3. It Felt Like A Dream as You Looked at Me With that Smile

Three Halves to Make Me Whole

((A/N~ Hello again~ I return with super great news~ AngelBae/Trinity and I finished the entire plotting of this story! :3 Well, other than the last 3 or so chapters that'll bring everything to conclusion, but that's so many chapters away it'll be a few months before we even need to think about most of those things. 

More good news is that I cranked out 5 chapters in the matter of 3 days last week, and now my school term is over so I'm mostly free to write and write for the next two weeks since I'll probably be spending most of my vacation just sitting on the beach by myself xD Which means I can 99% assure you all that once I get back from vacation this will switch to weekly updates ^^

Also, here is the releaded playlist! It's very short currently, but will update when the fic updates since we're going to release the songs as they correspond with the chapters. Partially for avoiding spoilers, partially so the playlist is in order

I think that's all the updates I have :3c I hope you're enjoying the fluffy slow beginning, things start to pick up in a few chapters. We just need to get the basics introduced first ^^~ Have more KaiSoo ))

 


 

Chapter Three:
It Feels Like A Dream as You Look at Me With that Smile

 

Kyungsoo started his next day of work stocking the shelves with the items that came in that morning before the shop had opened for the day, Taekwoon joining him after filling the till in the cash register. It was nice during this time of the day since the shop was usually empty and they worked in a comfortable silence- until Kyungsoo remembered the day before with Jongin. He still hadn’t received a reply from the text he had sent the other after he got off of work, but figured as long as they got touched bases before the afternoon of the next day that things would be fine. He vaguely wondered if Jongin had given him the wrong number when he had signed up for the club card, but shrugged it off. He finished stocking the treat shelf, turning around to look at the red head who had been bringing in the bags of food.

“Taekwoon-Hyung, you were right.” He said, the elder turning to him as he broke the silence. When he said nothing, Kyungsoo continued. “About the customer who always comes in, and how you said he had a crush on me. You were right.”

“How’d you figure that out?” Taekwoon asked, his head quirking to the side a little. With how shy the dark haired male acted, a confession seemed highly unlikely.

“I asked him on a date.” Taekwoon’s eyebrows knitted together.

“But… you hate people. More specifically spending extended periods with them.” Kyungsoo gave a nod in agreement. “You do remember what dating entails, right?” The dark haired male paused for a moment, staring back at the other.

“.”

~

Meanwhile, the dark haired male of discussion sneezed, stopping his pacing in the process.

“I don’t see why you’re freaking out so much. It’s just a text.” Sehun said. “If you want to be able to go on a date with him, then you’re going to have to reply.” He added, looking to Jongin’s phone on the night stand. “Here, I can do it.” He said, snatching the other’s phone when Jongin went to grab it.

“No!” Jongin exclaimed, trying to retrieve the device from the blond who was holding it at arm’s length from him. “You’ll make me sound like a weirdo.”

“You are a weirdo, you go to his work every day!” Sehun laughed, letting Jongin have his phone. The other huffed, a frown tugging his lips down into a small pout. “But from the looks of it, he’s into weird things.” Sehun added, grinning when Jongin nudged his shoulder.

“Don’t be gross.” He mumbled, unlocking his phone and pulling up the text from Kyungsoo, adding him to his contacts before fumbling for five minutes to reply.
 

Kyungsoo: This is Kyungsoo from the pet store. Is this Jongin?

Me: Yes n_n
 

He hit send and Sehun burst out into a fit of laughter.

“Really Hyung? Almost a whole day later and that’s all you send him?”

“I’m going to keep this in mind for the day you find someone. Just remember that.”

~

Kyungsoo was pulled from his thoughts when his phone buzzed on the shelf under the check stand and he picked it up.  Seeing the caller ID, he then looked around the storefront to see there were still no customers before he replied.
 

Kyungsoo: Good. Are we still on for tomorrow?
Jongin: Yeah~ What time and where should we meet? owo

Kyungsoo: Depends. Know of any private places?

 

The phone fell from Jongin’s hands as his cheeks began to burn, and Sehun fell over laughing.

“He doesn’t waste any time, huh hyung?” He got out between gasping for air, gripping his sides. Jongin tried to shoot him a glare, but it was far from threatening with how flustered he was at the moment. He picked up his phone from the floor, doing his best to ignore the snickering from the blond beside him.
 

Jongin: Like a quiet café? :0c

Kyungsoo: I was thinking more like one of our houses.
 

Jongin’s fingers shook  little as he started to reply, jumping when he received another text.
 

Kyungsoo: Mine is a bit of a mess, but if that doesn’t bother you then you’re free to come over here.
 

Sehun nudged Jongin’s shoulder with his own.

“C’mon Hyung, Don’t keep him waiting~” Jongin nudged the other’ shoulder back.
 

Jongin: I don’t mind nwn When should I plan to get there?
Kyungsoo: How about noon?
Jongin: Perfect owo

 

Kyungsoo replied with his address, saying he needed to go deal with a customer and Jongin told him he would see him the next day. He set his phone back on the night stand, falling silent for a moment before he turned his wide eyes stare  to Sehun

“Oh god, this is really happening.” He said before he stood, looking around before he moved to his closet, yanking shirt after shirt rom inside. “What do I do with my hair, what do I wear, do I…” He paused, spinning around to face the blond. “Do I buy him flowers?” He exclaimed and Sehun had to bite down on his lower lip to keep back a giggle.

“Sure…” He said slowly before Jongin turned back to wrecking his clean room.

It was close to two AM by the time Jongin had put together his outfit, Sehun having fallen asleep close to an hour before. Jongin finished organizing the things he would need for getting ready in the morning as well before he made his way to his bed, flopping onto it beside Sehun. The blond threw half of the blanket he was using over the dark haired male before he rolled onto his side and went back to sleep. Jongin on the other hand laid there trying to fall asleep, noticing he could see it was starting to get light outside his window before he finally drifted off.

 

He didn’t hear his alarm, instead being awoken by a pillow to the face.

“Hyung, turn it off.” Came Sehun’s whine and Jongin sat up fast enough to make his head spin. He rubbed his eyes with one hand, reaching for his phone with the other to silence the alarm. He stared down at his phone for a few moments before he scrambled to get off of the bed; Sehun was surprised he didn’t fall onto the floor in the process. He hurried from the room and into the bathroom, almost tripping over Monggu, shutting the door a little harder than he had intended. A quick shower later he was back in his room, stumbling over a pile of rejected clothing and catching himself on his desk. Once dressed he ran back into the bathroom to mess with his hair. He was still trying to make it perfect when Sehun showed up in the mirror’s reflection.

“You do realize it’s almost 11:30, right?” He asked and the color drained from Jongin’s face. He bolted from the bathroom and into his room, grabbing his phone and wallet before he ran past Sehun again.

“You dropped your pocket~” Sehun chimed and Jongin stopped, looking behind himself before he paused and looked at Sehun.

“You .” He said, stepping into his shoes.

~

12:15 and he had managed to only get lost once between the floral shop and Kyungsoo’s house. He stood on the doorstep, trying to catch his breath as he rang the doorbell. He had only a few moments to fidget before he door opened, and as if on instinct he held the flowers out- extending them right into an unsuspecting Kyungsoo’s face on accident. He stayed still for a moment, eyes wide as Kyungsoo took a small step back, looking about as startled as Jongin felt. He opened his mouth and Jongin flinched when he sneezed and he pulled the flowers back as Kyungsoo sneezed again.

“Oh god, a-are you allergic?” Jongin stammered and Kyungsoo gave a small nod.

“Just a little, it’s fine.” He replied before sneezing hard enough that he grabbed onto the door frame to keep himself from falling over. He looked to Jongin giving his a small wave on his hand to gesture the other come inside. “It’s fine.” He repeated. “I have allergy pills, come in.” He added, stepping back and Jongin tenitivly stepped inside, Kyungsoo closing the door behind him. “Make yourself comfortable. I’ll be right back.” He said, sneezing again before disappearing down one of the two outlets of the room they were in.

Jongin looked around, slipping out of his shoes before moving to sit on the couch, setting the flowers on the coffee table. His gaze moved around the room, seeing a fridge in the line of sight from the outlet of the room that Kyungsoo hadn’t gone though, assuming it to be the kitchen. He looked back to the hallway Kyungsoo had gone down when all of a sudden something cold touched the side of his neck and he flinched away from it, looking to the side. He was greeted with a pair of big eyes set in a flat face, staring at him.

“Hello…” He said, the dark gray triangular ears on the creature’s head giving a slight twitch. “My name is Kim Jongin.”

“You’re… Introducing yourself…” He jumped again at Kyungsoo’s voice, looking to the other. “To my cat.” He finished with a sniffle. Jongin gave a small nod and an amused look entered Kyungsoo’s eyes. “Her name’s Ddalgi, by the way.” He added, picking the flowers up from the coffee table before walking towards the kitchen. “I’ll make us something to eat.” Jongin watched him as he disappeared feeling something soft touch his cheek and he looked out of the corner of his eye to see Ddalgi with her paw on his cheek.

“Hello Ddalgi.” He said and a soft rumbling started from the gray and white creature before she pulled her paw back and nuzzled his neck, the rumbling getting louder. He fumbled with getting his phone out of his pocket, pulling up his text line with Sehun.
 

Jongin: Help, there’s a strange creature in this house.
Jongin: It’s making a rumbling noise and rubbing against me.
Sehun: I think that’s what most people call a cat.
Jongin: I think it wants to kill me.

 

Sehun replied, but Jongin didn’t get the chance to see what he had sent as Kyungsoo came back into the room with a small tray, placing it on the coffee table.

“I figured we could munch on these and watch a movie.” Kyungsoo stated and Jongin looked down at the tray that had sliced apples, grapes and chips with a bowl of what looked and smelt like nacho cheese beside it. “That sound good to you?” He asked and Jongin looked back up at him, nodding.

“What movie were you thinking we should watch?” Jongin asked, and Kyungsoo turned from him, pulling a DVD off a book case that was beside the television, looking over his shoulder at the other as he held it up.

“A friend told me it was good.” He stated and Jongin gave a nod of approval, jumping a little when he felt something rough run over his cheek and he looked to Dalgi who was still nuzzled close to him. Kyungsoo let out a small laugh. “She only people she likes.” He said, kneeling down to put the DVD into the player. He stood, making his way to the couch, sitting almost close enough to Jongin that they were touching. Jongin looked down, swallowing hard as he realized that if he moved his leg just a little to the right it would bump the other’s. Leaning forward, Kyungsoo picked up a remote from the table, turning on the television, then changing the input to the DVD player and selecting play once the title screen came on.
 

They sat in silence as the premises of the movie was set. Apparently it was an action film where the main character had a bounty on his head and he was trying to clear his name because the bounty was the result of some misunderstanding… Or something like that. Jongin found himself having a hard time keeping his eyes open, and when he thought he had just blinked he would open his eyes to completely different scenery on the screen.

 

He finally opened his eyes, not remembering how long they had been closed, slowly blinking and taking in his tilted surroundings. Wait… why was the television, the whole room even, tilted? He closed his eyes again, pressing into the warmth his cheeks was against for a moment before they shot back open and he looked to his right, He was leaning with his head against Kyungsoo’s shoulder, the other’s attention still on the television. He jerked up right, unaware that Ddalgi had been laying in the crook of his neck and shoulder until he heard a low growl, accompanied by several sharp pains in his shoulder for a moment, his cheek soon stinging and he cringed as his shoulder was released.

Kyungsoo’s attention was on him the moment he sat up, and his eyes were wide as Jongin reached up to touch his cheek, flinching. Jongin tensed when he felt a hand on his other cheek and another hand touching his chin gingerly as Kyungsoo turned his head to examine Ddalgi’s scratch.

“I can’t believe she scratched you, are you okay? I’ so sorry.” He said and Jongin swallowed hard again. “Here, come with me.” Kyungsoo said, releasing Jongin’s face and grabbing one of his hands pulling the still slightly dazed male from the couch and down the hall. Two doors down Kyungsoo stopped, pulling him inside the third door and turning on the light to reveal the bathroom. “Sit.” He said, pointing to the closed lit of the toilet, and he dug around in one of the drawers for a few moments. Jongin took a seat and Kyungsoo came over to him soon, sitting on the edge of the bathtub and turning Jongin’s head again to look at the scratch.

“This is going to sting a bit.” He said, opening a square packet and pulling out a single use alcohol pad, touching it lightly to Jongin’s cheek. The other flinched and Kyungsoo was slow to dab at the scratch again, but the torture was over soon enough and Kyungsoo was then putting ointment over the scratch.

“I… Fell asleep, didn’t I?” Jongin asked and the corners of Kyungsoo’s mouth quirked up before he nodded. “For how long?”

“About four hours.” Kyungsoo replied nonchalantly and Jongin’s eyes widened.

“Why-why didn’t you wake me up?” He asked and Kyungsoo put a band aid on his cheek.

“Because,” He started, pulling his hands back now that Jongin was all patched up. “I thought it was cute.” He said and Jongin felt his cheeks begin to burn. Come on, I’ll walk you home.” Kyungsoo said, offering his hand to help the other up.

~

Kyungsoo put the snack tray away in the kitchen and turned off the television, meeting Jongin in the door way to slip on his shoes, He opened the door for Jongin , who still seemed embarrassed about falling asleep as he stepped outside and Kyungsoo followed, closing and locking the door behind himself. Silence fell over them as they walked, and Jongin was pretty sure it was bothering him more than it was bothering Kyungsoo. Eventually, he managed to speak up

“Your movie…” He started and Kyungsoo looked to him. “How was it? Was it as good as your friend said it would be?” Kyungsoo offered a small smile then looked forward again.

“Not really. It was a lot more cliché than I liked, so you didn’t really miss out on much.” He relied. They fell into silence the last ten minutes of the walk and as they made their way up the walk way Jongin’s front door opened, and Sehun leaned against the door frame.

“Back so soon?”

Kyungsoo gave a slight bow of his head. “I’m Do Kyungsoo.” He greeted, raising his head to meet the blond’s almost cautious expression.

“Oh Sehun.” He replied and Kyungsoo looked to Jongin.

“I had a nice time. You should come over again.” He said offering a small smile before turning and leaving the pair on the doorstep. Jongin’s gaze followed him as he disappeared and he snapped out of his daze when Sehun spoke.

“So if you’re dating him, does that mean you’re a Satanist now?” He asked and Jongin turned his confused look to him.

“What?”

“Your boyfriend. He’s evil.”

“He… He’s not evil, has precious.”

“No, I’m pretty sure he’s Satan.” Sehun stated. “Did the flowers you got him die when he took them?”

“No… He started sneezing.”

“I think that’s proof enough that he’s Satan, so you’re a Satanist.”

“I don’t worship Satan.”

“I’m sure you worship something of his.” Sehun mused and Jongin gave him a small shove into the house.

“Don’t be gross.”

 


 

((A/N I'm not sure when I decided that Jongin saying 'don't be gross' was going to be a thing, but it is xD

Also, I love Ddalgi so much, you have no idea. This is the cat her appearance was moddled after: Link and her personality is partially based off my friend's cat who legitly put her paw on my face and started to purr the first time I met her. 

There's about a month time skip between the end of this and the start of the next chapter, since the school year starts again. When this school year starts, LuHan, Minseok and Yifan are 3rd years, Junmyeon and Yixing are 2nd years, and Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Kyungsoo and Jongdae are all 1st years in college, while Sehun and Jongin are seniors in high school.

See you in two weeks~ ))