2. I Can't Wait to See You Again

Three Halves to Make Me Whole

(( A/N Holy beejebuz there are a lot more of you than I thought there was going to be. That's really great and exciting! I actually almost updated this last week because of it but I don't have enough chapters in reserve to be able to do that sadly. Yet. Hopefully vacation at the end of the month will give me enough time to write a ton and then I might be able to switch to weekly updates~

I hope you all enjoyed the BaekYeol~ And hopefully Trinity will let me release the playlist soon. Anyway, here's the next chapter~))


2. I Can't Wait to See You Again

 

Jongin looked up at the blue sky as he made his way to the pet store, Jjangah keeping in toe with him. A particularly fluffy cloud has a smile crossing his lips and he looked down at her.

“I’ve been thinking, Jjangah. Isn’t it about time we think about getting you a boyfriend?” He asked, opening the door to the pet shop, slowly becoming familiar with the particular tone of the bell that hunk from the handle of the door. This shop was a bit further than the one he used to go to, but the items were of better quality for about the same price- some were even a little cheaper which had made his mother suspicious originally. He wandered down the aisles, picking up a bag of food and a package of treats looking it over.

“Think Monggu and Jjangu will like these?” He asked, smiling when Jjangah’s tail wagged. He led her to the check stand, setting his items on the counter. Glancing around he noticed that the quiet owner was nowhere to be seen. In fact, if Jongin didn’t know better he would have thought that the store was closed from how empty it was. He heard soft foot steps behind himself and he turned back to the counter, his heart skipping a beat. Rather than a tall red-haired male with a stare that could turn someone to stone, a short, brown-haired male with full lips now stood on the other side of the counter. He looked up at Jongin, and then turned his gaze to the items on the counter, picking up the food bag and scanning it, doing the same with the package of treats. He saw the other’s lips move and it snapped him out of staring enough to stammer a response.

“W-what?” and those eyes were looking up at him again.

“Do you have a club card?” He asked, Jongin assuming that he was repeating the question he had missed while staring at him. He shook his head, not entirely trusting himself to be able to form a reply.

“Would you like one?” Jongin nodded, hoping it would get the other to talk to him longer. The clerk nodded, moving his attention to the computer. “What’s your name?"

“Beautiful.” Jongin heard himself say and the other paused in typing on the keyboard, looking back to him.

“What was that?” Jongin felt himself tense and his eyes darting around for some way to get out of this without completely embarrassing himself.

“Uh…” He picked up one of the brushes that were on display at the counter, holding it out to the employee. “This… It’ll make my dear Jjangah’s c-coat beautiful!” He stammered. The other stared at him for a moment before taking the brush and scanning it. Jongin took in a deep breath, feeling his cheeks tint pink.

“I still need your name to sign you up for our club card.” The clerk said, putting the three items in a bag.

“K-Kim Jongin.” The dark haired male managed, telling himself that he was sure he wouldn’t stutter if he didn’t look right at the cute clerk, but found himself unable to pull his gaze away again. The clerk asked him several other questions- what he usually shopped for, his address, his mobile number, what pets he had- and finally scanned a card and offered it to Jongin who stiffly took it.

“Thank you for shopping with us.” The clerk said, pushing the bag towards Jongin. He took the bag slowly, offering a sheepish smile before he hurried out of the store and home, Jjangah somehow managing to keep up.

 

Kicking off his shoes he knelt down, unhooking the leash from Jjangah’s collar and hung it up before hurrying into his room. He flopped back on his bed, taking a deep breath as he closed his eyes. As the clerk’s face popped into his head he felt his cheeks heat up once again and he rolled over and pulled his mobile from his pocket. Scrolling through his contacts he selected Sehun’s, moving it to his ear as it began ringing. Three rings and there was a soft click.

“What’s up, hyung?” Jongin took in another deep breath before his words came out as a single rushed statement.

“There’sthisnewsupercuteclerkthtworksatthepetstoreandheaskedmynameandphnenumberandhe’sreallycute” He only stopped because he needed to breath. “Really… really cute.” He finished, becoming aware of the snickering on the other end of the line.

“Wow, Hyung. I know I said you’d find someone who wanted to work with pets, but I didn’t think you would actually find someone who worked at the pet shop.” Sehun said and Jongin smiled a little.

“It’s perfect, isn’t it?” He asked.

“I guess so. So what’s this cute clerk’s name?” Jongin opened his mouth and it stayed open as he realized that he hadn’t asked the clerk’s name. “Wait… you did get his name, didn’t you?” He closed his mouth and jumped at a thud that sounded from his phone and he could name out distant laughing, gaining the sinking suspicion that Sehun had dropped his phone while erupting into a fit of laughter.

“Oh my god, you’re such a lose Hyung. I know you’re shy, but I picture you being a stammering mess. How did you manage to tell him you own name?” Sehun asked, sounding like he was fighting back more laughter.

“Hey it’s not like you’re so smooth yourself.” Jongin replied with a small pout.

~

Two weeks of the same new routine followed. He would take one of his babies on a walk to the store, picking up little things he was just now running out of such as shampoo and treats, new toys and hair bows. He had even manages to get past most of his inability to speak to the clerk on the days he worked- which luckily for Jongin was almost every day he came into the store. Slowly he was able to say more… well, ask more, was a better way of putting it. Things such as ‘is this product better than that one’, ‘which brand has a better reputation’, ‘do you have pets of your own’, and things of that nature.  Anything to keep the shorter male talking. Not that he seemed to mind, there were rarely any other customers in the store when Jongin would come in, so he was able to have the other’s full attention.

 

And yet he still hadn’t learned the clerk’s name. Today’s pattern was no different as he placed two bags of food on the checkout stand.

 

“My dear Jjangah is a little over weight, according to the vet.” He said, looking down at the food and then back up at the clerk. “Which of these would be best?” The clerk picked up one bag, turning it over and examining the ingredients. He did the same with the other bag, footsteps followed by a voice interrupting them.

“Kyungsoo.” Jongin recognized the voice as the owner came from the back room. The red head looked to Jongin, what looked like curiosity flickering across his eyes before it was gone. “I didn’t realize you were with a customer.” He said, coming over to the pair, standing beside Kyungsoo.

“He’s looking for diet food for one of his dogs.” The clerk said, looking at the shop owner. The red haired male looked down at the packages, pointing to the one on the left almost instantly. Jongin looked up from the bag to the owner, a small frown in place.

“One of the ones you’ve brought in, yes?” Jongin nodded. “This is the best diet food for their breed.” The owner explained and Jongin relaxed a little, nodding again. Kyungsoo looked back to him.

“Shall I ring it up for you?” He asked and Jongin felt his words trying to run from him again.

“Yes please.” He managed, pulling out his club card and money. The owner stayed where he was through the whole transaction, and didn’t seem to plan to move while Jongin exited the store.

“I think he has a crush on you.” The owner said, and Kyungsoo looked up at him, confused.

“Why do you think that, Taekwoon-Hyung?” He asked, turning to face the other. The corner of Taekwoon’s mouth curved up and his eyes seemed to soften a little.

“Because he used to come in every other week at the most. He’s come in every day since the day after you started working here.” He explained and Kyungsoo’s gaze turned back to the store’s entrance.

~

Kyungsoo paid more attention to the dark haired male who continued to come in every day. At first he had imagined that he was just the kind to spoil his dogs, but this was getting to be a little much even for that. Perhaps Taekwoon was right? The stuttering and blushing could have been played off as the other male was just shy, but if that was the case he probably wouldn’t be keen on asking the dozens of questions he asked Kyungsoo during his trips into the pet store… Or probably his dozens of trips to the pet store in general if what Taekwoon had said about his increased frequency was true.

He watched Jongin wander around the store, noticed the other try to sneak peeks at him, even saw the hint of pink creep up Jongin’s neck when he was caught. Three days of this, and Kyungsoo decided to see if Taekwoon was right. Jongin had set three collars on the check stand, asking Kyungsoo’s opinion on their colors.

“Jjangah needs a new collar, but I don’t know if she’s too grown up for pink.” He said.

“If she’s your little princess like you’ve said before, then I think you should still buy her pink things.” Kyungsoo replied, looking up at Jongin who gave a small nod. Kyungsoo moved the light blue and green collars into the box he now kept at the counter for items that customers decided against- not that it happened with anyone other than Jongin. Taking the pink collar he scanned it, holding his hand out to take Jongin’s club card.

“I don’t work the day after tomorrow.” He stated and Jongin flinched a little-Kyungsoo assumed it was due to the other hoping he hadn’t been found out. Before the other could think too much for some kind of response, Kyungsoo continued, scanning Jongin’s card.

“If you don’t have any plans, would you like to go out on a date?” He asked, holding the card out to a blank faced Jongin. The dark haired male stared at him for a few moments before he seemed to snap out of his daze.

“W-what?” He asked, taking the card back and stiffly offering Kyungsoo money. Kyungsoo took the bills, entering the amount on the computer, opening the till to pull out Jongin’s change.

“I said if you aren’t busy the day after tomorrow, would you like to go out on a date.” He repeated, putting the collar in a small bag, holding both the bag and his change out to Jongin. “With me.” He added, though he was pretty sure that the clarification wouldn’t help the startled male. Jongin opened his mouth, but when nothing came out he nodded instead. “Is it alright if I get your phone number from our database?” He asked, and Jongin nodded again a little more thoroughly this time. Kyungsoo offered a small smile. “I’ll call you when my shift is over and we’ll figure out where you want to go.”

Jongin took the bag and the change, a shocked smile starting across his lips as he left the store. He got about ten feet from the door before his knees began to shake to the point that he had to sit down.


 


((A/N Ta-da~ No clue where all this cute fluffy stuff came from, but I hope you're ready for more in the next chapter.

Also, you may or may not want to get used to the fluff. It may or may not stay owo

See you in two weeks~ ))