Prologue

Angel Light, Angel Bright

           The boy stopped running throughout the forest and took a quick breather, sitting down against the closest tree, his black pants were to be ruined by the dirt; as if he could give two s about it. If only he could use them once…just once, it would be so much easier to travel. But he knew the rule. Yet again, to him, the rules meant nothing.

            So what if he broke a few back in the day?

            It was his decision at the time and he felt no regrets doing it. Did he know that he was going to get thrown out? Of course he did! That was the punishment for going against any rule. It was day three since he’s been running. He didn’t expect to escape the way he did. A small smirk formed on the boys lips at how stupid the others were to let their guards down…literally speaking.

            “You’re wasting your time,” He heard a voice nearby.

            The boy’s eyes searched and searched for the body where the voice belonged to was coming from, but he knew better. He knew that voice too well to know better.

            “So what if I am?” The boy closed his eyes and leaned his head back against the tree.

            The voice laughed lightly. “You know the consequences if you don’t admit it and mean it. You’ll go-”

            “I know what’ll happen to me!” His voice rose. “Besides…they already know that I’ll never admit it. They have another thing planned. Or rather…their plan is getting in the way with mine. As if being here isn’t Hell enough…”

            “You actually think this is worse?!” There was a tone of seriousness behind the boy’s laughter.

            “I never said that this is worse…” He frowned. The boy would’ve thought that his friend would know him better by now. He has known him for all his life. “Now, if you excuse me, I have some important business to take care of.”

            Smirking, the boy got up and dusted the dirt off of his pants, before taking off, escaping the forest and headed near a small city full of bustling people and cars. Well would you look at that? He actually did give two s about his pants.