90.

Three Halves to Make Me Whole

LuHan-Hyung(xx)-(86)-(xxx-xxxx-xxxx)

Tuesday 

LuHan-Hyung (13:07) Hey, what time do you get off work today?

Me(13:56) In an hour

LuHan-Hyung (14:02) Want to go get bubble tea after?

(14:03) My treat

Me(14:28) Sure. Meet you there about 15:30?

LuHan-Hyung (14:37) Yeah, see you then

 

Wednesday

LuHan-Hyung (15:32) You have tomorrow off, don’t you?

Me (15:35) Mmhm. Why?

LuHan-Hyung (15:37) Wanna come over and watch movies? Or play videogames?

Me (15:40) Don’t you have to get up early tomorrow?

LuHan-Hyung (15:40) So? Doesn’t mean we can’t hang out for a couple of hours when I get off work

Me (15:43) What time should I head over?

LuHan-Hyung (15:55) 17:00?

Me (16:02 ) See you then

 

Friday

LuHan-Hyung (09:03) I’m seriously debating crawling under my desk and talking a nap

Me (9:31)  That’s what you get for staying up so late last night, Hyung

LuHan-Hyung (9:52)  We were having too much fun for me to send you home

Me (10:00) And by that you mean you couldn’t let me leave until you ‘proved’ that you were cool by beating me in Mario Kart.

LuHan-Hyung (10:07)  Exactly

Me (10:10) Omg Hyung

 

Jongin set a few plates on the dining room table, offering a smile to Sehun as the younger took his usual seat across from Kyungsoo. The dark haired male offered a soft ‘morning’, raising his coffee mug to his lips as he scrolled on his mobile. Jongin had joined the two before anything else was said, looking to Sehun as he smiled.

“You seem like you’ve been in a better mood lately,” he commented, Sehun offering a smile back as he took a bite of his rice.

“Things have been going well lately. I finally got the brace off my leg a couple of days ago, I’m leaving the apartment to hang out with friends… I’m feeling a lot better,” Sehun replied, Jongin nodding. “I think you two should start your wedding plans again.” Kyungsoo looked up from his mobile slowly, the curiosity in his eyes rivaling the confusion that had spread over Jongin’s face once he stopped choking on his glass of water.

“What? But-” Jongin bit at his own tongue to cut himself off. The last thing he wanted to do was tell Sehun that the wedding had been put on pause so that he could be there for the youngest, even if it was sort of an unspoken fact they all knew.

“But nothing, Hyung. Unless you two decided that you two don’t want to get married anymore, I think you should start your planning again,” the blond replied, looking across the table to Kyungsoo, who’s lips quirked up into a small smile.

“If we work hard, we might even be able to get the wedding back on schedule for the original date,” he said, meeting Jongin’s gaze. “What do you say? Still want to marry me?” He asked, and the shock faded from Jongin’s expression, turning into a smile as he took the older’s hand.

“Of course I do,” he said, missing the buzz of Sehun’s mobile, looking over as the blond stood, shoveling a few pieces of chicken in his mouth before grabbing his phone and heading to the door, slipping into his shoes. “Sehun? Where are you going in such a hurry? You don’t work today,” Jongin stated, the blond throwing a smile over his shoulder.

“Don’t wait up,” was the response he gave, hurrying out the door.

 

 

“About time you got here,” LuHan teased, draping his arm around Sehun’s shoulders as the blond entered his apartment, the other shaking his head a little.

“It took me, at most, five minutes longer than planned, and that’s because you took forever to message me what you wanted me to pick up at the minute-mart,” he fired back, LuHan taking one of the bags out of the younger’s hands. The two made their way into LuHan’s kitchen, Sehun pausing when he realized he had started putting the drinks from one bag into the fridge without asking, feeling LuHan’s eyes on him. He looked over at the pink haired male, who quickly looked away, and he bit at the inside of his lip before finishing with his task since the older didn’t seem like he wanted to stop him. Once everything was in its place, just like Sehun remembered seeing similar items being, LuHan pulled the younger from the kitchen, turning on the game console as Sehun made himself at home on the couch.

The pair started with Mario Kart, and had become their usual go-to game when they hung out, Sehun stretching his arms above his head to keep his controller out of LuHan’s cheating reach when he was in lead for winning a third time in a row. The blond burst out laughing when LuHan took his eyes off the television screen to make a grab for the other’s controller again, resulting in driving his Bowzer directly off the road and three seconds passed before Sehun crossed the finish line, winning yet another race.

LuHan turned his attention to Sehun once he stopped laughing, biting at his lower lip as hi eyes traced over the younger’s lips. He knew he shouldn’t kiss the other, shouldn’t make a move towards him- so when he felt Sehun’s lips on his own a feeling so familiar that he welcomed it, it took him a moment to realize that he hadn’t been the one to initiate the kiss. It broke slowly, naturally LuHan’s hand lowering from Sehun’s cheek, and he was about to smile when Sehun jerked back, eyes wide.

“I-I’m sorry, Hyung,” the blond stammered, LuHan giving him a confused look. “It… it just felt like old times, and I…”

“It could be,” LuHan said, Sehun looking to him. “Like old times, I mean. I understand if you’re hesitant, but I’ve changed a lot… I won’t leave like last time,” he added as if Sehun needed extra assurance of the fact. Sehun started to look down a little, his lips as a silence settled between the two, and LuHan’s stomach was curling into knots at the potential ‘no’ that he knew Sehun was entirely entitled to. Sehun’s eyes met his own after the long pause, lips parting ever so slightly, and LuHan felt Sehun’s hands on his cheeks, then the younger’s lips softly against his own once again, causing him to relax against the younger’s touch. Sehun didn’t pull back completely when the kiss broke naturally, resulting in a shared smile between them.

“Is that a good enough way to say yes?” The blond asked, one of LuHan’s arms wrapping around Sheun’s waist while the other slid into his hair- a feeling they both had missed for so long.

“It was the perfect way,” LuHan replied, leaning forward to connect their lips once more, pausing when he left Sehun’s finger against his lips.

“I want this to be a fresh start for us,” the younger said, lowering his hand. “Not a picking back up where we left off… But from the beginning. Okay?” LuHan took a slow breath, letting it out as he nodded, then a cheeky smile crossed his lips.

“Okay. Hi, my name’s LuHan, and I’m from China, what’s your name?” he asked, Sehun playfully swatting his shoulder.

“Not that far back, you idiot!” he replied with a laugh before placing another kiss on LuHan’s lips.

 

 

Monday

Me (20:07) Hey Hyung?

LuHan-Hyung (20:30) What’s up?

Me (20:34) Well, Jongin and Kyungsoo-Hyung’s wedding is in a couple of weeks

(20:36) I was wondering if you would go with me

LuHan-Hyung (20:42) On one condition

Me (20:44) What condition?

LuHan-Hyung (20:48) You let me take you on a proper date first

 

 

“Excuse me, where should we place the center pieces?”

“I think we can start setting up the tables now, so if you want to place them on the far table as you bring them in, we can take them and start putting them on the tables as we cover the tables with the table cloths.”

“Yes sir,” the mousey brown haired girl replied, bowing her head before she wandered away from Kyungsoo, who turned, scanning the room. His eyes fell on Jongin, who was fidgeting in the doorway to the kitchen, and he wandered over, back hugging the younger male. A smile crossed his lips at the way that Jongin jumped, shaking his head a little.

“Hey, calm down. Everything is going to be fine,” he said, Jongin turning around in his arms to face him, worrying his lower lip with his teeth.

“I… I just want all of this to be perfect,” he said in a soft voice, turning his head to look over his shoulder at the chef, Kyungsoo catching his cheek with a gentle hand.

“The only thing that needs to happen for this to be perfect is for there to be you and me at the altar.”

“But-” Kyungsoo stretched up, cutting the dark haired male with a kiss.

“But nothing. You and I are here, and unless you’re planning on getting cold feet on me, that’s all I need,” he said, his hands moving to Jongin’s shoulders, trying to kneed out some of the tension he found there. “Everything else is a bonus.”

“… What if the guests don’t like the music? I know the reviews said that he was one of the best in the area, but what if he paid them to write those?”

“If he’s awful we can just unplug the speaker.”

“What if the guests don’t like the food?”

“Then they can starve.”

“Hyung,” Jongin whined, the older trying not to let out a soft laugh.

“He’s been like this all morning, hasn’t he?” The pair looked over at the blond that wandered over to them, Kyungsoo nodding.

“It’s cute.”

“It’s not cute,” Jongin pouted, Kyungsoo looking away to attempt to pass his laugh off as a cough, Sehun latching onto Jongin’s arm.

“Come on, Kyungsoo-Hyung’s got this handled, let’s go get the groomsmen and take them to the dressing room,” he said, pulling Jongin away before the older could come up with a reason for why he needed to be down here to supervise.

 

“What floor? Are we supposed to be on?” Minseok asked, looking back at LuHan, who was dragging his feet a little as he followed Minseok and ZiTao, scanning through his messages with Sehun.

“The ceremony is on the third floor,” he answered eventually, ZiTao holding a little tighter on Minseok’s arm as they started to ascend the stairs just past the front door.

“Did Sehun say where to sit?”

“He told me that our reserved seats are in the third row,” ZiTao answered, tugging Minseok’s arm a little when he tried to turn the wrong way down the hall, the three eventually settling in the third row when they finally found the room – Minseok shaking his head a little as ZiTao said it should have been obvious and they didn’t need to pass it twice since there was obviously a large group of people already settling in. Minseok’s excuse was there could be multiple weddings going on at the same time, and ZiTao rolled his eyes. The blond reached up, messing with one of the studs in his ear, Minseok nudging his hand away from it, ZiTao pouting in response.

“You’re not the one up there, why are you so nervous?” he asked, ZiTao shrugging before he snuggled into Minseok’s side.

The blond pulled out his mobile a few minutes later, playing on it until music slowly flowed in and they all turned to watch the groomsmen filter in, one pair reaching the altar before the next pair would enter the room and head down the aisle. Sehun was part of the last pair to come out, and after there was a long pause before Kyungsoo made his way down the aisle, arm in arm with his mother who looked close to tears as she released her son’s arm so he could climb the few stairs to stand at the altar. She took her place in the front row, her husband offering her a handkerchief to dab gently at her eyes, and the crowd looked back at the entrance once more.

Jongin appeared in the doorway, arm in arm with his own mother while his father stood on his other side, on hand resting on the dark haired male’s shoulder, the three of them making their way down the aisle slowly. Once they reached the steps, Mrs. Kim pulled Jongin into a tight hug before she and Mr. Kim joined Mrs. Oh, who hugged her sister close, looking like she was biting back a small giggle. Jongin looked to Kyungsoo, who smiled back, and the younger climbed the stairs as well, joining his lover at the altar, the two turning to face the priest after.

“We gather here to unite these two people in marriage. Their decision to marry has not been entered into lightly and today they publicly declare their private devotion to each other. The essence of this commitment is the acceptance of each other in entirety, as lover, companion, and friend. A good and balanced relationship is one in which neither person is overpowered nor absorbed by the other, one in which neither person is possessive of the other, one in which both give their love freely. Marriage, ideally, is a sharing of responsibilities, hopes, and dreams.” The priest looked from Kyungsoo to Jongin, and then continued.

“Do you both pledge to share your lives openly with one another, and to speak the truth in love? Do you promise to honor and tenderly care for one another, cherish and encourage each other, stand together, through sorrows and joys, hardships and triumphs for all the days of your lives?”

“We do.”

“Do you pledge to share your love and the joys of your marriage with all those around you, so that they may learn from your love and be encouraged to grow in their own lives?”

“We do.”

“The rings,” the priest asked, and the pair looked over to Kyungsoo’s father whom set down the white ball of fluff that had been sitting on the bench beside him, a soft murmur settling over most of the crowd. Ddalgi stretched a little before padding over to the steps, hopping up each as she carried a small box around her neck like a St. Bernard, and Kyungsoo knelt down to unfasten the box from her, turning to Jongin as he opened it. Each took a ring, slipping it on the other’s finger, and the priest took the empty box after.

“May these rings be blessed as a symbol of your union. As often as either of you look upon these rings, may you not only be reminded of this moment, but also of the vows you have made and the strength of your commitment to each other. Kyungsoo, please speak your vows at this time,” he said, Kyungsoo offering a not before turning to face Jongin once again.

“Kim Jongin. You’ve been with me long enough to know that I’m not really a big fan of people. I’ve never been the most social person, but with you I find myself not bothered by crowds whenever you’re by my side. I’ll never forget the day that you walked into my life, and chose not to walk back out.”

“Now Jongin, your vows.”

“DO Kyungsoo. You make me strive to be a better person, and you’re always there to catch me when I stumble. You encourage me to take on new challenges and manage to never make me feel as though you’re pushing me beyond my limits. Also, if it wasn’t for you working at that pet store, I probably would have actually had money the summer we met all those years ago,” Jongin said with a laugh that tugged at the corner of Kyungsoo’s lips.

“You’re the weirdo who came in every day,” he pointed out, and Jongin almost rolled his eyes.

“I had to flirt with the cute guy behind the counter.”

“You called that flirting?” Kyungsoo asked with a raised eyebrow.

“Hey, you’re the one who fell for it.”

“We both know that we wouldn’t be standing here if I hadn’t been the one to ask you out, you could hardly speak,” Kyungsoo stated, and the pair looked to the priest as he cleared his throat.

“Can we continue with the ceremony before you two decide that you want to file for a divorce?” he asked, a gentle laughter spreading through the audience as well as the couple who nodded after. “Go now in peace and live in love, sharing the most precious gifts you have- the gifts of your lives united. And may your days be long on this earth. I now pronounce you husband and husband. You may now kiss your groom.” A round of applause broke out as the two exchanged a gentle kiss, turning to face the crowd, hand in hand once the kiss broke. “Now, everyone please move to the reception room,” the priest finished, and the crowd stood, slowly shuffling out of the Chapple.

ZiTao tugged on Minseok’s arm, halfway dragging him over to the table that Yifan and Yixing were sitting at, the copper haired male having to do a double take when he noticed the spotted gray cat sitting in Yixing’s lap- mostly because the cat was wearing a… tux? On top of that, the blond raised one of the cat’s paws to make it wave at the pair as they approached the table.

“He’s Meng, right?” ZiTao asked, settling on the other side of Yifan, and Yixing nodded. “I remember hanging out with Gege one day and he was looking up different breeds of cats, trying to decide the best one,” he added, dimples poking into Yixing’s cheeks as he smiled.

“You seem much more friendly towards him, ZiTao,” Minseok pointed out, the youngest opening his mouth to protest when the attention of the room was called to the main entrance where Kyungsoo and Jongin stood, hand in hand, followed by each pair of groomsmen.

“Now introducing for the first time: Do Kyungsoo and Do Jongin.” The pair bowed their heads, and a round of applause broke out through the room, Kyungsoo taking the lead up to the grooms-table.

The catering was served, and a soft murmur of conversation carried through the room for close to an hour while Jongin and Kyungsoo made their way to each table to welcome the guests and thank them for their appearances. As the couple stopped at the table with Yifan, Yixing, Minseok and ZiTao, Kyungsoo started to coo over Mung and Yifan broke out in a laugh when Ddalgi jumped up on the table. She padded over to boop Mung’s nose with her own, Yixing giggling. 

“They look like a couple of their own with the little dress she’s in,” he said, looking up at Kyungsoo who let out a small laugh of his own. The two made their way back up to the grooms-table, Kyungsoo giving Jongin a confused look when he didn’t join the older up the stairs, instead placing a kiss on the back of Kyungsoo’s hand before releasing it, making his way over to the designated dance area, a silence falling over the room.

“Jongin, what are you doing?” Kyungsoo asked, a smile crossing Jongin’s lips before he looked to the DJ and a song started up a moment later. Kyungsoo’s eyes widened as Jongin started to move along with the music, suddenly realizing what the younger was doing- he had choreographed one of his lyrical dances, and Kyungsoo felt his throat tighten as a warning of the tears that wanted to fill his eyes. Jongin took a couple of long strides towards Kyungsoo, bowing as he held out a hand to guide the older down the few stairs to the dance floor with him, turning his performance into their first dance as a married couple.

Jongin leaned against Kyungsoo’s arm as they sat back down at the grooms-table, taking the older’s hand in his own, playing with his fingers and turning the ring on one of them. After a moment he looked up at Kyungsoo as the dark haired male chuckled, arching an eyebrow.

“What?”

“Who would have thought that out of all of us, we would be the two to get married first,” Kyungsoo mused. “I’m pretty sure that everyone had their money on Baekhyun and Chanyeol.”

“At least they didn’t wait forever to get engaged. You were helping them with wedding invitations, so they’re only a few months behind us. With us planning to postpone our own wedding I was sure they were going to have their wedding first though,” Jongin replied, cracking a smile of his own.

 

 

“You alright, Hyung?” Sehun asked, pulling back the covers of the bed, settling down beside the other.

“What makes you ask that?” LuHan asked in return, locking his phone as he set it on the nightstand beside the bed, looking up at Sehun.

“You’ve been pretty quiet since we got home from the wedding,” Sehun pointed out, LuHan letting out a soft laugh as he looked down.

“I… I’ve just been thinking. Seeing you all dressed up at the wedding, up at the alter with Jongin… It just made me picture what you would look like at our own wedding. I-I know it’s a long time away, but… I still was imagining it. That’s all,” he finished, looking up at Sehun. The blond nodded, and LuHan leaned over, placing a soft kiss on his lips before he settled the rest of the way under the covers, smiling at the younger. “Goodnight, Sehun.”

“Goodnight, Hyung,” he replied, reaching to switch the lamp light off and lay down as well. LuHan shifted a little closer once Sehun stopped moving, draping an arm across the younger’s chest. Sehun turned his head, looking at the other’s peaceful face as his eyes adjusted to the dark, finally letting a smile slip across his lips. Maybe it’ll happen sooner than you think it will, Hyung, he thought, closing his eyes as he let sleep take a hold of him.


(( Well, that mini-hiatus was unplanned, oops. Have a wedding to make up for it xD
Also, fun fact, Pixie has never played Mario Kart, thus the fact that it's all the boys play is very amusing 
Another fun fact: the ship name for Ddalgi and Meng is Strawberry Lemonaid x3 ))