53.

Three Halves to Make Me Whole

(( Hello~ So we made the fan event a lot complicated on accident. Mostly because we thought we would get more than 6 people interested and we were going to do a random selection but were worried about it ending up with like, 4 for SuChen, 1 for KaiSoo and like, a Fanxing request or something like that, which is why we were having people list their top 3 pairings from this story.

 

So, we're simplifying it a bit and extending the deadline to next week. Click here to be taken to the spreadsheet and just put your username(aff, tumblr, or even email if prefered) and your top 3 pairings ^^ and we shall contact you to see what kind of plot request you would like

 

(like if it's a romantic pair what kind of date or situation you want them to be thrown into, or what you want the platonic pair to do, that kind of stuff. )

 

I hope it made more sense that time ^^; sorry for the confusion! ))

 


 

"Baekhyun?" Chanyeol tensed when he heard the other's name, his hand stilling from where it had been tuning the dial on his locker and he peeked over at the two that were leaned up against the lockers at the end of the row his was in. "Wasn't he dating that Taeyeon chick?"

"Yeah, but they broke up again. They dated back in high school so I guess they were checking to see if they would work better now that it's been a few years. But anyway, I heard from a buddy of mine that he was a nice piece of , so I got his number and we hooked up."

"Let me guess, your buddy lied."

"No, no, he was worth a quick , but get this. After, he cuddled up against me saying he wanted to listen to my heart beat."

"What a loser," the other laughed.

"Right? The freak got all teary eyed when I told him no." The words barely slipped out of the brown haired males mouth before he staggered back, and Chanyeol’s wrist stung a little and it stayed clenched after punching him.

"What the man?" the other demanded, Chanyeol remaining silent as he shot a dark look at him. His attention shifted to the guy he punched when he heard a weak laugh.

"Oh I get it, you're a friend of the little 's aren't you?" he asked and Chanyeol went to take another swing at him, the other male catching his arm and delivering a punch to Chanyeol instead, knocking the dark haired male onto the ground. Chanyeol tried to scramble back into his feet, but the kick to the side of his stomach had other plans, and he wrapped an arm around his waist, thankful when he heard someone call out from down the hall and the blows stopped.

"He started it! Just came up and punched me for no good reason!"

"Is that true, Mr.Park?" Chanyeol looked up at the Dean of the school from under his bangs, wiping at his busted lip without a word. "All three of you are coming to my office," she added and Chanyeol stood carefully, turning the look to the guy who had hit him when he got his shoulder nudged, following after the Dean and the other two. The two were taken into the office first while he was instructed to sit outside the office, his attention solely on his lap as he ignored anyone who passed by of tried to catch his attention until there was a hand on his chin, pulling his head up. He was released when he pulled his head back, the brunet in front of him clicking his tongue as he checked over the other.

“What happened to you, you look like you were on the losing end of a fight,” Jongdae stated.

"These two guys... got up in my face and started being mean..." The dark haired male mumbled, looking back down at his lap, hearing the brunet scoff.

"You're about as good of a liar as Baekhyun. What really happened?" Jongdae said, crossing his arm over his chest, leaning against the wall to his side, watching the other hang his head a little.

"They... They were talking about Baekhyun... Calling him nasty things, acting like he was good for nothing more than ... Next thing I knew I had punched one of them,” Chanyeol admitted, casting his gaze in the opposite direction of the other. “You’re probably going to say I’m an idiot… Sticking up for Baek after…” he swallowed hard, shutting his tightly, fingers clenching into firsts in his lap. “I couldn’t stand there and let them talk like that about him, I still…”

“You still love him.” Chanyeol swallowed hard before he gave a single nod.

“You gonna call me an idiot? Kyungsoo has a couple of times,” Chanyeol asked, looking up to see the other shake his head.

“This just shows that you truly love that moron. I don’t know if he deserves it, but then again you can’t help who you love,” Jongdae said, his own gaze shifting to the ground. Chanyeol flinched a little when the brunet turned around suddenly, staring at his back as he disappeared down the hall without a goodbye. He didn’t even have time to frown at the sudden departure though, as the door to his side opened and the two he had gotten into the fight with exited the dean’s office, shooting him a dirty look before making their way down the hall as well, and Chanyeol stood and stepped into the office as the Dean instructed.

 

“Hey there, Baekhyun said I could drop by,” Jongdae greeted Baekbeom with as friendly of a smile as he could muster, the other’s eyebrows knitting together.

“My brother’s at work for another couple of hours,” he replied and Jongdae nodded.

“Yeah but he said I could borrow one of his textbooks. I spaced on it and ordered my book for this class we have together late so it won’t be here until next week but we have an assignment due tomorrow. Can I please go grab it? It’ll only take a second,” he pleaded and Baekbeom shrugged, stepping back and allowing the other to step in.

“It might take longer than that, his room’s a disaster. I think Chanyeol was the one of the two who actually cleaned their room,” he said, pointing down the hall to Jongdae’s right. “It’s the door on the left,” he added, before settling down on the couch. Jongdae slid out of his shoes before padding down the hall, closing the door behind himself, cringing a little at the state of the room. Piles of clothes here and there, a desk that had so many things covering it that it was almost hard to tell that there was actually a desk underneath all of it.

Jongdae stepped carefully around things to avoid disturbing anything of Baekhyun’s. Taking a textbook probably wouldn’t offer the most immediate response from the other, and he let out an irritated sigh as he looked around the room, trying to figure out what it was he could take that the other would actually care about losing. He started digging through Baekhyun’s dresser drawers, shutting one a little rougher than necessary and he shook his head, going to another. Next he dug through the small closet in the room, and when that offered nothing he dropped himself on the bed, a little surprised when he felt something under the comforter. He stood again, grabbing the top end of the blanket and pulling it down, frowning a little; under the blanket there was a large body pillow that had a blanket looped around it. Jongdae laid down beside the body pillow, feeling his heart drop when he realized that the blanket wrapped around the body pillow was in just the right spot that he could wrap the bunched up ends of the blanket around his waist like someone wrapping their arms around it.

And he and Baekhyun were the same height.

“Baekhyun, you’re stupider than I thought,” Jongdae muttered, sitting back up and shaking his head, a glint by the other’s pillow catching his eye. He lifted the pillow enough to pick up the bracelet that had been hidden underneath it, turning it to read the engraving of ‘fearless’ and he stifled a sigh, getting up from the bed and sliding the blanket back into place. He dug around on Baekhyun’s desk until he found a notebook and pen, flipping to a blank page and scribbling a message onto it, setting it on Baekhyun’s dresser.

 


“Your friend stopped by for that textbook you offered him.” Baekhyun frowned at the greeting, his eyebrows knitting together.

“What are you talking about? What friend?”

“Brunet, you height, Jong-something or other. He said you two have a class together but he didn’t have the book for the homework and that you said he could come by and borrow it,” Baekbeom said, and the younger stared at him for a moment before he finished stepping out of his shoes, taking long strides into his room. At first glance nothing looked out of place- well, everything looked out of place, but he was going to get to cleaning his room on the next day he felt like it. He was about to start digging around to see if Jongdae had actually taken a textbook when he noticed the note on his dresser, picking up; his grip tightened before he dropped it, turning to his bed and yanking his pillow up, his heart thundering when his bracelet was no longer there.

Come to my apartment tomorrow and prove you’re as fearless as Chanyeol once thought.

 

“It’s not nice to take people’s things,” Baekhyun said once the door opened, and Jongdae crossed his arms over his chest, cocking an eyebrow.

 

“You changed the locks on your old dorm door so that Chanyeol couldn’t get inside, and you’re the one giving me a lecture about not being nice?” He replied, Baekhyun pushing his way inside of the apartment, looking around.

 

“After what he did with what’s-his-face he deserved to be locked out.”

 

“Baekhyun, you two aren’t together anymore! What he does is none of your business, and you need to get that through your head,” Jongdae argued. “But I guess when you don’t understand your feelings, you tend to do some pretty stupid . Especially when you still want to be with someone.” Jongdae watched the other’s back, knowing he was on the right track when he saw Baekhyun tense.

 

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

 

“Of course you don’t, so listen up and you might learn a couple of things,” Jongdae started, Baekhyun turning a bitter look to him. “Something happened, something started going on between the two of you, probably before you and I even met. It started out small so you ignored it. But the more you did that the harder it got until it became something you couldn’t swallow back and rather than talking to Chanyeol or I about it, even though that’s what we’re here for, you let it tear at your insides until you couldn’t take it anymore and you let yourself blow up about it and burn all of your bridges,” Jongdae said, Baekhyun gritting his teeth.

 

“You have no idea what you’re talking about. And even if you did, this isn’t any of your business-”

 

“Just like what Chanyeol does as a single man is none of yours, and yet you feel sick at the thought of him being near anyone that isn’t you. I saw the way you’ve been simulating being held while you sleep. So why don’t you tell me what happened.” Baekhyun glared at him for a long minuted, his shoulders coming up little by little as if he subconsciously craved some kind of defense from Jongdae, who arched an eyebrow and Baekhyun’s shoulders dropped as he sighed heavily.

“I… stopped being my own person, and not by choice.”

 

“Chanyeol doesn’t seem like the kind to take your identity from you,” Jongdae frowned, Baekhyun hanging his head.

 

“It wasn’t him- well, it wasn’t just him. After we started dating it was always ‘where’s Chanyeol?’ or ‘do you and Chanyeol want to go do this or that?’. I was never able to go hang out with friends without either him tagging along or being interrogated as to why he wasn’t attached to my hip, and it drove me insane! I’m my own person, and no one acted like they wanted to spend time with just me, and I forgot who I was without Chanyeol…” Baekhyun said in a tired tone, keeping his gaze away from the other. “I just… felt like I was being suffocated even with him and I getting jobs. Then he accused me of cheating on him and I snapped, because with how much everyone was all ‘Baekhyun and Chanyeol’ I doubt I could have cheated on him if I wanted to... and after what I said I don’t think he would take me back.” The brunet barely got the words out of his mouth before there was a sharp pain in the side of his head, his hand coming up to cover the spot that Jongdae had hit, tears pricking his eyes as he finally looked up at him. He opened his mouth to ask why the other had hit him, flinching back at Jongdae’s voice rose.

 

“So your solution is to go around and sleep with a bunch of dickbags who turn around and talk about you so that Chanyeol gets suspended for punching them!” Jongdae snapped, Baekhyun’s eyes widening.

 

“I… H-he what?”

 

“Chanyeol overheard one of your bed buddies talking about you, and apparently he didn’t have nice things to say, so Chanyeol punched him in the face. And with how ing stupid you are the only thing he got out of it was a month long suspension, a busted lip and maybe even some bruises because the guy he hit had a friend who knocked him down before they both started beating on Chanyeol,” Jongdae explained, pushing at Baekhyun’s shoulder when he tried to look down again.

 

“Why… why would he…”

 

“I should hit you again, maybe then something would finally click,” The brunet threatened, making Baekhyun flinch. “Because he didn’t stop loving you, and I doubt that he ever will. He made a mistake, and trust me he hates himself for it, and he and ZiTao are both paying for what they did, so you don’t need to keep fighting for justice that you think you’re entitled to. What you need to do is get off your damn high horse and admit to him that you’re just as in love with him as he is in with you, before enough time passes between you two that you both die alone,” he stated, taking Baekhyun’s hand and pulling it down from his head, shoving the bracelet he had taken in it before he stepped past the other, making his way into his room and shutting the door harshly behind himself.

 

Jongdae took a slow breath, running a hand through his hair before rubbing his face and grumbling, hearing the front door open and shut. He knew that he had been harsh with Baekhyun, but sugar coating things had helped nothing in this whole situation, and he hoped that he handled it the best that he could. When his mobile buzzed he pulled it out, half expecting it to be a text from Baekhyun only for Junmyeon’s name to appear on the screen instead.

 

From Junnie> I heard yelling, is everything alright?

 

He laughed once, shaking his head before replying.

 

To Junnie> Baek finally told me what's been going on with him, and I lost my temper a little.

 

From Junnie> You okay?

 

To Junnie> I'll be fine. How’s Yixing-Hyung?

 

From Junnie> He’s still having the nightmares, but he acts fine during the day and he's able to go to work and class, so your guess is as good as mine. Like you said before, we have to wait and see with all of this.