1. I Wouldn't Mind if it's All About Us

Three Halves to Make Me Whole

((A/N: Welcome to the first chapter! This is so exciting, you have no idea how long I've been waiting to finally get this up and published. So here it is, the first chapter~

The playlist has been taken down because Trinity doesn't want to spoil anything~ so here are links to the songs for this chapter: one and two ))

 


“So Yeol, who are you planning on asking to prom?” Baekhyun asked, digging through the bag of potato chips he had tossed in his bag for lunch that morning before leaving for class. The black haired male looked down at him from on the table; his legs didn’t like to fit under the table when he sat on the bench and he would have liked to avoid getting stuck again. Last time it had taken Baekhyun two weeks to finally shut up about it.

“Kyungsoo, of course.” He replied which resulted in said third person at the table to look up from his sandwich, and Baekhyun face to scrunch a little as he poured that last few chips into his mouth.

“No, I’m taking him.” Baekhyun said through a mouth of chips, setting down the now empty bag. “You took him last year.”

“Well, yeah. He’s my platonic soulmate, and I haven’t found my other soulmate, so obviously that means I would take him.”

“Hey,” Kyungsoo said, but either the other two didn’t hear him or planned to ignore his trying to into the conversation.

“I know he’s one of your soulmates, which means you get to keep him after high school! Your bond has been tied; he can’t get rid of you if he tried.”

“Hey-” Kyungsoo tried again, setting his sandwich down.

“You push his buttons more than I do, that’s why he hasn’t tried. Probably part of why we click better and bonded.”

Hey.” Kyungsoo tried a third time, a little louder, watching Baekhyun place his palms flat on top of the table and stand so he was closer to looking the giant elf in front of him in the eyes.

“You’re the one who came up with having more than one platonic soulmate when we were all nine, who’s to say he doesn’t have both of us as platonic soulmates?” The brunet retorted.

Chanyeol frowned softly, leaning down a little. He wouldn’t put it past the other to stand on the bench if he had to to be eye level during something like this. “Because we talk, I would know if he felt that way towards-”

He was cut off when he felt a hand on the base of his neck and he had just enough time to register that it belonged to Kyungsoo, who had his other hand on the back of Baekhyun’s head before their faces were forced forward and their lips met at a slightly awkward angle. But it wasn’t the forced kiss that startled the pair whom were released from the other’s hold when they both tried to jerk back.

“Did you…” Baekhyun trailed off, his lips still buzzing from the shock that he had felt at the contact. Static electricity was one thing, but it never lingered like this. Baekhyun’s eyes were as wide as Chanyeol imagined his own were as they continued to keep the eye contact that Baekhyun had fought for, and the younger replied with a single nod.

“If I knew that was all it took to shut you two up, I would have done it years ago.” Kyungsoo stated, picking up his messenger bag and looping it over his head, adjusting it a little. He turned from the table and the lunch bell rang as if on cue. Baekhyun and Chanyeol both looked after him, watching him stop and look back. “By the way, Hyunsik already asked me to prom.” He finished before he headed into the building. The pair met each other’s gaze again and the surprise seemed to fade from Baekhyun’s face a little.

“So I guess you’re taking me to prom.” He said with a laugh, finding the particular shade of red that Chanyeol’s ears had turned to be funny. Chanyeol gave the other’s shoulder a slight push, then slid off the table and grabbed his bag.

“My mom always said that your romantic soulmate felt a lot like your platonic one.” He said, slipping his bag on before he picked up his guitar case.

“Didn’t your mom and sister also make bets on which of us you were going to end up with because you called us both platonic soulmates?” Baekhyun asked, shrugging his own bag on.

~

“Really?” Baekhyun asked, looking up at Chanyeol, who’s goofy grin sagged ever so slightly before he straightened his tie with one hand and held the corsage in his other out a little further.

“Guys are supposed to get their dates one of these. We went shopping for them last year, remember? You spent twenty minutes trying to figure out what colors Taeyeon would like best.” Chanyeol responded.

“Yeah, but I’m not a girl.” Baekhyun argued, his shoulders puffing up a little.

“Neither is Kyungsoo.” Chanyeol countered, deciding to leave out the fact that Kyungsoo had hit him with a thrown pillow when he had shown up with a corsage in hand last year. The brown haired male had worn it at least, and that was what mattered.

Baekhyun crossed his arms over his chest and Chanyeol let his grin fall to a pout.

"Please, Baekhyunnie?" Chanyeol whined and Baekhyun looked back down at the corsage. It wasn't pink and yellow like the one he had gotten for Taeyeon the year before, but instead was a white rose that looked like it had been lightly splattered with paint and paired together with a couple stands of baby's breath, held all together with a mesh dark gray ribbon that had a couple of black lines down the center. He stared at it for a long moment before rolling his eyes and holding his left wrist out to the other.

"Fine." He said with a dramatic sigh, a small smile playing across his lips at how big Chanyeol grinned as he fastened the Velcro of the corsage around Baekhyun's wrist. Once it was secure, Chanyeol trailed his fingers down the palm of Baekhyun's hand, taking it into his own and leading him from the house. Baekhyun looked at the car in the driveway, half expecting to see Momma Park in the driver's seat.

"She let you borrow the car?" Baekhyun asked, reaching for the door handle of the passenger seat, only to almost fall over when Chanyeol nudged him not so gently away from it. Baekhyun looked up at Chanyeol to ask what he was doing when Chanyeol opened the door for him.

"Really?" He asked for the second time and Chanyeol gestured for Baekhyun to get into the car. "You are ridiculous." He stated as he slipped into he car. Chanyeol gave him a pleased look before closing Baekhyun's door and hurried around the car to situate himself in the driver's seat.

"You wouldn't have me any other way." He replied, pulling out of Baekhyun's driveway and making way to their school.

~

Thirty minutes later Baekhyun was covering his face with his hands as Chanyeol's gangly limbs flailed before him.

"You.... stop, please, you need to stop." Baekhyun groaned before his hands were yanked from his face by the dancing giraffe in front of him.

"It's a dance, so you're supposed to dance." Chanyeol said. He moved his left hand between them then over Baekhyun’s head and back down as he turned the other while still holding onto Baekhyun's hands. This resulted in the pair facing the same direction with Baekhyun now beside Chanyeol, his right arm across his chest and his left across his stomach, being forced to step side to side as Chanyeol did.

"Yes, but you're not dancing, you’re flailing your limbs all over." He argued and Chanyeol spun him the other was as if to get them back to holding hands and facing one another. When Chanyeol forced him to keep turning Baekhyun stumbled a little, and was eventually spun a full circle and a half while Chanyeol continued to hold onto both of his hands. They were now almost facing one another, but Chanyeol’s right arm was under Baekhyun's right which was now bent at an awkward angle as Chanyeol kept a hold on it, and Baekhyun’s left arm was behind his back, held captive by Chanyeol's right hand.

"Seriously, what are you doing?" Baekhyun exclaimed as Kyungsoo made his appearance beside Chanyeol.

"I saw it online." Chanyeol stated, spinning Baekhyun around one final time so they were facing each other again and Baekhyun’s limbs weren't twisted and he released the brunet’s hands. "The people teaching it said it was easy enough that it could be done by anyone."

"It is. But you are dancing with Baekhyun." Kyungsoo said, and Chanyeol looked back at the brown haired male and his date. "And he's an idiot." He added and Baekhyun crossed his arms over his chest.

"You're just mad I stole your date." He countered and Kyungsoo raised a first to hit him, but it was caught by the male beside him.

"I don't think the staff wants to be cleaning Baekhyun's blood off the floor." Hyunsik said with a laugh, and Kyungsoo relaxed his fist.

"Besides, Baekhyunnie, Kyungsoo was the one who-" The black haired male was cut off as Baekhyun clamped his hand over his mouth.

"Go get me punch." He demanded, though Chanyeol didn't seem to mind, if the grin he gave the shorter male was anything to go off of, before he left the three of them.

“’Baekhyunnie’?” Kyungsoo snorted.

“Shut up.”

~

Chanyeol was gone close to ten minutes and Baekhyun found himself looking around for him as Kyungsoo and Hyunsik had wandered off to leave him all alone. There was no way that Chanyeol had gotten lost doing something as simple as going and getting him a drink, right? He made his way through the groups of people and found the punch bar soon enough, puffing up when he saw a dark brown haired girl reach out to straighten Chanyeol’s tie. The pout on his face eased a moment later when he saw Chanyeol push her hand away, looking past her to spot him and Chanyeol smiled before waving Baekhyun over.

“Excuse us.” Chanyeol said, wrapping his arm around the shorter’s waist before he lead him away from the table. Baekhyun was not above sticking his tongue at the girl as he was led away before he looked up at Chanyeol.

“You took forever.” He stated and Chanyeol looked down at him.

“That girl was asking about my flower.” He said, tilting his head down to the boutonniere that matched Baekhyun’s corsage. “She was saying she could teach me some dance moves, that way we could-hey!”

Baekhyun had wiggled out of the grip Chanyeol had on his waist, and Chanyeol’s hand darted out to catch Baekhyun and pull him back. However the brunet had offered less resistance than Chanyeol had expected and when he went to catch Baekhyun with his other hand as well he forgot about the cup in hit. The cup that had contained the dark pink liquid was now on the floor and the liquid it had held now soaked half of the white shirt under Baekhyun’s black vest. Baekhyun looked down at his shirt before back up at Chanyeol with a deadpanned expression to which Chanyeol could only respond to with an apologetic grin.


After cleaning up the best he could in the bathroom, Baekhyun met Chanyeol outsides, as he had refused the taller’s offer to help him clean up. He looked at the nervous expression on the other’s face before he turned and started towards the gym exit.

“I’m ready to go home.” He called over his shoulder. Chanyeol tensed, reaching out to grab his and again, but stopped shy of grabbing onto it when he remembered that was what got them into this mess in the first place, even though he didn’t have anything in either hand this time. He hesitated for a moment then hurried after Baekhyun, who was already half way to the door. He wrapped his arms around the other’s waist this time and Baekhyun stopped walking when he was pulled back against Chanyeol’s chest.

“Yeol, stop. I want to go home. I’ve had enough.” He said, trying to pull away when Chanyeol pressed his face into the side of his neck.

“I’m really sorry Baekhyun…. I wanted to make everything perfect tonight but… I keep messing it up, don’t I?” Baekhyun tried to tur to look at him, but Chanyeol tightened his grip to keep him in place and Baekhyun frowned at how harshly Chanyeol was taking his.

“You’re not messing things up.” He said with a small sign. When Chanyeol didn’t reply he leaned back into the other’s hold. “I’m just… still covered in punch, I really don’t feel like staying.”

“Just one song?” Chanyeol asked, pulling back from Baekhyun’s neck just enough to look up at him. Honestly, what further damage could he do in five minutes?

“One song.” Baekhyun said, and Chanyeol’s eyes brightened before he straightened and Baekhyun turned around in his arms. “But I’m leading.” He added receiving an eye roll from the taller. But Chanyeol let Baekhyun move him as he liked.

Baekhyun felt the other pull him closer halfway through the song and his arms wrap around his waist and Baekhyun eventually gave up on this attempt to lead the dance. Turning his head he pressed he side of his face to Chanyeol’s chest and the other’s chin came to rest on the top of his head, and they started swaying slowly from side to side. Baekhyun was pretty sure it wasn’t even to the beat of the song that was now playing, but found himself unable to care, tightening his own hold on the younger.
 

The pair ended up staying for another half hour before Baekhyun was leaning against Chanyeol’s shoulder as his eyelids grew heavy. Chanyeol looked down at him, then stood from the table they were at and pulled the sleepy male to his feet, leading him from the gym and into the car.

Back into Baekhyun’s driveway Chanyeol parked the car and looked over at the other, smiling at how rhythmic his breathing was. He even debated for a moment leaving the other where he was, but had a feeling that Baekhyun wouldn’t be all that happy waking up stiff from sleeping in the car. He got out and walked around to open Baekhyun’s door, and the other didn’t seem to notice.

“Baekhyunnie.” He cooed, receiving an incoherent grumbled reply and Baekhyun’s hand tried to wave him away. A chuckle passed Chanyeol’s lips and he unbuckled the other before sliding an arm between Baekhyun’s lower back and the car seat, the other hooking under his legs before he picked the other up from the seat, carrying him to the door step before Baekhyun’s eyes opened. He looked up at Chanyeol then down at the ground before he jolted a little more awake.

“Hey… Put me down.” He said, though it came out as more of a whine than a demand. Chanyeol set him on his feet and Baekhyun reached for the doorknob opening it and starting to step inside when he found Chanyeol was still holding onto his hand. He looked back at the black haired male who was pulling him back out of the door way.

“Thank you.” Chanyeol said, and before Baekhyun could ask what he was saying thank you for, Chanyeol cupped his cheek with his free hand and bet down, pressing his lips gently to Baekhyun’s.

 

(( //throws confettie// Yay~ This was so much fluff, I had a hard time writing it for some reason xD I'm one for writing angsty things, but there's a ton of fluff in this fic so I guess I have to get used to it. Or convince Trinity that we should murder someone, which so far isn't working.

But yeah, the dance thing that Chanyeol was doing where he was spinning Baekhyun around is a swing dance move called 'cuddle to hammerlock' and it's one of my favorite moves so that's why Chanyeol suddenly knows two things from swing, I hope I wrote it well enough for it to make sense.


Anyhow~ The next update will be in two weeks, as long as things go well I should be able to keep up that schedule since this term at school is coming to an end. I will be out of town sometime next month and I don't know if this story's update is during then or the other one, but I will figure it out ))