10. Hey There Piano Man, Your Hands Are Where Mine Belong

Three Halves to Make Me Whole

(( A/N Hello hello ^^ I hope you all are having a nice week owo I think I mentioned last week that we have a beta now, who suggested me adding to the author's notes a little reminder of what bonded pairs have happened since it might be hard for some to keep all of it straight, which actually makes a lot of sense xD Angel and I have been working on this for close to 6 months now, so we've got it all pretty ingrained in our heads

Since this updates weekly, I was thinking about putting the recap every fourth chapter(once a monthish), and I will be going back and editing the author's notes for chapters 4 and 8 with what pairs had been bonded by then, and the next one will be on chapter 12~

Until next time~ ))


Chapter Ten:
Hey There Piano Man, Your Hands Are Where Mine Belong

 

“Yifan~” Jei called as the dirty blond haired male was nearing the table. “Can you get some notes for me from Jia?” She asked and Yifan frowned.

“Why do I have to go get them?”

“Because!” Jei started before shifting to flop over, her head in Cao Lu’s lap. “I didn’t get to see my lovely Lu all break long when she went to visit her family.”

“And if Jei goes to get them, you might try to steal Cao Lu away,” Victoria said, Fei snickering beside her.

“Yeah, Yifan. Rumor has it you’re a total player; ready to try to steal any girl’s heart,” She chimed in, Yezi leaning against Cao Lu’s shoulder.

“Don’t worry, Jei. If it comes down to it, I’ll make sure he keeps his grubby hands off your girl.”

“If I go, will this whole idea you all have of me be being in love with Cao Lu end?” Yifan groaned and Jei grinned.

“Jia should be in one of the music practice rooms,” She stated and Yifan sighed, turning and walking away from the tale. It wasn’t that far from the lunch room to the music hall at least, which further confused him as to why Jei couldn’t get them herself. Cao Lu could have gone with her even, and they would have had time alone.

The things those girls get me to do. He thought, looking into each of the music classrooms he came across. The sixth finally showed Jia.

“Jei said that she needed notes from you,” He said as she looked up from her sheet music.

“And I’m not surprised that she got you to play errand boy,” She replied, setting down her pencil before digging around in her bag. She pulled out a file folder, holding it to him. “Hopefully she doesn’t run off before you get back.” She added with a giggle as Yifan took the folder and hurried from the room.

He only got halfway down the hall before the sound of a piano being played stopped him in his tracks. He looked to his left, noticing that the practice room door was cracked. He looked through the opening, his breath catching in is throat before he pushed the door open a little more to see the blond at the piano a little better. His fingers trailed up to the other’s eyes, noticing they were closed, but when they opened he looked at the keys with such a gentle expression that it made Yifan’s heart throb. He jumped at the voice that pulled his attention from the blond, looking to the person as they closed the practice room’s door.

“Please don’t disturb him; he has an important recital he’s practicing for,” The lady said and Yifan apologized before making his way back to the lunch table. He expected Jei to be gone after Jia put the idea into his head, so he wasn’t surprised when the brunet was missing, alone with Cao Lu and he rolled his eyes as he sat cross from Yezi.

“Jei waited about four minutes, then decided you were taking too long.” Yezi said, holding out her hand. “I can take the notes to her so our efforts don’t go to waste.”

“It wasn’t much of a waste,” Yifan mumbled, handing the notes over.

“Why, did Jia make your heart flutter?” Victoria asked and she and Yezi laughed as Yifan sighed. The image of the blond flashed through his mind and he felt his heart skip a beat before he looked up at Victoria.

“Hey, when is the next recital the music program is putting on?” He asked and the brunette arched in eyebrow at him.

“Since when do you listen to classical music?”

“I like… piano…” Yifan protested.

“Uh-huh.” Victoria mused sarcastically, but she dropped the topic for now.

~~

Minseok stared at the grade on his test once he had gotten it back, getting the feeling that he was imagining what it was. It took the light brown haired male beside him to convince him otherwise.

“Any notes of her asking if you cheated?” LuHan asked, and Minseok gave his shoulder a nudge.

“If I continued to fail these that would just mean that you’re a terrible teacher,” He replied, putting his test into his bag. “Hey, we should go out and celebrate.” He suggested, pulling his bag onto his shoulder.

“Sounds good. Where should we meet?” LuHan asked, grabbing his own bag.

“We don’t need to meet anywhere, you know. We can swing by both of our apartments and then go to a café or something.” Minseok stated and LuHan ran a hand through his hair.

“Or we could each go to our own apartments and meet at a café.” LuHan offered, earning a frown.

“What’s with you never wanting me to see your apartment?”

“It’s uh… Just really messy, and I forget to clean it regularly. You just happen to ask to come over when it’s a mess.” LuHan said and Minseok shook his head.

“If you didn’t let it become such a mess, then it wouldn’t take a lot of effort to clean,” He scolded lightly, following LuHan out of the classroom.

“I know, I know.”


They ended up meeting at a café, sitting across from each other at one of the back booths. The server dropped off their drinks and Minseok moved to sit beside LuHan. The brow haired male shifted a little, scooting an inch from the other. Minseok didn’t comment, assuming the other was just shifting to get comfortable as he usually said he was doing and the pair talked about the classes they had and projects they were working on the plans for, as they sipped their coffees.

Minseok set his cup down, placing his hand on his own thigh before he looked over at LuHan’s. He looked up at the other’s face to see LuHan was looking out the window and he reached over. His fingers brushed the other’s wrist and LuHan pulled his hand away and Minseok took in a breath, letting it out slowly to hide his sigh as he pulled his hand back and set it in his lap, looking to his coffee cup.

A few moments later he felt something touch his hand and he looked down to see LuHan interlocking their fingers, eyes traveling up to see the other’s to see a nervous expression on his face as he looked around the café. Minseok tried to comfort the other with a smile, tightening his grip on LuHan’s hand. He leaned his head onto the other’s shoulder, feeling LuHan tense under the touch before he lifted his head off his shoulder and LuHan looked over at him with an apologetic mile.

“Why do you keep trying to hide? Are you embarrassed?” Minseok asked and LuHan looked down at their hands, cringing at the hurt in the older’s tone.

“No, I’m not embarrassed…” LuHan replied, looking up at Minseok when the other pulled his hand away.

“Really? Because it’s been close to five months, and any time we’re not at my apartment you’re hesitant to sit closer than a foot away from me.” LuHan swallowed hard, reaching for the other’s hand again.

“I’m not embarrassed, I’m just… not a big fan of PDA.” He said, intertwining their fingers again. “That’s why I’m not comfortable being close to you when we go out for dates.”

“Then let’s head back to my apartment,” Minseok said, standing from the booth and finishing what little was left in his cup. He didn’t think it was much of a celebration if LuHan was on edge the entire time. The moment the door closed behind LuHan he wrapped his arms around Minseok’s waist, and the copper haired male leaned back into the touch.

“Are you mad?” LuHan asked, lips brushing against Minseok’s hear and the other laughed softly.

“No, I’m not mad. And you need to learn how to whisper properly.” He mused, feeling LuHan smile against his ear.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” He teased and Minseok turned around in his arms, running his hand up the other’s back, massaging his shoulders with the pads of his fingers.

“You know exactly what I mean. I’m lucky I don’t have more of a thing for my ears being played with.”

“Oh you don’t, do you?” LuHan cooed, placing a kiss on the shell of Minseok’s ear before kissing his lips softly. Minseok pulled himself a little closer, chasing the other’s lips as LuHan broke the kiss, pushing the other so his back was against the wall to be able to press their lips together even with LuHan’s teasingly pulling back.

“Not as much as you do,” The copper haired male replied, leaning to nip at the other’s earlobe to pull a sharp intake of breath from the younger. He kissed behind the other’s ear, trailing kisses down his neck, LuHan’s hands moving to old onto his hips.

One of LuHan’s hands moved up to the back on Minseok’s neck, nudging him back from his neck to press their lips together, nipping at the older’s lower lip before pulling it between his teeth. He ran his teeth along it as he pulled back, smirking at the soft moan Minseok let out, letting up on the pressure he was using to hold LuHan to the wall. LuHan took that as his chance to run his hands up the other’s shirt, pushing him forward enough to be able to separate them and pull Minseok’s shirt over his head. He then pulled the other against himself again, starting to at the base of Minseok’s neck. The copper haired male started to rub and kneed his shoulder blades to soothe him, feeling LuHan having started to tense.

“You’ve, mmn… gotten better at not biting too hard in your enthusiasm,” Minseok purred, LuHan relaxing a little under the other’s fingers and praise.

“Probably because you’re so patient,” LuHan replied, pulling back from his neck to lace another kiss against Minseok’s lips.

“I’ve told you before we can go as slow as you need. There’s no limit on how soon we have to do anything.” Minseok said, placing another gentle kiss against LuHan’s lips, only for LuHan to press harder into the kiss. “C’mon.” Minseok said, pulling back and taking LuHan by the hand to lead him to his room.

He nudged LuHan to sit on his bed, leaning down to cup LuHan’s cheek and kiss him softly. LuHan places his hands on Minseok’s hips, pushing him to the side and causing the older to land on his back on the bed with LuHan startling his waist. Minseok’s hips pressed up against the other’s instinctually, and then he saw LuHan tense a little his movements stiff as he moved his hands to either side of Minseok’s head to keep himself up. Minseok smiled up at the other, soothing his hands up the other’s chest. When the action didn’t seem to help LuHan relax, Minseok slipped his hands around to the brown haired male’s back, pulling him down against his chest. LuHan tensed more so at first, even flinched when Minseok kissed his ear and Minseok reached up to card his fingers through the younger’s hair.

“Let’s slow down, alright?” He asked and LuHan nodded nestling his face into the crook of Minseok’s neck.

“Sorry,” He mumbled softly.

“Why are you sorry?”

“Because I can feel you’re worked up,” LuHan replied and Minseok let out an embarrassed laugh.

“And if it bothers me, I can go take a shower and take care of myself.”

“But I’m your… we-we’re together.” Minseok hummed in agreement.

“Yes we are. Do you know what that means?”

“That I’m supposed to… take care of you when I get you worked up,” LuHan tensed even more as he spoke, and even started to try to move down the other’s body, but Minseok tightened his grip to keep him still and LuHan froze.

“I don’t know who taught you that, but I really need to kick their .” LuHan looked up at the other, eyes wide.

“I think that’s the first time I’ve heard you curse.”

“And I think that was the first time you’ve told me something so ridiculous.” Minseok replied, lifting his head to place a kiss on LuHan’s forehead. “No, us being together like this doesn’t mean you have to do anything, especially not anything that you’re uncomfortable with. It means that we are allowed to give and take as the other decides is okay. I’m not entitled to your body, and you’re not entitled to mine. So I’m not going to do anything to you, or make you do anything to me that you’re not one hundred percent okay with, just as I hope you won’t do to me in return.” He continued, pushing LuHan’s head back onto his shoulder. “And I don’t want to go any further. I want to lay here and cuddle with you. Is that something you want too?” He asked, craning his neck to look down at the other. LuHan gave a nod before closing his eyes and pressing closer to the older’s neck.