9

Something Wicked This Way Comes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

       When he came to, he felt the familiar cold sinking into his skin. The sun was high in the sky, and Jongin knew that it was mid-day. His shift had been excruciating the previous night, and Jongin could not bring himself to stand. The snow was all around him, and he let out a moan as he weakly stirred. He barely had the strength to open his eyes, let alone find his way home.

 

       He hoped someone from the pack was coming to find him soon.

 

       Footsteps crunched in the snow nearby; it was probably someone coming to find him and take him home. He groaned again, and the steps sped up as though the person were jogging. 

 

       Something warm was draped over him, and gentle hands hauled him upwards to lean against something warm. It was certainly not Baekhyun or anyone from his pack, because this person was warm and soft, and he pushed further into the body. Jongin felt himself begin to relax into the person. His skin was prickling with an unusual kind of energy that was not at all unpleasant.

 

       He froze, however, when he realized that he did not know the person he was propped up against. He stiffened and pried his eyelids open. A pair of dark eyes rimmed by thick lashes met his gaze. It was a girl, and she was staring with him with just as much shock as he felt.

 

       Looking at the girl gave Jongin an odd sense of deja vu. The girl's face was pretty enough, with proportional features and a rounded chin, but what drew his attention was . Her pale face, almost blue in the light, was thrown into stark relief due to the bright red lips that stretched wide against her teeth, her canines rather sharp for the normal person. curled downwards, and it gave her a feral look.

 

       The girl drew backwards. "Who are you?"

 

       Jongin curled inwards and tried to hide himself under the furs that she had wrapped around him. If she found out about what he was, there would be trouble. His fingers shook as he gripped the furs to stay warm. 

 

       Understanding and fear flashed across her features as her intelligent eyes surveyed him, yet she didn't pull away from him, and that confused Jongin. She back pedaled from her statement. "What are you?"

 

       Another set of footsteps reached Jongin's ears, and he hoped it was Baekhyun, but was not sure. Unable to pull himself up, he groaned.

 

       "Someone is coming."

 

       The girl still looked at him in trepidation, but her features slowly softened and it seemed as though she had decided to trust him. Her head slowly tipped as she nodded.

 

       "Give me your arms."

 

       With that, Jongin wasted no time in using her weight to pull himself upright. Every bone in his body seemed to scream in protest at his every movement, and he very nearly screamed aloud out of sheer agony, but if the person headed towards the two of them was not Baekhyun, then there could be real trouble. As it was, Jongin was not even sure whether this girl in front of him was safe to trust or not.

 

       The girl made no expression as she silently hauled Jongin upwards and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter