9. I'll Melt You Down Like Ice Cream

Three Halves to Make Me Whole

(( A/N Hello~ I don't really think I have any news this week owo Things are pretty much then same old same old other than Angel will be the one who will be responding to your comments from now on ^^ ))


Chapter Nine:
I'll Melt You Down Like Ice Cream

 

“It’s good that you’re coming out to ice cream with us, Junmyeon,” Yixing said as they were slipping on their shoes, and Junmyeon offered him a smile.

“I’m trying to get closer with our friends, even if they are a bit much for me to handle a lot of the time,” He replied, opening the door and stepping out of the apartment. He turned right to lead the way down the hall, and right into someone. He staggered back, opening his mouth to apologize as he looked up at the other’s face, his mouth closing to form a firm line as he heard the laughter that had been ringing in his hears for the last two days.

“Hey there neighbor. Your phone working alright?” Junmyeon offered no response, starting to walk around the brunet as Yixing locked the apartment door. He looked at the pair, smiling at the way the brunet’s eyes followed Junmyeon as the blond walked past him.

“You live next door, don’t you?” Yixing asked and the brunet’s attention was directed towards him.

“Yes, hyung. My name is Kim Jongdae,” He introduced.

“How… do you know that I’m older than you?” Yixing asked, his smile faltering slightly.

“Because of Junnie- er, Junmyeon-hyung,” Jongdae said, pointing over his shoulder at the blond who froze at the nickname. “I’m the one he’s been playing games with,” He added, expecting a negative response from the other once he connected the dots. He was pleasantly surprised to receive the other’s smile again, moments before Yixing surprised him again and wrapped his arms around the brunet, giving him a big hug.

“I’m glad Junmyeon has a friend,” Yixing whispered to him before releasing him from the embrace. “Are you busy? We were just about to head out for ice cream with a group of our friends if you would like to join us,” He stated, Junmyeon shaking his head behind the brunet. Jongdae looked back at him just in time to catch the action before Junmyeon froze again and Jongdae shifted his gaze to Yixing again.

“Hyung doesn’t seem to think that’s a good idea,” He said and Yixing’s smile drooped into a pout, as he stepped around Jongdae and up to Junmyeon. The two blonds stared at each other for a long moment before Junmyeon sighed.

“Jongdae… Would you like to join us?” He asked in a defeated tone, Yixing’s smile returning.



Kyungsoo checked his phone again, frowning as it showed no notification, before he looked around again. He unlocked his phone, checking his message line with Jongin to confirm he had sent the other the correct time and place for the fourth time before the pair he was sitting with seemed to finally notice.

“Kyungsoo, who are you waiting for?” Chanyeol asked and Baekhyun strained his neck too try to check he dark haired male’s phone from across the table- He learned his lesson about grabbing phones for a while.

“Yeah, I doubt you’d be checking your phone this much for just Junmyeon-hyung and Yixing-hyung,” Baekhyun stated and Chanyeol nodded, looking to Baekhyun then back to Kyungsoo.

“So who are you looking for?”

“My boyfriend,” Kyungsoo replied and Chanyeol and Baekhyun looked at each other before bursting out into laughter.

“Good one, Kyungsoo. Now really, who are you looking for?” Chanyeol asked and Kyungsoo looked up from his phone.

“My boyfriend.” He repeated and the pair’s eyes widened in sync.

“Since when do you have a boyfriend?”

“Since summer vacation.”

“Better question,” Baekhyun started. “How do you have a boyfriend?”

“I asked him on a date and then on another and we just started dating,” Kyungsoo replied with a shrug before his mobile bussed and he looked to it, unlocking it when he saw Jongin’s name.

I’m almost there! Ddalgi tried to get out when I was leaving so it took a while to sneak out.

Kyungsoo ignored the dozen of questions that Chanyeol was rattling off, catching ‘is this why you always disappear on your free days?’ before he saw Jongin down the street and stood from the table to meet him half way. He managed to get a greeting out before Chanyeol’s deep voice cut him off.

“C’mon Baekhyun! Let’s heck out this boyfriend of…” He stopped, running into Kyungsoo and almost knocking the dark haired male over as he stared at the younger male in front of the three of them.

“Kyungsoo?” The shorter scowled up at him.

“What?”

“Your boyfriend’s too handsome, you can’t date him,” Chanyeol stated and Baekhyun started to laugh as the darker skinned male’s cheeks turned red and he looked down at his feet. Kyungsoo gave Chanyeol an elbow to the stomach before he stepped closer to Jongin and took his hand, leading him back to the table they had been sitting at.

“Ignore them, I always do,” He stated, sitting down and gesturing to Jongin to sit beside them. “So Ddalgi tried to come with you today?” He asked and Jongin gave a small smile before he brushed his hair out of his eyes and nodded.

“She also enjoyed knocking things off my desk last night… than then sitting on a sheet of paper and running her paws over it while she stared at me at three am,” He said. “I think I preferred waking up in the middle of the night to her sitting on my neck with her chin on my nose while she watched me sleep.” Kyungsoo smiled as he sighed contently.

“I’m so glad she loves you so much and that you were able to take her in this year. I don’t understand why the dorms don’t allow pets.”

“Wait, so your cat shows her love for your boyfriend by trying to smother him while he sleeps?” Baekhyun asked. They had been so quiet that Kyungsoo had thought they were still standing where he and Jongin had left them.

“She is Kyungsoo’s cat. Probably learned how to show love from him,” Chanyeol retorted as he and Baekhyun sat across the pair, receiving a kick to the shins under the table. “It’s true,” He mumbled, reaching down to rub his leg. It wasn’t long before they were joined by another trio; Yixing and Junmyeon, followed by an unfamiliar brunet.

“Who’s your friend?” Kyungsoo asked and the brunet in question smiled.

“Who’s yours?” Yixing asked in turn, looking at Jongin.

“My name is Jongin,” He youngest introduced in a soft voice, and Kyungsoo, Chanyeol and Baekhyun looked to the new stranger.

“I’m Jongdae. I’m a friend of Junmyeon-hyung’s.” Chanyeol and Baekhyun looked at each other before grinning and looking to the mentioned blond.

“Is this who was sending you those dirty messages, hyung?” Baekhyun asked and Junmyeon felt a blush spread across his cheeks. Jongdae looked to him before hooking an arm around his neck, Junmyeon looking away from him as Jongdae pulled him close.

“So you’ve been talking about me?” He cooed, tightening his grip when the blond tried to escape.

“No.”

“Then how do they know about the dirty messages?” He asked and Baekhyun jumped up, slamming his hands on the table and causing Jongin to flinch.

“I knew it!” He exclaimed and Jongdae laughed so hard he had to use Junmyeon to keep himself standing. It wasn’t the easiest task as the blond was still trying to escape, even if it sent the brunet to the floor. When things calmed down, Baekhyun took his seat again.

“I’m Baekhyun. This is Chanyeol, that’s Kyungsoo and…” Baekhyun paused for a moment, Kyungsoo arching an eyebrow at him. “And he already said his name.”

“You have no clue what his name is, do you?” Jongdae asked, fighting back a snicker as he received a small pout from the other brunet.

 

“Baekhyun and Chanyeol are together, same with Jongin and I,” Kyungsoo explained, looking to Jongdae. “Chanyeol and I are platonic soulmates.”

“Just like Yixing and Junmyeon,” Jongdae said, finally releasing the captive blond who moved to the other side of Yixing so there was someone between Jongdae and himself.

“What about you Jongdae?” Chanyeol asked. “Met either of your soulmates?” The brunet shrugged, a playful smile crossing his lips.

“I haven’t bonded with anyone yet,” He mused. “But I’m only in my first year of college.”

“That’s something I’ve been wondering,” Junmyeon started, rubbing his neck. “If you’re a first year, then why do you like in the apartments? First years are supposed to live in the dorms.”

“I’m not a full time student, that’s how.”

“Why aren’t you a full time student? It’s going to take you forever to earn a degree like that.”      Kyungsoo pointed out.

“Because I don’t know what wanna be yet,” Jongdae stated as if it was obvious. “Why waste time taking classes towards a degree f I’m just going to change my mind about a career?” Chanyeol opened his mouth and Baekhyun nudged him.

“Don’t even think about it, you know you’re going into the science field. You have since you were ten.”

“I was just going to suggest going into the parlor to get ice cream, since that’s what we’re here for and everyone’s here now,” Chanyeol argued and Baekhyun rolled his eyes.

“You’re so full of bull.”

Kyungsoo and Jongin stood from the table, taking the lead into the Coldstone, Junmyeon trying and failing to squirm away from Jongdae when the brunet hooked his arm around the other’s neck again, huffing a sigh as he gave up. Baekhyun and Chanyeol followed Yixing’s lead after the two pairs.

“Yixing-hyung looks like the seventh wheel tagging along with three couples,” Chanyeol commented and the blond looked around before shrugging.

“I’ll find my partner when it’s time.”

“Jongdae and I are not a couple,” Junmyeon stated, his voice quivering a little and Jongdae pulled him to a stop before swinging around to stand in front of him, draping his other arm over Junmyeon’s shoulder so they were both around the other’s neck.

“Aw, we’re not?” He asked in a playful while, the blush traveling down Junmyeon’s neck.

“No. And the only reason we met in person is because Baekhyun broke my phone.”

“Oh?” Jongdae looked over Junmyeon’s shoulder at the other, a grin crossing his lips. “I know there was a more than just the bond I feel as the reason I had a good feeling about you. You feel it too?” he asked and all eyes were on Baekhyun who appeared thrown off by the sudden attention directed towards him, as well as how quickly the other seemed to cut to the chase. He gave a small nod, shifting a little closer to Chanyeol

“Congrats Baekhyun,” Kyungsoo called, already having ordered his and Jongin’s ice cream. “You’re not too stupid to find our other soulmate like I thought. Then again, it is your stupidity that caused the chain reaction for you to meet.”

“Hey!”

“Well, he did have to nudge us for us to realize we were romantic soulmates-” Chanyeol started.

“You can hush.” Baekhyun replied and Jongdae rest his forehead on Junmyeon’s shoulder for a moment as he laughed, straightening a little with his arms still around Junmyeon’s neck.

“Well, now I don’t feel so left out,” He stated, looking to the confused look on Junmyeon’s face. “I was the only one to join the party that didn’t have one of their soulmates here. Now three people here have both.”

“You seem very into the idea of soulmates,” Jongin pointed out, surprising the party as he spoke and Jongdae stepped back, removing his arms from Junmyeon’s neck to turn and face the younger.

“It’s not something I take lightly,” He replied in the closest thing to a serious tone Junmyeon thought he was capable of, following Yixing as he headed towards the line to order. “When I was first told about it I did all the research that I could on it, that way I would know when I found my soulmates. But that’s trickier than it sounds.”

“Why’s that? Don’t people just… bond?” Jongin asked, taking the cup of ice cream that Kyungsoo handed him. Jongdae shook his head, Yixing piping up before he could answer the younger.

“Both people have to be open to the idea,” He started and Jongdae looked at him. “They both have to have it lingering in the back of their minds before the link happens and the bond forms. And then it may take a while for the two involved to realize why they’re drawn to each other.” He explained and Jongdae’s smile returned to his lips.

“I like you.” He stated, giving Yixing a wink, and the blond bit back a smile at the look Junmyeon gave the brunet behind his back. Junmyeon had ‘no, look at me’ written in his eyes, but he was completely unaware of it, and that’s what made Yixing want to smile.



(( Have I mentioned I love Ddalgi? Because I love Ddalgi, so so very much ))