60.

Three Halves to Make Me Whole

(( Hello all! With this update we bring a little sad news ^^; this term of school is already really stressful and it's only week 1 of 8, so Three Halves is going to go on a small hiatus so I don't make myself sick from stress again ;o; We hope everyone isn't too upset, it'll only be 1, maybe 2 weeks, and then it'll be back to weekly updates and the last 3 fan event chapters as soon as I get everything under control! Again we're sorry I have to do this ><; ))


“Ugh,” Sehun groaned, flopping face down on LuHan’s couch, the pink haired male looking over him with a curious expression. He pressed the stat button on his coffee maker before stepping out of his kitchen and making his way over to sit beside the younger.

“What was that for?” he asked, Sehun lifting his head to frown deeply at him.

“I just got a talking to from one of the dorm managers. Apparently since all three Hyungs have moved out, I either have to move out or deal with three first years being shuffled into my dorm,” he huffed, laying his head back down with his face turned so the other would still be able to hear him.

“So basically you get to do what Yifan-Ge did last year,” LuHan pointed out, Sehun nodding.

“Only I don’t get anything good out of the deal other than not having to find some apartment to live in that I can afford. With how much I make, I’m going to have to get roommates either way, but with the dorm I don’t get any say on who moves in with me. And anyone I know already has their dorms or apartments full, so I know I wouldn’t be able to get anyone to move in with me by the end of the week.” LuHan cringed a little.

“I take it that’s the deadline they gave you to figure out what you wanted to do?” He asked, earning another nod from the blond.

“This . Why did ZiTao-Hyung have to move out, we were fine living together!” Sehun huffed, rolling onto his back to look up at LuHan. “He could have at least warned me about moving out instead of me coming home to him and Victoria-Noona packing his things. Apparently he didn’t tell the dorm manager either, and that’s why it’s taken them a while to figure out that I’ve been living by myself in a unit meant to house at least three students.” LuHan looked around his living room, which always seemed to feel more empty when the blond wasn’t in the room with him.

“You could always… crash here until you found a place. I’ve got a lot of unused storage space that you could put your things in too, so you wouldn’t have to rent out some kind of storage unit,” he offered slowly, as if a little unsure of the words that were passing his lips. When Seun was silent for a long while he turned his attention back down to him, noticing the surprise on his face.

“You’d really be okay with me staying here with you for a week or two?” he asked, sitting up as LuHan rubbed the back of his neck. 

“You spend a lot of time here anyway, since the dorm emptied out, so…” Sehun looked down at his lap.

“I don’t like being there by myself when I have so many memories of it being full and happy. I miss living with Hyungs, and I… I know things won’t be going back to that,” he said, looking up at LuHan when the older wrapped his arm around his shoulders and gave him a small shake.

“I know. That’s why it doesn’t bother me when you hang out here. You staying for a week or two won’t be that different. I’ll even help you look around for something that suits your budget,” he added, standing from the couch as his coffee maker beeped to signal that his Americano was finished.

“What about this one?” Sehun asked, turning his laptop around so LuHan could see the screen from the other side of the counter, swinging his legs a little from the barstool he was sitting on. “It’s just under my budget and the pictures look nice,” he added as LuHan set down the plate he was washing, drying his hands before scrolling down on the website offered to him, cringing. 

“Sehun, that’s in a really dangerous part of the city. Plus it’s like, an hour commute to school,” he pointed out, Sehun frowning and turning his laptop back around as his shoulders slumped a little.

“You’ve found some kind of major flaw in every one that I’ve shown you pictures of,” he pouted, closing the tab and going back down the list he had  scavenged of places that were currently accepting new move-ins.

“Because you keep finding places that are either really far out of your budget, to the point that you would need a roommate for a one bedroom, or they’re so decrepit that I’m pretty sure you moving there would guarantee you dying before your lease was up,” LuHan explained. When Sehun didn’t seem happy with the response he reached out, running his fingers through the other’s hair. “You’ll find something soon, don’t worry too much about it.”

 

Soon was two weeks later, and LuHan squinting a little at the light from his mobile as he checked the time, flinching a little when the screen dimmed and the device started buzzing. He let out a small sigh before selecting ‘answer’ and holding it to his ear.

“Hello?”

“LuHan! Thank goodness you answered. I need you to come into work as soon as you can.” The pink haired male’s eyebrows knit together, his free arm moving from under Sehun’s waist to rub at one of his eyes.

“Right now? I don’t work until this afternoon.”

“Yes, but we just had two people call out, and a third came in to say she was quitting, I’ve been calling everyone to see if any of them would be willing to come in, and you’re my last hope.” LuHan bit back a sigh, watching Sehun roll over onto his other side to face him, and LuHan turned so he was on his back.

“Alright, I’ll be there as soon as I can,” he sighed, ending the call and slowly looking to Sehun’s confused look.

“Hyung, I thought you were going to come with me to apartment hunt before I had to go to work,” he said, LuHan sitting up and shaking his head.

“Something happened at work, they need me to come in right away. I’m really sorry, we can do it tomorrow, I don’t have work at all. I’ll even turn off my mobile so they can’t reach me, how about that?” Sehun didn’t seem pleased about the agreement, but he gave a nod nonetheless, rolling back into his side. LuHan leaned over him, giving him a light peck on the cheek before getting up and dressing himself for work. Sehun seemed a little better by the time that LuHan was ready, turning his head to give the older a kiss goodbye before turning back to the game he was playing on his mobile. LuHan closed the bedroom door behind himself, starting for the front door, pausing while slipping on his shoes. Sehun’s things, which had mostly been in boxes shoved in the corner had slowly made their way through out the living room. LuHan was aware that Sehun had several changes of clothes in one of the drawers in the bedroom, but somehow he hadn’t noticed how much his things had spread out through the apartment.

I’ve gotta get going, he thought, shaking his head and standing, locking the door behind himself and started a hurried pace to the resturant. He noticed the shirt he was wearing was a little tighter in the neck than usual, hooking on finger in his collar and giving it a slight tug to try and adjust it, frowning when it didn’t make his shirt loosen. It had been on the floor when he had picked it up, so it wasn’t a matter of it needing to be worn a couple of times to stretch it back out, so why…? The pink haired male came to a stop, staring down at his shirt as he noticed the logo in the corner; he was wearing Sehun’s shirt, not his own. The realization made his chest tighten, the corners of his lips quirking up before he opened the door to the restaurant he served at.



LuHan’s eyes flickered to the time shown in the corner of his laptop, then over to the front door when he heard the click of the lock.

“Late night?” he called as the blond closed the door behind himself and slid out of his shoes. He dropped himself on the couch beside the older, leaning back into the cushion as his eyes closed and he nodded.

“On the bright side, I don’t think I’ll be needing to get roomies again,” Sehun said, LuHan’s eyebrows knitting together as he looked to him.

“What do you mean? You worked one hour later than usual, how can you afford living by yourself?” He asked, closing his laptop and moving it to the coffee table.

“Oh, you know. With my new manager position.” LuHan’s mouth hung open a little as Sehun turned his head to look over at him, the pair’s lips twisting up into giddy smiles as LuHan wrapped an arm around the other and pulled him close.

“That’s why you got home so late!”



“I really think you’ll like this one, Hyung.”

“You’ve said that about the last three.”

“I mean it this time!” Sehun insisted and LuHan allowed himself to be lead into the office of the apartment complex. The two met with one of the staff, who was eager to take them up to the second floor and show them one of the open apartments. When the door opened LuHan felt his stomach twist up as the apartment, if you could call it that, was revealed, showing that the whole apartment was nearly half the size of LuHan’s own bedroom. It was a single room with enough space for a bed, dresser and possibly some kind of mini fridge, and the pink haired male shuddered when a cockroach crawled from one side of the room to the other.

“Whatcha think, Hyung?” Sehun asked, looking back at him, though his smile didn’t entirely reach his eyes.

“It’s… nice. And a really good price,” he replied through a tight jaw, as the staff member nodded enthusiastically.

“We can get the paperwork started right away if you would like,” she offered, LuHan reaching out to pull Sehun back and out of the room.

“How about tomorrow? He’ll be back tomorrow, he needs proof of income and that sort of thing, right?” LuHan asked, the staff member’s excitement faltering before he nodded. “Sadly since we were just planning on looking around today I didn’t remind him to bring that with him, so he’ll have to come by tomorrow.” He explained, and the staff member nodded.

“Tomorrow, yes. We eagerly wait your return.”

“I’ve found the perfect place for you.”

“But we already told that last place that I was going to come back and sign the paperwork and everything,” Sehun argued, staggering a little when LuHan tugged on his wrist.

“Just, hear me out, okay?” LuHan requested, smiling when Sehun gave in. “So, it is a one bedroom, like all the ones you’ve been looking at since your promotion, but you’ll have to share a kitchen.” Sehun arched an eyebrow. “And a living room, and… a bed.” Sehun’s eyebrows knit together as he frowned at the other.

“What? Why would I-”

“Let me finish. You’ll have to share all of these things, and let all of your stuff fill up the apartment just like your roommate’s things will. No more keeping most of your things in boxes in the corner. Also, you have to keep your toothbrush in the toothbrush holder, and not just on the sink counter anymore, because I keep almost knocking it onto the floor,” LuHan added, Sehun’s mouth opening before closing as he watched the pink haired male’s face for a long moment.

“Hyung, you’re not suggesting what I think you are, are you?” He asked, LuHan’s serious expression breaking as he tried to keep back a smile.

“Will you stay here? With me?