neck when he angled his head and deepened the kiss. She was about to protest but he was so aggressive and doesn’t give her any chance to push him away. She melted in his arms, in his kiss.

He let out a frantic moan of pleasure when she slowly responded to his kiss and parted her lips for his entrance. His tongue slipped over her lips, tasting and curling around hers. He hoisted her up against him and gently placed her on the kitchen countertop without breaking their kiss. His hand slowly s to the back of her head, bringing her even closer to him as his other arm wrapped around her waist, tugging her to him. He his tongue inside , deep and greedy for more.

Shin Hye gasped breathlessly when his lips slowly trailed down to her neck, brushing over her pulse point, and nibbling on it. A soft moan escaped and her hands were gripping tightly onto his cloth.

“Oppa… s-stop… you… you will be late…” She mewled softly, slightly trembling with the pleasure he is bringing to her.

“It can wait…” He said breathlessly against her soft skin. His hand slowly moved downward, slipped into her skirt, enjoying the smoothness of her thigh. He missed her so much, missed holding her like this in his arms, missed having her so close to him. Just when he wanted to slide her skirt up, a soft but sharp screaming voice startled both of them.

“Ahhh!!!”

Shin Hye immediately pulled away from her husband, nervously pulled his hand out from her skirt and jumped down from the kitchen counter top when she heard the familiar voice. She quickly adjust her dress, brushed her messy hair before looking at the small little body that was standing in front of them. She let out a deep sigh and her face instantly reddened when she met her round big eyes.

“Good morning, appa. Good morning, eomma.” So Won greeted her parents with a cheeky smile. “Am I disturbing both of you?” She asked with a soft giggle.

Shin Hye bit her lips and looked at Min Ho for help. It’s so embarrassing to get caught making out with her husband in front of her daughter early in the morning and… in the kitchen.

Min Ho glanced at his wife, cleared his throat awkwardly before looking at his daughter. “What are you doing here, young lady? It’s only 6.30am now and you should be sleeping in your room, wait for your eomma to wake you up at 7am.”

So Won pouted her lips cutely as she walked to her father. “I waited for appa until 12am last night but you still hasn’t come back. If I don’t wake up early today, I won’t be able to catch you. You always went to work so early in the morning.”

Min Ho smirked as he squatted down, holding So Won’s tiny hands in his and looked at her. “I’m sorry, princess. Appa is very busy lately. Let’s wait until the new project is done, appa will take few days off to bring So Won and eomma for a short vacation, okay?”

“You said the same thing last year but your project just never stop coming in and you are always busy.” So Won said, looking disappointed.

Shin Hye sighed softly as she kneeled down beside them. “So Won-ah. Have you forgotten what eomma told you? Appa is working very hard for us so that we can stay in a big house, So Won can study in a good school, and we can live peacefully and happily together. We have to understand appa and support him to give him more strength. Arasso?”

Min Ho sighed silently as he gently tucked So Won’s soft hair behind her ear. “Appa promise this time will be real. After I finished this project, we are going for a holiday together.”

“Don’t promise her so confidently. You will give me a headache to comfort her if you can’t keep your words again.” Shin Hye said to her husband.

Min Ho held Shin Hye’s gaze for a moment and she was right. He always breaks his promises and she was the one who have to pick up the pieces for him. He turned back to So Won and caressed her cheek softly. “Appa will keep my promise this time but before that, you have to promise appa too that you will be a good girl, listen to eomma and don’t give her any problem. You know you always fall sick and you have to take good care of yourself. Don’t make eomma worried about you.”

So Won nodded her head eagerly. “So Won promise. But appa don’t forget that this coming Saturday is our school sports day. You promised So Won you will come with eomma. There is one game that we have to participate together.”

Min Ho raised his brows and glanced at his wife. Shin Hye let out a weak smile. By looking at his reaction, she is sure he has forgotten about it.  

“It just need about two to three hours in the morning. Do you think you can make it?” Shin Hye asked, looking at him with an expectant gaze.

Min Ho pursed his lips. How can he reject her when both of them were looking at him like this? He smiled as he nodded. “I’ll be there.”

“Are you sure you won’t send Chang Wook ahjussi over to replace you in the last minute?” So Won asked, looking at him with a suspicious gaze.

Min Ho laughed and wrapped his arms around his daughter. “Appa promised you that you wouldn’t see Chang Wook ahjussi this Saturday. I’ll be there, okay? And now go up and brush your teeth. Appa is not free to send you to school today. Eomma will send you over. You know how slow your eomma drive. You better prepare now if you don’t want to be late to school.”  

“Yes, sir!” So Won said happily, as she turned around and ran towards the stairs.

Min Ho turned to his wife after So Won was gone. He wrapped his arms around her waist, bringing her to him again.

“Are you sure you can make it this Saturday? You can’t lie to a kid you know. She will cry her lungs out.” Shin Hye double confirmed with him again and reminded him the consequences at the same time. She doesn’t want to see So Won to be sad and disappointed again.

“If it’s only for two to three hours, I think I can push the meeting to the afternoon.” He said, leaning forward and kissed her lips.

Shin Hye pushed his chest lightly and blushed. “I thought you have an early meeting? It’s late now. You have to go.”

Min Ho looked at his watch and sighed deeply. He gazed down at his wife again and smiled. “We will continue tonight.” He whispered naughtily into her ear.

Shin Hye giggled and hit his chest softly. “Go now.”

Min Ho laughed and kissed her forehead before he pulled away. “See you tonight. Bye.”

“Bye.” Shin Hye waved her hand, walking him to the door.

 

------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Eomma, how come I have a sister? Appa said her name is So Ra and she is my sister. I don’t understand. Is So Ra your daughter too?” I asked my mother when we went back to our room.

I was confused when I saw tears welling in my mother’s eyes. Why was she crying? Shouldn’t she be happy that she has another daughter now? She gently pulled me into her arms as her hand my hair soothingly.

“She is not eomma’s daughter. She is… appa’s daughter.” She said.

I looked up at her in confusion. “I’m appa’s daughter and I’m eomma’s daughter too. So Ra is appa’s daughter but why she is not eomma’s daughter?”

My mother bit her lip and I can see she was trying to hold back something through her eyes. Something that I don’t understand at that time. “She… is appa and… another woman’s daughter.”

I pulled away from my mother and looked at her in shock. “Another woman? What woman? But… appa is your husband.”

Tears slowly rolled down her eyes as she pulled me back into her arms again. “I’m sorry, Shin Hye. There are a lot of things that I can’t possibly explain to you now. But you will slowly understand when you grow up. I know you are confused but don’t think too much. No matter what, So Ra is indeed your sister. You have to love her and take care of her because both of you are blood related.”

I nodded. Of course I will love her and take care of her. I don’t hate her. In fact, I’m quite happy to have a sister that I can play with now. But there was something that I don’t understand again. I looked up at her mother. “So Ra is appa’s daughter. I’m appa’s daughter too, right? But why appa only smile at her and talk so softly at her? He doesn’t smile at me and he always looked very serious at me.”

Once those words slipped out from my mouth, I regretted it. I make my mother cry again. She tightened her arms around me and rested her chin on top of my head. “Because… she is a pity girl. She lost her mother at a young age and she has a heart disease since she was born. She needs a lot of attention and we have to take care of her. Don’t be angry with your father. He… he have to love So Ra more because she don’t have a mother.”

I smiled and nodded obediently. “I’m not angry with appa. Eomma is right. So Ra is very pity. Appa should love her more. I’m okay because I have eomma to love me.”

I don’t know what I said wrongly again because my mother’s sobs were getting harder and more tears rolling down her eyes. It pained my heart looking at her like that. I pulled back slightly and moved my hand to her cheek, gently wiping her tears away.

“Eomma don’t cry. Shin Hye love you too.” I said.

“I’m sorry, Shin Hye. It’s eomma’s fault. It’s my fault that I couldn’t make him love me and love you more.” She cried.

I didn’t give her any response because I don’t understand anything she said at that moment. But now… I finally feel her pains and her disappointment.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------

 

“I spoke to the opponent’s lawyer this morning and they agreed to meet up with us to have a discussion before the hearing next Monday.” So Ra reported, as she looked up at her boss, who is also her brother in-law, Min Ho. She smiled when she saw the creases formed on his forehead. He always looked so serious when it comes to work. His calmness and seriousness towards his work was his biggest charm.

“I saw the email. This Saturday morning, right? Help me to inform them that I need to postpone it to the afternoon.” Min Ho said, looking at her.

“Wae?” So Ra asked. “I checked your schedule and you are free in the morning.”

“So Won’s school is having a sports day on Saturday. He have to go or else his princess will not forgive him.” Before Min Ho could reply her, Chang Wook cut in without looking at them. He was busy reading the file that So Ra gave him just now.

Min Ho raised

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter