What about tomorrow?

Kimi no taion

Early in the morning, the girls are already in studio in their workout clothes, practising their dance routines after having done their early morning workout. 8 in the morning and the girls had already been in the studio for one and a half hours. Sang Hee stretched her arms out behind her back as she looked at the play list. After making sure everyone was in place, she presses play before rushing to her position beside Hyun Mi.

The girls moved in unison, a radiant smile present on each face as they lose themselves to the beat. The seamless movements which reflected a graceful fluidity paused and spurring on with the music. The quiet creak of the door opening went unnoticed by the girls who had now started to match their vocals with the continuous melody playing through the speakers, rendering the newcomers to the room speechless.

Following their mentors’, Sang Hee and Hyun Mi, the other three girls try their best to copy the movements. Each graceful spin and drop awing the 5 men. Sang Hee notices the five in her peripheral vision and after finishing the last song, she skips to the music system to pause the music. This is when the rest of them notice the five waiting figures further down the room, huddled in a corner, slightly intimidated by the skills.

Min Hee grabs her bottle and sits down in the middle of the room as Moon In walks to the five and asks them to come over. Within a minute, the GazettE and the Flor Bonita settled in a large circle with no line to distinguish one band from another. Sang Hee sighs and smiles at Ruki on her left and nods at Aoi on her right.

“You were right. We met today morning after all.” Kai chuckles addressing Sang Hee after all the girls seem slightly less breathless.

“Yes. Let me get to the point. Our project together consists of at least two albums together, I’ve been told. Apart from this, we are to promote our bands and our project with the use of social media, and also different variety shows, reality shows, CFs, radio shows, etc. Since the project is supposed to be two years long as decided by our companies, we need to realize that working together will be an understatement. We may as well be living together.” Sang Hee finishes with a bitter smile

“Ew. Seriously?” Aoi scrunches his nose up in mock disgust. “Sorry Aoi-san. You’ll have to live with it,” Hye Soo giggles. “Not that I mind~” Reita smiles and winks at Hyun Mi sitting beside him. “Stop giving them the wrong idea, Reita.” Uruha mumbles. “Ha-ha! I agree with Uruha, Reita. Don’t do that,” Ruki chuckles. “Guys, we’re not here to joke around,” Kai sternly says while frowning.

“Let the kids have a bit more fun. It’s quite early in the morning for everyone here.” Moon In intervenes resulting in Hyun Mi mock choking her. Sang Hee stands up and goes to her bag before bringing it back and pulling out her laptop and starts it up. “Allow me to continue this brief meeting,” Min Hee grins at them. “We have quite a few options to choose from but we need to know what you are most comfortable with.”

Sang Hee puts the laptop on the floor, making it face outward to show a table on the window. One by one, everyone puts in their names.

 

Type of promotion

The GazettE

Flor Bonita

Variety show

Everyone

 Everyone

Radio show

Kai, Reita, Aoi

Sang Hee, Min Hee, Hye Soo

Commercial film

Ruki, Reita, Kai, Aoi

Sang Hee, Min Hee, Hye Soo, Hyun Mi

Photoshoot

 Everyone

Everyone

Reality show

Kai, Ruki

Sang Hee, Hyun Mi

Other shows

Everyone

Everyone

 

After finishing the list, Sang Hee saves it and sends it off to her manager and texts a picture of the table to each of the people on there.

“Where’d you get my number from?!” Ruki gasps as his phone notifies him of a message from an unknown number. “I’ve got ze power.” Sang Hee replies nonchalantly, winking at her mates. “She just took them from the information page. Don’t mind her.” Moon In interjects. “Way to ruin the fun!” Sang Hee pouts as Kai laughs and pats her head.

After a while of laughing around, they again decide to get down to business as they all open their working journals to note down the themes they will be addressing in their songs. “No drugs!” Exclaimed Reita when a general question was thrown out to the group. While the rest of the GazettE rolled their eyes, the girls collapsed with laughter at his suggestion. Soon Hye Soo collects herself and smiles at the group “Well, why not?” she inquires. Sang Hee nods “It is a relevant topic.”

Sang Hee after thinking for a couple of seconds turns to Ruki, “Ruki-san, didn't you write SXDXR which is about drugs and also Maximum Impulse which is about the elated feeling we get from music, comparing it to the feeling we get from drugs?” Ruki blinks blankly at her before nodding, “Yeah... but we never wrote a song about the evils of drugs.”

Reita laughs before exclaiming, “That's why I said no drugs!” Kai nods, humming thoughtfully. Aoi shrugs, “we're just going to write the songs anyways. The lyricist has always been Ru-san... so I would say do whatever you want.” Moon In purses her lips before saying, “But if you know what themes we're doing, you'd know what kind of emotion to put in the music.”

Hye Soo intervenes with an “ah” surprising everyone, “The GazettE does extremely heavy songs but our group can't growl or scream. We're not used to those dark and heavy songs either....” Sang Hee smiles before turning to the GazettE and shaking her head, “Even if we can't growl, our high notes are on point. If you could turn the heaviness down slightly to help us adjust, it'd be great.”

Uruha opens his mouth for the first time to talk about his opinion, “Well.... What we could do is we can compose songs and they can get heavier with progression so then you have time to adjust but we won't be disappointing our fans either.” Min Hee nods in agreement, “It'll also help us widen our horizons. I think what Uruha-san is suggesting is sensible.”

Aoi sighs in relief, “Oh thank god I won't have to do pansy songs.” Sang Hee raises an eyebrow at this before telling him dryly, “We just like to make sure our fans aren't destroying their ears by listening to our songs and can actually sing along to our tunes.” Kai puts his hand on her shoulder, “Please don't take him seriously when he's like that. He himself composed many of the ballads we have.” Sang Hee smiles at him without humour, “I'm aware. He's also composed songs like Goddess which are really heavy. Please don't forget I'm a fan. It's my duty to know about this.”

Hyun Mi throws a bottle at Sang Hee’s head, “Calm down! Have some water.” Sang Hee pouts but obeys her friend.

Ruki tilts his head and finishes his notes up before looking at everyone, “Well then, let me sum up this meeting before we leave. We decided that we will compose songs from light to heavy, in progression. The tracklist doesn't have to be that way though. And the next thing is that we'll be focusing on themes like drug abuse, domestic abuse, and abuse in general. And lastly, all of us are to take part in promotional activities and we have the table which says who is doing what.”

Hye Soo nods and looks at the men, “Thank you for taking time out to see us all the way here. We're grateful for your cooperation,” the girls bow to the GazettE who nod and smile at them. Standing up, they all head down to the lounge, waiting for the managers.

Aoi walks up to Sang Hee and taps her shoulder to get her attention. “I'm sorry for my misbehaviour today. I was just messing about with you girls.” Sang Hee smiles at him cheerfully, “Yeah, don't worry. We were all aware of that.” Aoi rolls his eyes, “so I apologised for naught?” making Sang Hee laugh. Sang Hee shakes her head, “Thank you for being considerate!” She bows before approaching Kai, “Kai-san, thank you for today. Our meeting yesterday was coated with alcohol but I'm glad to find you're as charming and amiable without it.”

Kai looks at her questioning, “You thought I'd be obnoxious?” making Sang Hee shake her head alarmingly. “I didn't mean that!” she exclaimed. Kai laughs, pinching her cheek good-naturedly while she whines. Sang Hee pulls away rubbing her cheek to relieve it of the pain before looking up at Kai again, “Since you like football, do you want to watch the Japan vs South Korea friendly together?”

Kai stares at her, speechless for a few seconds before the manager’s voice breaks him out of his reverie. He looks down at Sang Hee to see her staring up at him nervously. “Yeah! Let's do that! Where?” He asks all in one breath. Sang Hee sighs and smiles at him, “My place I guess since your place would be too private and I'm staying in a dorm.” Kai frowns and shakes his head, “that's exactly why it should be my house. Then we can make as much noise as we want without getting bothered. How about this, you come to my house at 9 for dinner and the match and then I'll drop you home.”

Sang Hee nods in understanding as Takuya approaches them, tapping Kai’s shoulder. “I'll wait at the entrance of your company then at 8:30.” Kai nods and winks at her before walking away with his manager, chatting animatedly with him.

Hyun Mi slaps her back, laughing, “you got yourself a date with the leader! Ah young love~” Sang Hee glares at her, “you're the same age as me.” Min Hee giggles and adds, “you got yourself a date with your age old crush is what's important!”

Sang Hee merely blushed in response before heading off into the shower.

----------------

In their homes, the boys sit texting each other but if one were to look at their phones right now, they’d see mostly audio clips sent to the group. And in one of the five houses concerned, the leader of the boys sits red-faced with his earphones plugged in, listening to the audio clips which were nothing but catcalls and wolf-whistles all aimed at him.

----------------

Sang Hee manages to kick out the girls from her hotel room before rummaging through her clothes, mulling over what to wear. After 15 minutes of going through her clothes, she pulls out an innocent white crop top and light blue denim shorts with a long and thin gold chain with a single owl pendant with several similar thin gold bracelets to grace her delicate wrist. To finish off her outfit, she pulls out the South Korean football team's official jacket.

Making sure everything is fixed for the next day, she switches the lights off and locks her door and texts her friends not to try to come in tonight.

Putting her phone on charge beside her, she lays down with her earphones plugged in her ears, playing songs from the GazettE as usual. A resounding beep notifies her off an awaiting message. Lifting herself onto her elbow, she opens the message to see Kai staring back at her. After a few seconds, she realizes that it is just a picture and looks at the adjoining message which reads, “I’ll see you tomorrow! I can’t wait! We should have dinner before outside and then chill at mine~” Blushing, she replies back with a feeble “yeah” with a smiley emoji before locking her phone and closing her eyes to yield to her dreamless sleep.