16. I Wish Your Love Was Me, Come in Closely and Whisper 'I Only Love You'

Three Halves to Make Me Whole

(( Hello all and happy Friday~ I don't think I have anything to bring up this week :3 A few of you I think checked out our tumblr for this I think because we got a couple new followers on there, plus atleast 10 new subsribers uwu

Since it's a fourth update

Bonded pairs so far:
Romantic~
BaekYeol
KaiSoo

Platonic~
ChanSoo
SuLay
BaekChen
SeKai ))


 


16. I Wish Your Love Was Me,
Come in Closely and Whisper 'I Only Love You'

 

“LuHan, Baekhyun and… Kyungsoo,” The vocal instructor called, looking around at the nervous faces of her class. “I know it may seem early for this decision, but the showcase you will be performing in is a month away,” she explained. “The rest of you are dismissed, I’ll see you in class Monday,” She added, and the other students filed out of the practice room before she turned a smile to the three that remained. “I look forward to hearing the three of you together. Do you need me to find a pianist for your part of the showcase?”
 

“Yixing-hyung is a good friend of Kyungsoo’s and mine, we can ask him, unless LuHan-hyung had someone in mind,” Baekhyun stated, glancing at the eldest. LuHan paused before shaking his head and they looked back to the teacher.
 

“Please let me know Monday if he’s agreed to play for you. If he does, please try to get the chance to practice between now and then,” She said, picking up four small booklets, offering two to Baekhyun, one to Kyungsoo and the last to LuHan. The three left the classroom, Baekhyun turning to LuHan.
 

“I’m sure Yixing-hyung will agree, when do you have a free period?” He asked, noticing the way LuHan shifted, tightening his grip on his bag for a moment before he relaxed.
 

“I’m free for the rest of the afternoon.”
 

“How about we meet in the practice room in half an hour? The one with the grand piano,” Baekhyun suggested smiling as LuHan offered one of his own.
 

“Sounds like a plan,” He agreed, giving a small wave before heading to the campus’ café.
 

“Where’s your friend?” The barista asked and LuHan gave him a curious look. “Copper hair, baby face? Pretty sure he bleeds caffeine?” The barista detailed and LuHan felt his mobile buzz in his pocket as if on cue.
 

“I think class,” He replied, watching the barista start on his usual.
 

“You two are usually attached at the hip, but I’ve rarely seen you two together lately. I guess it is only the first week, so you’re probably still figuring out your schedules to find time to hang out,” He finished, swiping LuHan’s card and handing it back along with an iced Americano.
 

“Something like that,” LuHan mumbled taking both and heading towards the practice room to wait.


 

“Yixing-hyung!” Baekhyun called, the blond looking over at him from the sheet music he was working on. “The teacher selected Kyungsoo and I along with someone else for the showcase,” He explained, sitting beside Yixing accepting a high five from Jongdae; who was currently on the other side of the table, leaning forward and dragging Junmyeon by the arm he had around the elder’s neck to do so. Junmyeon shot him a small pout, fixing his shirt when they sat back.
 

“We were wondering if you would play for us,” Baekhyun asked, and Yixing smiled.
 

“Of course. When do you want to practice?”
 

“Baekhyun already told the other, LuHan-hyung, that we would practice now,” Kyungsoo said and Yixing giggled, collecting his papers and slipping them into his bag.
 

“I have about an hour before my next class, so that’s not a problem,” Yixing stated, looking to Jongdae and Junmyeon. “You two can head home, I’ll be back around three after my class since I don’t have work today,” He said, Jongdae grinning in response.
 

“You hear that, Junnie? We have three hours of alone time~” The brunet teased, turning Junmyeon’s ears red before hauling the older from the table. Kyungsoo shook his head while Baekhyun and Yixing laughed, following the shorter’s lead to meet LuHan in the practice room. Once greetings had been exchanged Yixing sat at the piano and Baekhyun handed him the sheet music book for him to look over quickly before they got to work. The soft ring of Yixing’s mobile caused them all to stop a while later and Yixing pulled his mobile out.
 

“Is there a reason you set an alarm?” LuHan asked, watching Yixing dismiss it and close the key cover of the piano, eyes flickering to the clock in perfect view for all four of them to see.
 

“I zone out sometimes-“
 

“Sometimes?” Baekhyun laughed and Yixing shook his head, smiling and looking back to LuHan.
 

“And my art class starts today, so I wanted to make sure I went to it,” He explained, slipping the sheet music book into his bag.
 

“Why do I get the feeling that Junmyeon-hyung’s the one who suggested that?” Kyungsoo asked, closing his booklet.
 

“Would you be alright trading numbers, LuHan-Ge? It’ll make setting up practice times a little easier,” Yixing asked and LuHan nodded, pulling out his own mobile, ignoring the text from Minseok telling him to come to their usual café when he got out of class. After LuHan gave his number to the three, Kyungsoo was the first to excuse himself, rolling his eyes as Baekhyun made a playful threat to tell Chanyeol that he was going to see Jongin without him.


 

“You staying to practice, Hyung?” Sehun asked, pulling on his shoes before looking to where Jongin was focused on the mirror, still going over the routine the class had ended with the day before.
 

“Yeah, for a bit longer,” The dark haired male replied. “You didn’t need to come keep me company,” He added, turning to face Sehun.
 

“Made more sense than going all the way back to the dorm for twenty minutes before I would have had to head to work,” Sehun replied. “And it’s fun watching the difference between your ballet and our hip hop classes,” He added, heading towards the door. “Don’t wear yourself out too much, Yifan-hyung might try to mother you like he does to ZiTao-hyung.” Sehun gave a wave to Jongin before leaving the dancer to his own thoughts. He passed Kyungsoo at the end of the sports hall, watching the older closely and freezing when the spoke.
 

“Is Jongin practicing still?” Sehun nodded and Kyungsoo gave a curt nod in response, heading the rest of the way down the hall. He peaked through the window, his breath catching in his throat as he watched his boyfriend move. He wasn’t sure how long he had been watching him through the window or from the open door when he finally remembered how to operate it, but it didn’t feel like nearly long enough as on a turn Jongin froze like a deer in head lights.
 

“I d-didn’t hear you come in, Hyung,” Jongin stammered before Kyungsoo was across the room, pinning Jongin with his back against the mirror, stretching up on his tip toes and crashing his lips against Jongin’s. Kyungsoo broke the kiss when Jongin tried to pull back for air and tilted his forehead, pressing it against Jongin’s as their breaths came out in soft pants.
 

“Do you have any idea how beautiful you are?” Kyungsoo asked, Jongin’s breath hitching as his cheeks darkened. Kyungsoo pulled back and intertwined his fingers with Jongin’s, kissing each of the younger’s knuckles while looking up at a very flustered Jongin.
 

“Let’s get out of here. I want you to dance for me some more.”

 


 

Yifan offered a smile as ZiTao finally released him arm and looked up at him. There had yet to be a conflict in their schedules with him meeting ZiTao after his classes and walking him to his next, other than the small group communication studies class that Yifan had. ZiTao got out an hour earlier and had no other class on Tuesdays and Thursdays, so ZiTao was the one who would come to meet Yifan at the end of the class after spending time at the lunch table with the other Chinese friends of Yifan’s. It was Wednesday though, and he could feel the pout radiating off of the younger as Yifan was dropping him off for his English class.
 

“The mentor program made sure that all the mentees had English together, and the teacher is from China. You’ll be fine, ZiTao,” Yifan soothed and ZiTao’s pout fade. “Sehun has work, but when he gets home how does a hot pot sound? We can get all get to know each other a little better,” He suggested and ZiTao brightened, nodding. Yifan reached out, petting ZiTao’s head a couple times before nudging him towards the open classroom door and ZiTao, for once, didn’t offer up a resistance at the separation. Yifan watched until ZiTao had taken a seat, and then turned away, jumping a little when he almost walked into Victoria.
 

“Making sure our baby is getting along with his classmates?” She asked and Yifan responded by rolling his eyes.
 

“I still don’t know how or why you decided ZiTao was our child.”
 

“Because he’s just a baby,” Victoria shrugged.
 

“That doesn’t mean he’s our child just because of that,” Yifan argued and she stepped past him towards the classroom door.


“You’re so mean to make me raise our baby all on my own,” She called over her shoulder, Yifan shaking his head. He watched ZiTao’s eyes light up when he saw Victoria make her way to him and running her fingers through his hair before sitting next to him . At least that made him feel a little better with how much ZiTao dreaded the idea of the class.
 

Yifan made his way from the classroom and through the building to the arts hall, quickly finding his class and taking a seat in the far side of the room. He pulled out his pencil pouch and set it beside the one of the feet of his easel, an odd feeling trailing down his spine. His first thought was it was just a chill from the door to the classroom, maybe there was a window open, but as he sat back up he felt the color drain from his face when he saw the blond in the doorway.
 

“Yixing! Come sit over here!” Yifan heard the girl beside him call, Yixing’s eyes moving to hers and he was giving a  smile and a wave before he took the seat next to her. Yifan forced himself to breath and look at his easel before someone could catch him staring, his mind swimming with questions. Wasn’t Yixing supposed to be in China? That’s what the hostess had said. So why-
 

“It’s really sweet that you declined the offer to go to that music academy to finish school with Junmyeon.” Yifan flinched, his stomach sinking. That’s right, the guy who had kissed and snuggled into his angel.
 

“We’re bonded,” He heard Yixing say and it put another cold feeling into his stomach. “There’s no way I could leave him, and he doesn’t have much interest in moving to China with me.”
 

Yifan ducked his head down a little, thankful when the teacher came in to start class. Once the class had ended he waited for everyone else to shuffle from the classroom before he collected his own things and went to meet ZiTao. The blond was leaning against the lockers outside of the classroom, playing with his mobile, but as Yifan got closer the blond looked up and frowned as he stared ahead, then turned his gaze to meet Yifan’s.
 

“Ge, what’s wrong?” ZiTao asked, Yifan stopping beside him.
 

“What do you man?” He asked, ZiTao latching onto his arm as usual.
 

“Something feels strange,” ZiTao stated, pressing his cheek to Yifan’s shoulder as they headed from the building and to the parking lot that Yifan’s car was parked in.
 

“It’s not something you need to worry about,” Yifan said, reaching over to pet ZiTao’s head as the younger climbed into the passenger seat. ZiTao didn’t look convinced, but he nodded, bucking up as Yifan closed the door for him and got into the driver’s seat. Yifan started driving away from the campus, and by proximity away from the dorms and ZiTao looked to him with a curious gaze. “We’re going to the store,” He stated and ZiTao nodded, looking back out the window.
 

“Sehun has work today, right?” ZiTao asked, and Yifan hummed in confirmation “We could go to your apartment after we go shopping. I can help you pack the rest of your things,” ZiTao suggested and Yifan smiled.
 

“You don’t have to help me pack, ZiTao.”
 

“I know,” The blond replied simply, pulling a chuckle from Yifan.
 

The pair decided to drop the groceries off at the dorm before heading to Yifan’s apartment, which made even more sense when Yifan thought about the boxes in their room that he had used to bring over the first of his things. ZiTao unlocked and opened the door, before proceeding to close it and Yifan bumped into him.
 

“ZiTao?” He asked, noticing how the younger’s ears were now pink. He nudged ZiTao to the side, opening the door to see a very embarrassed looking Jongin straddling the lap of a vaguely familiar looking doe-eyed male, blinking as Jongin hastily moved off of the other male’s lap.
 

“I-I thought you were going to your apartment after class,” Jongin stammered and Yifan moved from the doorway, gesturing for ZiTao to come in and murmuring to him that it was safe. ZiTao set the bag he had on the counter, busying himself with putting the groceries away.


“We are, but we decided to go shopping first and ask you what time Sehun got off work. I haven’t gotten your numbers yet,” Yifan explained, letting ZiTao take the grocery bags from his hand and working on putting them away as well; anything that kept him from looking over at the pair on the couch.
 

“He should be home around 7:30,” Jongin said, watching Yifan’s eyes travel to the dark haired male beside him.
 

“You… went to the music recital at the end of last term, didn’t you?” He asked, the other giving a slow nod.
 

“Kyungsoo-hyung has a friend who got an award and special nominations for his piano skills,” Jongin said, a blank look crossing Yifan’s face.
 

“Zhang Yixing?” He asked, and Kyungsoo nodded again. Yifan jumped a little when he felt ZiTao’s fingers against his arm again and he looked down at him.
 

“Let’s go, Ge,” ZiTao said softly and Yifan nodded, making quick work of retrieving the empty boxes from his room. ZiTao was in the doorway when Yifan stopped, looking back at Jongin.
 

“So if Kyungsoo is your…” He trailed off and shook his head. “I thought you and Sehun-” Yifan cut off as a dark look flashed through Jongin’s eyes, Kyungsoo’s hand moving over one of Jongin’s.
 

“Sehun and I are cousins, we’re just really close,” Jongin replied in a small, even voice and Yifan gave a single nod.

“Got it. Sorry I brought it up,” He replied, rubbing his neck awkwardly before he turned and followed ZiTao out of the dorm.