Fan Event #1: Candi for Valentine's Day

Three Halves to Make Me Whole

(( Finally kicking off the fan event, a lot later than I wanted I hope that's okay >0< First up is XiuTao~ Next will probably be SuChen since there were two winners that wanted SuChen, though I've only gotten a prompt from one.

Anywho~ here you go ^^ I hope it's what you wanted, friend! ))

 


 

”You’re so warm. Can I stay here for a bit longer?” ZiTao asked, snuggling closer to the copper haired male who reached over, carding his fingers through his hair. 

“I have to go to a meeting soon, kid,” he said, causing the younger to pout and burry his face in Minseok’s neck, pulling a small laugh from him. “Come on, you knew about that when you came over.”

“I was hoping you would forget about it,” ZiTao mumbled, Minseok shaking his head and sitting up.

“You really expected me to forget?” he asked, cocking an eyebrow, watching ZiTao shift so he was laying in Minseok’s lap the best that he could.

“No, hoped. I hoped I could do something to… help you forget,” ZiTao said, running the tip of his index finger over the slight peak of the older’s stomach that he saw from where his shirt had ridden up. His playful smile drooped back into a pout when his hand was brushed away.

“Nice try, kid. Maybe next time,” the other replied, and ZiTao sat up so he could get up from the bed. “As much as I would love to-”

“I know, I know, you’re busy,” ZiTao mumbled, looking to the other when he fell silent, heart stinging a little at the sad look on his face. “Sorry,” he added, attention falling back to his lap. He looked up at Minseok when there was a hand on his cheek and his tension eased when the other’s sad look had faded.

“And I know it’s hard on you, with Yifan gone.” ZiTao bit his lower lip, giving a small nod. “But you’ll see me soon. We’ve been seeing each other more often lately, haven’t we?” ZiTao nodded again, closing his eyes and leaning into the other’s hand that remained on his cheek. “After this meeting, I should be able to spend more time with you… If I’m picked, that is,” the other added, pulling his hand back slowly. ZiTao gave him a curious look before it clicked and he remembered what the other was talking about; this meeting was where all of the interns in the social worker department were assessed, and the best few were hired on and no longer unpaid interns, which meant that Minseok wouldn’t have to work at the coffee shop anymore because he would be making more just from his social worker position.

“You will,” ZiTao said with a smile, that seemed to relax Minseok a little.

“I’m glad one of us believes in me,” the older replied with a small laugh when ZiTao tugged on his arm.

“You will!” he repeated, a faint whine to his tone and Minseok reached over, ruffling the blond’s hair.

“Thanks, kid.”

 

“Victoria-Jei, what are you doing?” ZiTao asked, stepping out of his room and looking to the brunette in the kitchen, who paused what she was doing for only a moment before she turned her attention back to the cake in front of her.

“Decorating this cake for Sulli,” she replied, ZiTao’s lips quirking in a small laugh now that he could see the flour that powered one side of her head, and the mess that her apron was in.

“Why?” he continued, taking one of the sliced strawberries from the bowl on the counter and popping it into his mouth. She gave the action a small frown, shaking her head and placing frosting roses around the perimeter of the cake.

“Because it’s valentine’s day,” she pointed out, ZiTao eating another strawberry. “What are you doing?” she asked in turn, earning a small shrug from the other.

“Waiting for Minseok-Hyung to text me so we can make plans,” ZiTao said, reaching for another strawberry when Victoria moved the bowl away, and he turned a pout up to her.

“ZiTao, hun, I love you, but I need you to not.”

“Why?” The blond whined and she shook her head, finishing the last rose before starting to place the cut strawberries in the center of the cake.

“Because they’re for Sulli’s cake, not your stomach. If you’re hungry there’s food in the fridge,” she pointed out, and ZiTao grumbled a little as he stepped past her, going to dig around in the fridge instead. He was munching on stale chips on the couch when she made her way over to him and handed the bowl of left over strawberries to him, which drained the pout from his lips. 

“The cake’s all done, would you like to tell me if you think she’ll like it?” Victoria asked and the younger perked up, jumping from the couch and running into the kitchen. Socks on tile floor made it hard to gain traction, and he grabbed a hold of the counter, coming to a halt less than an inch from knocking into the cake. He stared down at it, holding his breath before he took a small step back and looked over at Victoria, who looked about as startled as he felt.

“That was close,” he pointed out, cocking his head to the side a little when the older flinched, his eyebrows knitting together before he turned his attention back to the cake, which now had a streak of the frosting missing as it was now covering his elbow.

“ZiTao?”

“Y-yes?”

“Why don’t you go out to a nice dinner or movie or something. I think Sulli wanted it to just be us, and I don’t think you want to hang around us if we’re being obnoxiously cheesy.”


She didn’t have to kick me out, ZiTao thought, crossing his arms over his chest as he made his way from the apartment complex, unintentionally giving sharp looks at a few couples that he passed by. If Minseok was busy, and Victoria had plans on top of probably being a little irritated with him at the moment, where was he supposed to go?

Baek hasn’t mentioned anything about spending Valentine’s Day together either.

ZiTao came to a stop, his expression brightening at the voice that echoed through his head, and he turned around, backtracking a couple of streets and making his way to the apartment the two shared. Since neither of us have plans with our boyfriends, that means we can drown our sorrows together! He thought, knocking on the apartment door, bouncing back on his heels. When he was met with a long silence his smile dropped as his bouncing ceased and he knocked again, a little harder. It wasn’t until his fourth time knocking that he heard the clack from the lock sliding out of place and the door was yanked open, revealing a flushed brunet with a necklace of hickies fully in view from the way his shirt was loose enough to hang off of his shoulder.

“We didn’t order a , go the away.” ZiTao’s eyes widened at the bite in the older’s voice. He knew that he and Baekhyun had never really talked about anything that had happened almost a year and a half prior, but he had a glimmer of hope that the other didn’t still hate him for it. That hope was fading the longer the brunet stood in the doorway, glaring at him.

“I-sorry,” ZiTao stammered before Chanyeol was standing behind Baekhyun, a hand on his shoulder as if to keep him from trying anything.

“ZiTao? What… what are you doing here?” he asked, the blond’s shoulders sinking.

“You said that you two didn’t have plans when I was whining about Minseok-Hyung not suggesting us hanging out today, so I thought…” he trailed off when Baekhyun looked up at Chanyeol, arching an eyebrow.

“You told him we didn’t have plans?” he asked, Chanyeol’s hands coming up in surrender.

“All I said was that we hadn’t made any plans, in hopes that it would make him feel more hopeful about not spending today alone,” he said, looking back to ZiTao. “I didn’t mean for you to think that I was free to spend the day with you,” he added, Baekhyun stepping back from the doorway and wrapping his arms around Chanyeol’s waist, trying to pull him back into the apartment, grumbling something that sounded a lot like ‘mine’. Chanyeol offered an apologetic smile, closing the door and leaving the blond alone once again.

 


ZiTao was dragging his feet now as he made his way out of the apartment complex, heart having sunk down into his stomach. He never had bothered to expand his social circle much, and he was starting to regret whatever had lead him to make that decision. Victoria was busy, Yifan rarely had time for him and he was pretty sure that he would be doing some kind of video chat with Yixing today if he had and moments to spare. Chanyeol was being guarded by his all but possessive boyfriend, and while ZiTao was happy that the two seemed to have sorted everything out between them, it only left him with one person to hope to spend the day with. ZiTao seemed far less bothered by the fact that the younger was half than the other was.

“Sehun, play video games with me!” ZiTao whined as he barged in, with the help of the key hidden under the welcome mat to Sehun and LuHan’s apartment. The addressed male turned from the fridge he had been digging around in, eyebrows coming together a little before a frown crossed his lips.

“Hyung? Why are you here?” ZiTao closed the door behind himself, smiling at Sehun.

“I just told you, so we can play video games,” the blond stated, looking to the door on the far wall as it opened. LuHan appeared in the doorway, hair a ruffled mess, and with his missing shirt it looked almost like he had just woken up.

“Sehun, who are you talking to?” LuHan asked before his eyes fell on ZiTao and he looked just as confused as Sehun did. “Uh, ZiTao?”

“LuHan-Ge! You can play too, I’m sure some of the games that Sehun has are three player ones. If not you can play against whoever wins,” ZiTao suggested, making his way to flop on the couch, missing the look that the pair exchanged.

“Hyung, where’s… Minseok-Hyung?” Sehun asked, met with a whined groan.

“I don’t know, probably one of his jobs. With how little he’s ben replying the past couple of days he might have a third one that he’s yet to find the time to tell me about,” the other replied, sounding a lot less pleased than when he had a few moments ago.

“But it’s Valentine’s day, shouldn’t you two be spending it together?” LuHan interjected, wincing a little when ZiTao flopped over onto his side, letting out a pathetic whine.

“I know that, but I’m convinced he wouldn’t know it was my birthday if I shoved my passport in his face,” ZiTao groaned. LuHan watched Sehun make his way over to the couch, sitting on the arm since ZiTao was now sprawled over all of the cushions.

“Well if you weren’t planning on spending it with him, what were you planning to do?” LuHan pressed, ZiTao pushing himself up enough to give a halfhearted shrug before dropping himself back on the couch cushions. 

“I didn’t have any plans until a little bit ago, when I came up with the idea of asking Sehun to play video games. We haven’t gotten to hang out much since he started getting more hours at work,” ZiTao explained, pouting up at Sehun, who seemed un-phased. LuHan looked between the two, shaking his head a little and making his way back to the bedroom door. “Excuse me for a few minutes, you two start your game.”

“LuHan? Is something wrong?”

“Yeah, your needy boyfriend is on my couch, keeping me from spending time with my own boyfriend. You do know what today is, don’t you?” he asked, hearing the older frown.

“Of course I know what today is.”

“Then why is ZiTao at my apartment and not yours? He said something about you two not having plans, what’s that about? I thought you never got tired of him.”

“I-I’m not tired of him, I’m just…” the other’s voice grew distant and LuHan could barely make out a ‘no, bad, don’t do that!’ before Minseok returned his attention to the phone. “Keep him busy for ten, no, fifteen more minutes and then I’ll be there to get him out of your festive hair.” LuHan wasn’t nearly annoyed enough to keep from smiling.

“You’re just mad that I pull of pink better than you.”

 

Sehun was sitting in LuHan’s lap while the younger played against ZiTao, shaking his head and offering a small shrug whenever a controller was offered to him. He had forgiven ZiTao a while ago, it had taken a bit of nudging from Minseok, but he had even if his current response to the blond didn’t make it seem like he had. He was just so ready for Minseok to-

The pink haired male perked up at the knock on the front door, ignore Sehun’s whine that he lost his advantage over ZiTao when LuHan shuffled him out of his lap to answer the door. Once settled back on the couch he tried to gently jab ZiTao in the side to distract him enough to gain the upper hand again, causing ZiTao to look his way and see the copper haired male stepping through the front door.

“Minseok-Hyung? What are you doing here?” ZiTao asked, a small smile crossing the other’s lips.

“It’s Valentine’s Day.”

“Yeah, and?”

“And you weren’t at your and Victoria’s apartment, so I came looking for you.” ZiTao’s lips pursed into a pout and he looked down at the controller in his hands.

“What, do you expect me to just be sitting around, waiting for you to have time for me?” He asked, his tone showing that he was trying to add a little bitterness to his voice and failing.

“You know that’s not what I meant,” Minseok mused, taking the few steps between them and placing a hand on the younger’s cheek, nudging him to look up. “What I mean is I have a surprise for you at my apartment, and I thought you would still be asleep by the time it was done, but it took a lot longer than I expected.” ZiTao’s eyes lit up and a start of a smile crossed his lips before the younger seemed to remember that he was mad at Minseok and the pout looked forced as he turned his head away, grumbling. “Come on, kid,” Minseok continued, pulling the blond from the couch and wrapping an arm around his waist to drag him towards the front door. “I think if you make LuHan wait any longer, he’s not going to care if you’re in the other room while he enjoys the day with Sehun.”

 

ZiTao’s hands d against the door, laughing a little when he could tell that Minseok was having to stretch up to keep his hands over the younger’s eyes. Eventually he finally found the door handle, twisting it and pushing the door open, letting Minseok nudge him through the doorway.

“Can I open my eyes now?” he asked, a smile quirking at the corners of his lips as Minseok’s hands slowly pulled back.

“Yes, you c-” the other cut off and ZiTao opened his eyes, blinking a couple of times so that the scene in front of his would become clear, though it only ended up making him confused. Minseok’s living room looked trashed, to say the least, trays laying upside down on the floor while the fruit ZiTao assumed had once been on them was scattered across the floor. Two of the cushions on the couch had holes in the dark blue fabric, the white stuffing vastly contrasting; another contrast was the pink pillow that was currently being nudged along the floor while a very small white fluff ball growled at it through the teeth that were imbedded in the pillow’s fabric.

“Ah! No!” Minseok exclaimed, hurrying over and picking up the ball of fluff, which made it release the pillow; most likely because it didn’t have the jaw strength to keep holding on. “I knew I shouldn’t have left you out of your kennel,” he grumbled, and ZiTao stepped close enough to realize the fluffy ball was a dog. A very tiny dog who was now flailing in Minseok’s arms, yipping excitedly as it tried to get closer to ZiTao, who looked very surprised when Minseok set it in his arms and it calmed down- mostly. 

“You got a dog?” ZiTao asked, a small squeak escaping him when the dog his cheek.

“I got you a dog,” Minseok corrected, making the younger’s eyes widen.

“Wait, what?”

“I got you a dog,” Minseok repeated. “Isn’t she cute? She’s a lot smaller than I was expecting, but I think that’s alright,” he continued, reaching out to scratch her behind her floppy ears.

“She… I… Yes, she’s cute, but why did you get me a dog?” ZiTao stammered, pulling Minseok’s attention up to his face.

“You’ve mentioned wanting one for a while. I remember one time you said Yifan promised to get you a dog when he started spending more and more time out of the country, but then you two found out that the dorm didn’t allow pets, so he wasn’t able to keep his promise to you,” Minseok explained, watching the dog snuggle her face into ZiTao’s chest.

“But Victoria-Jie is allergic to dogs,” ZiTao pointed out, looking down at the dog as she seemed to be content on falling asleep in his arms.

“What a shame,” Minseok mused, though his tone didn’t show he was remorseful in the slightest. “I guess you’ll just have to move in with me then, huh kid?”