56.

Three Halves to Make Me Whole

(( Hello all~ things have been crazy lately, so that's why the specials haven't been posted yet. Plus I'm still waiting for the prompts for a couple of them. My classes are finally over for this term though uou so now I just have work and finals to worry about next week, and then I'll have a lot more free time to work on things because I'm cutting back to only one job. For a while at least.

Anyway, here you are~ ))

 


“Jongin, why are all of your boxes still in the corner?” The dark male looked up from his mobile, chewing on his lower lip nervously before looking back down, offering a small shrug before his mobile was taken from his hand and set on Kyungsoo’s coffee table.

Ours, Jongin mentally corrected, Kyungsoo’s fingers intertwining with his own as he was pulled to his feet.

“Come on, let’s unpack. The place looks really empty with just my things in it,” he said, Jongin allowing himself to be dragged over to the pile of boxes, following Kyungsoo’s lead in picking up one of the boxes labeled ‘bedroom’ and trailing behind the older through the apartment.

The two set their boxes in the middle of the room, and Kyungsoo sat at his desk while Jongin started digging around in one of the boxes. It was mostly clothing, and he put them on the side of the dresser that Kyungsoo’s things weren’t in already, stuffing as much as he could into only one of the drawers. He looked back at the older, who was working on something from one of his textbooks, and Jongin fidgited a little before pulling out a couple of books, watching Kyungsoo as he padded his way over to the bookcase in the room, tripping over the laundry basket in the process. It pulled Kyungsoo’s attention to him at least, mild concern filtering into his eyes.

“Are you alright?” he asked, and Jongin gave a single stiff nod, keeping a close eye on Kyungsoo’s face as he set his books on the shelf one at a time now that he was standing in front of it.

Kyungsoo eventually turned back to his book, Jongin frowning and looking at the few books now in place. He continued putting things away at the slow pace, constantly looking at Kyungsoo and searching his face for aprovall or disapproval about where he was putting his things. It ended up taking an hour to put away the two small boxes, and Jongin was staring at the bottom of the second empty box, lost in his head enough that he was startled by the hand on his shoulder.

“Jongin, are you sure everything is alright? You've been very quiet.” Jongin let the box be pulled from in front of him and Kyungsoo kneeled in its place.

“I just… Want to make sure that I put things… where it's okay to put them,” he replied, a small smile tugging at the corners of Kyungsoo’s lips.

“Jongin, this is your home too. It’s not like the dorm shared with Chanyeol and Baekhyun, this whole apartment is ours. You can put things wherever you want to put them.” Jongin didn't look up until Kyungsoo placed a hand on each of his cheeks. “Is that why we’ve been here for almost a week and almost everything of yours is still in boxes?” he asked, earning a small nod and chuckling in response. He leaned forward, kissing the younger’s forehead, resting his own against it after. “Come on, let's get more of your things unpacked. The sooner we’re settled, the sooner we can get your babies and Ddalgi and bring them home.”


 

 

 


LuHan sighed, dropping himself beside Sehun on the bed, the younger shifting a little closer to him once he had settled. LuHan looked around the room, frowning a little when he noticed that the two beds were no longer pushed together, and the other bed was on the complete other side of the room, and the room looked a little bare.

“Did you and Jongin get into an argument?” he asked, Sehun looking up from his mobile, shaking his head.

“No, he moved out with Kyungsoo-Hyung.”

“Already?” LuHan asked, Sehun nodding.

"Yeah, once they got accepted at one of the apartment complexes they moved over pretty fast. His last night here was a few days ago," the blond explained.

"I guess I've been a little preoccupied with Minseok, I didn't notice," LuHan said, Sehun shrugging a little.

"It's fine. ZiTao-Hyung hasn't seemed to notice much either."

"You say that like he leaves his room," LuHan frowned as he noticed that Sehun had an open chat line with the male in question, Sehun setting his mobile on his nightstand and rolling onto his side to face LuHan.

"He does leave of his room. We play games a lot," he countered, LuHan sitting up and the younger followed suit.

"Wait, you two have been hanging out?" Sehun nodded, eyebrows knitting together as if he didn't see what the problem was.

“Yeah?” he replied, eyes searching the older’s face as his own remained cautious. “What’s the big deal?”

“You’re really asking me that? He’s the one who cheated, he doesn’t deserve any sympathy!”

“Hey, I’m the one who’s trying to keep the Hyungs away from each other so that nothing like what happened happens again.”

“So you think he’d cheat on Minseok again if given the chance?”

“No! That’s not at all what I was trying to say. He’s upset and I’m trying to keep him from locking himself in his room to wallow in self pitty and regret. He pretty much hates himself right now.”

"After what he's done to Minseok he deserves to. I've told you about what he's been doing because of what that brat did."

"Hey, that 'brat' is my friend."

"Well Minseok is my platonic soulmate!" LuHan shot back. "I don't understand how you could side with him over Minseok and me after all of this!"

"Because I've known him longer than I've known you and I actually care enough to hear him out!"

“Well if you’re such good friends with him, I don’t see why I need to be here,” LuHan bit, standing from the bed and making his way to the bedroom door, shutting it harshly behind himself, and doing the same with the front door. Sehun frowned at the closed door, tempted to stick his tongue out at it in a childish manner, but rolled over onto his side instead, pulling up one of the games on his mobile.


An hour later there was a knock at his door before ZiTao peaked in, padding his way over to the bed.

“I thought that LuHan-Ge was going to come over?”

“He did.”

“And he left already?”

“Yeah,” Sehun sighed, looking over at ZiTao when a silence settled between the two of them. The older’s eyes showed his unspoken question and Sehun grumbled a little before he sat up. “I told him that we had been hanging out, and he got mad because… Minseok-Hyung apparently hasn’t been taking care of himself, and Hyung is stupid and blames you for it since he’s convinced that Minseok-Hyung is only doing this because he’s hurt. But people can be hurt and not do bad things to their bodies, he’s just biased.” This time when Sehun looked over at the blond was looking at his own lap, Sehun’s shoulders drooping. “Hyung, I didn’t mean to make you feel bad by bringing up Minseok-” he cut off when ZiTao shook his head, swallowing hard before looking up at Sehun again.

“It’s not that, I… I know I messed up there… But I think you should talk to LuHan-Ge… Make up as soon as you can because fighting with someone you love, no matter what about… it’s horrible.” Sehun ran his tongue over his lips, shrugging when ZiTao nudged his shoulder.

“I… I’m going to give him a little bit. He didn’t leave in the best mood, I should wait until tomorrow,” he said, doing his best to ignore the pout-like frown that was on the older’s lips. “Come on, let’s play a game,” he segwayed, standing from the bed, and sparing ZiTao enough of a glance to internally cringe at the look he got. “Hey, you’re moving in with Victoria-Noona in a couple of days, the least you could do is play one last night of games with me,” he pointed out, ZiTao sighing.

“One round, then you’re going to talk with him.”

One round turned into two, then three, and when Sehun tried t start a fourth round, ZiTao got up from the couch and unplugged the game console and when Sehun opened his mouth to argue, ZiTao took a hold of each of his wrists and dragged him to the front door, pushing him out.

“Go make up with your boyfriend!” ZiTao demanded, closing and locking the door. Sehun stared at the door for a moment before rolling his eyes.

“You can’t lock me out, I have a key,” he stated, reaching into his pocket, a deep frown setting in. “Hey! Let me in so I can get my keys!”

“Not until you and LuHan-Ge have made up.”

Sehun grumbled to himself, giving to door a small kick before he turned away from it and made his way, slowly, to LuHan’s apartment. What was he supposed to say, other than what he had that got them into this spat in the first place? LuHan couldn’t care less about how ZiTao felt after all that had happened, and that made sense. He and LuHan had watched Minseok fall for the Chinese boy, seen each courting attempt, and probably noticed less than half of the stolen glances; not to mention the two were bonded. Even if it makes sense, he doesn’t have to be so cold hearted to ZiTao-Hyung, Sehun thought with a little bite before he sighed, shoulders drooping. It’s not like him to act that way towards anyone. Maybe that’s why I felt the need to get defensive towards ZiTao.

Each step that he climbed he took slower than the last, though he knew all it was doing was delaying what he needed to do. He was the one to tell ZiTao to talk to Minseok, so the fact that the older was pushing him to do the same made sense. It didn’t help with the lead he felt in his arm as he raised his hand to knock on the door. He was surprised when the door was quicker to open than he had been to knock, and he opened his mouth before LuHan had the chance to ask him why he was there.

“Sorry about earlier. He just… he really needs someone who doesn’t hate him for what he’s done right now, and that’s either Chanyeol or me. Yifan-Hyung left and threatened to change his phone number the last time that ZiTao-Hyung called him, so he has no one else right now,” Sehun said in a rush, biting his lips together to keep anything else follow, and the two stared at each other for a long moment before LuHan sighed, running a hand through his hair.

 

“I just… I don’t know how to help Minseok… I’ve been so focused on how he was feeling, I guess I didn’t think that ZiTao actually cared about what he had done.”
 

“Do you… forgive me?” Sehun asked hesitantly, holding his breath a little when the older looked to him, though his shoulders relaxed when a sympathetic smile crossed LuHan’s lips.

“You haven’t really done anything that you need to be forgiven for, but yeah. Come here,” he added, pulling the blond against his chest.


 


“Where’s my shirt?” Junmyeon looked up from his laptop, watching Yixing start digging through the load in the dryer.

“That’s a vague question, Yixing, which shirt are you looking for?”

“My soft white one,” came the muffled reply as Yixing was climbing halfway into the dryer, and Junmyeon closed his laptop, setting it on the coffee table and moving out of Jongdae’s snuggle-hold. “The one with the sheep on the tummy of it, I haven’t been able to find it for a while. I even went through my closet.”

“Did you throw it out?” Jongdae asked, almost amused at the look of horror that flickered through the older’s eyes when he pulled himself back out of the dryer to look at him.

“I wouldn’t do that, it’s my favorite shirt!” Yixing exclaimed as Junmyeon made his way into the bedroom, pausing as he took in the disaster state that it was in. Well, it was pretty obvious that Yixing had been searching for the shirt all morning, and that was why he hadn’t come out of their room. He up a few white shirts, shaking his head a little to himself when most of his own shirts had been pulled out of the closet and he paused as he started to put one back on a hanger, eyes falling on Yixing’s suitcase sitting in the closet. He pulled it out, balancing it on one of the beds, despite the pile of clothing the he had to balance it on, ping it and flipping the lid open. The first shirt he could see had the familiar blushing sheep, and he made his way to the open doorway.

“Yixing, it’s in your suitcase. You know, the one you never unpacked?” Junmyeon called, Yixing scrambling to his feet and bolting into the room, Junmyeon surprised that the other hadn’t tripped over any of the piles of clothing. Yixing picked up the shirt, hugging it to his chest before sitting on the bed beside his suitcase, shoulders slumping. “Come to think of it, it looks like most of the things you’ve been trying to find around the house are in here,” Junmyeon continued. “Why haven’t you… unpacked?” he asked, Yixing curling into himself a little.


“I just… I don’t know what to do anymore,” Yixing said, his defeated tone making Jongdae cringe a little.

Jongdae had been with Junmyeon for most of watching the other wilt away through this, but that didn’t make it hurt any less. He could only imagine how badly Junmyeon felt, let alone Yixing; he himself only felt part of the ache from Junmyeon, knowing it wasn’t the full force that the Chinese boy did. He was sure that was why Jongin was so clingy to Chanyeol after what happened with Baekhyun; he could feel it through Kyungsoo, and even if the younger probably didn’t understand all of this as in-depth as Jongdae did, surely he was able to realize that it wasn’t even half of what Chanyeol felt. He took in a slow breath, searching for something to try and ease what the older was feeling, jumping a little when he was cut off.

“You’re going to China.” The two turned their attention to Junmyeon, Yixing seeming as startled as Jongdae felt, silence settling over the room.

“W-what?”

“You’re going to China, and you’re bringing him back, even if you have to drag him on that plane,” Junmyeon stated, Yixing’s mouth hanging open for a few long moments before he was stuttering over trying to respond. “You love him, right? Even after all of this, you still love him?”

“Yes, but-”

“No but’s about it. He’s your soulmate and you’re going to get him.

“But I have class-”

“And I don’t care!” Junmyeon argued, Yixing flinching at the raised tone that Jongdae hadn’t heard since back when he had backed Yifan up against some lockers, trying to get him to stay away from Yixing. Yixing looked down at his lap, fiddling with his fingers before Meng crawled into his lap, mewing at him and his cheek.

“I… Why should I?”

“I just told you, because you love him, and he’s being too stupid to realize that long distance relationships are a thing if he really has to stay in China. I can’t believe I’m saying this, but if all else fails you need to move there to be with him,” Junmyeon stated, Yixing shaking his head.

“I couldn’t leave you like that. And he… he doesn’t want me.”

“But you’re wrong.” The two blonds stopped, turning their attention to Jongdae, Junmyeon only half sure he had understood what the younger had said, though Yixing seemed to relax ever so faintly at the familiar language.

“When… when did you learn Mandarin?”

“I’ve been taking it for over a year, how did you not notice Junnie?” Jongdae asked, perking up a little when he noticed the soft smile playing over Yixing’s lips. Junmyeon turned his surprised expression back to Yixing, the tension easing from his frame when he saw the other smiling as well.

“So, are you going to get on that plane on your own, or do I have to push you through airport security myself?”