We Need to Talk

Three Halves to Make Me Whole

Pixie: Ah yes, the four words that no one wants to hear. But they are very necessary this week.

Angel: This fic has a lot of planning and pacing going on, as it follows a pre-set time line that we’ve created. We try to make sure that the couples have around the same amount of content for each, which is why there was a random KaiSoo chapter not long ago where Jongin had to babysit Sanghyuk and Hyelin since they hadn’t been seen or mentioned for a while, and the next thing planned for them wasn’t supposed to happen for several months in universe. The story goes through different arcs where a couple is focused on more here and there, ending up in some two or three part situations (like Fanxing going to the beach, or XiuTao getting together) where the chapters are sequential.
 

Pixie: It’s a little hard when commenters show up saying they want more of one pairing or another, one: because we do have this all planned out at least 5 chapters ahead of what has been posted, two: it makes us feel rushed or pressured to put in filler that doesn’t go along with the actual plot, and three: details are rarely given for what you want from a couple. Do you want to see them go on a date? What happened to cause their first fight? How person A would murder person B? Because I can write all those, but I doubt anyone would want to read the last idea there.

It’s frustrating because we offered the opportunity for people to request whatever they wanted to see from any of the couples during the fan event and almost no one sent in ideas, which lead us to believe that people didn’t care about seeing more of their preferred couples from the fic. I mean, it’s not like that chance is lost, because I love being asked ‘what so and so couple would do if this thing happened’, that’s mostly what we created the tumblr for (for those of you who don’t know, here is the link).

And if I don’t have the time or inspiration to crank out 2k+ about whatever it is your heart desires, Angel is more than happy to explain the scenario or what would happen. Hell, she’d even be willing to write a little drabble herself.

 

Angel: This universe is my creation, it’s my precious brain child; so it hurts me a lot when I see commenters who seem to care more about just reading some thrown together chapter for a pairing that they like, and don’t seem to actually care about the story that we’ve created.

Sadly there will be no chapter this week, the frustration makes it hard for either of us to want to put effort into the fic even though 99.9% of readers don’t complain and have nothing but nice things to say.

We want to express gratitude to everyone who’s offered their love and support over the last year and a half. You guys are the reason that this monster of a story has made it this far. The positive comments really keep us going, and help us look over most of the not-so-encouraging other ones. We’ll return to our normal schedule next week, this week we just wanted to make a point to readers because this is a topic that is very important to us that we’ve talked about bringing up a couple of times. We sincerely thank you all for understanding.

 

 

TLDR:
This isn’t a request fic
EVERYTHING is pre-planned(we decided the April Fools’ fic literally 5 months in advanced for ’s sake)
If you want scenarios send an ask on tumblr or pm on here, and it will be posted to the tumblr
No chapter this week, will return to normal schedule next week

 

Angel: P.S, this is written nice and politely, because I wouldn’t let Pixie curse at everyone who pissed them off XD