Chapter 5

1997(Zico)

Nara

Plastic cups were tossed to the dirt already, careless and noisy whenever the soles of my boots crushed them. Seems to me like everyone here was young, eager, bored or not legal.

Convincing my grandmother to let me go didn't take any convincing at all. She reminded me to say no to drugs, avoid unprotected , and also to pull up my
shirt because my cleavage was making itself a .

Not even my skin tight skeleton shirt could forgive the stares I got from unknown eyes. It was not the fault of my attire, but simply the reason that no one had seen me around before.

Yuri walked beside me, digging her fingertips into my arm as she fervently dragged me to the ice and alcoholic beverages stand.

"Does anyone ever worry the police could show up at any moment?" I asked Yuri as she finished asking for two red solo cups of probably beer. The dark-haired girl shrugged her shoulders, as if the thought was not a very big one.

"Nothing we're doing is legal, though here it seems to feel as if it is. Not that no one's worried, it's that everyone is busy happily prancing around with something exciting to blabber around about," she explained to me briefly. "I never understood the purpose for secluding alcohol from us. We always get our hands on it, courtesy of the pastor's daughter, too."

I slightly laughed. Yuri reached behind her for the two cups, motioning me to grab the one. I simply took it, stared, and thought nothing too much of it. Maybe there wasn't poison in it.

The liquid never soothed my throat, rather burned it and continued to discomfort my empty stomach. It tasted like something fruity, yet lit with intoxication. "Imagine when the pastor finds out his daughter sleeps with most of the town and even distributes the alcohol," I breathed out, almost in awe that all of this seems to be completely oblivious to many of the adults. One of them not being my grandmother.

Yuri sipped her drink and chuckled against the rim. "Oh god, the whole town would be on night watch. We have a curfew, but really, when does anyone follow their curfew?"

"I don't know. But it surely isn't a priority in this place," I murmured, eyes scanning the scene before me.

A couple of cars were parked—group of people here and there. Even ones with books held to their faces appeared, munching on something legal while others smoked something twice as illegal. "I guess you could say that. None of us are really bad kids. We just do what feels fun," she told me, eyes searching for someone in the crowd.

My eyebrows furrowed. "Who are you looking for?"

"Mino. His birthday party is tomorrow and I want to make sure he's aware I'm coming so he better not invite Ji-young or I'll break his arm." Yuri sighed, the focus of her attention simply on this one guy she seems to really like.

My lips turned into an amused smile, eyebrows remaining furrowed from my slight confusion. "Why his arm? And who's Ji-young?" I questioned her
slowly.

With slight frustration, Yuri said, "Ji-young is some girl who doesn't seem to know the policies of dibs. We were friends up until she threw a greasy, french fry in my face and called me a slimy ." Dibs. They were probably fighting over this Mino guy, which I most likely would expect to be the total package because why else would these two girls want him? Unless I've misjudged the situation and Mino is wealthy.

"Who is Mino anyway?"

"The sweetest, hottest, and most breathtaking guy in town," Yuri gushed happily. And as she said so, my eyes fell upon Ji Ho. His loose, just trimmed hair pushed back from his face. Pink lips curved into a smirk as he approached his wide group of friends. Patting backs, genuinely laughing, and definitely looking so alluring in a pair of ripped jeans, a worn out band shirt, and a pair of Nikes.

"I can't agree on you with that," I breathed. My fingers practically crushed the plastic cup in my hands. My toes curled with excitement and my lip trapped itself between my teeth. All while my eyes welled up with want.

Yuri frowned and looked at my distracted self beside her. "What --..." her eyes fell upon the guy I was staring at. She immediately became amused. "Oh," she breathed. "Nara has a little summer love already?"

I nearly forgot to answer her. I forced my eyes away from him and looked down at the ruined, crushed plastic in my hand with little liquid left inside of it. "It's not. He's just really --"

"He's looking at you," Yuri sang, eyes staring down at me with humor and somewhat a bit of happiness for me.

A hand rose to cover over my heated cheek. "Oh God, is he really looking?"

"Oh yeah. And he's taking his time, that's for sure," she laughed, peeking glances at him before returning her attention to me. "He even his lips."

I almost did a little foot hop and placed a hand over my chest, just picturing his tongue sliding across his plump, soft looking pink lips. Dark brown eyes slowly
traveling down my figure. My heart was hammering, and I was acting like a love sick school girl with no brain and little experience.

Yuri laughed as she continued to tell me what he was doing. "Lip. Biting. Wow." She whispered, chuckling when I let out a sigh.

"I'm going to need a paramedic," I muttered.

"You definitely are because he just left his friends and he is walking over here!" She exclaimed. At the realization that I would be face to face with
him again, I inhaled sharply and quickly asked, "Do I look okay? This shirt isn't too tight right? Right?! And the shorts...the damn shorts," I blabbered aimlessly.

Yuri placed her hands on my shoulder, quietly said to me, "Relax. Your looks peachy and he'll totally be tempted to touch that fruit. And the shirt is just great. Now I'm going to just..." She trailed off, rapidly jogging away from me.

I frowned. " Yuri! Wait!" I called after her in a breath. She didn't bother turning around.

"There's my lucky charm." I heard a voice say behind me. That damn near heart-attack-giving piece of . I was almost upset over it.

I turned around and was immediately faced with that humorous smirk. With my heart in my throat, I managed to choke out, "Hey."

Ji Ho dug his hands into his pockets. His eyes found mine, bottom lip between his teeth. And I think I lost a lung in the moment he said, "You look really beautiful. As usual."

My mouth moved on its own. "Oh...uh thanks. You do too," I said, then after realizing what I said, I was too late because he was totally laughing at me by now. I stammered, "Oh, crap. That's uh...n-not what I was going for." Ji Ho chuckled and I tried to resist the urge to blush out of embarrassment.

"You're so cute," is all he said, with a shake of his head. This time I did blush, and very furiously. I watched his hand as he reached for mine, and in comparison to his I had such baby hands. He nudged his head to a direction and said, "C'mon, I'll introduce you to my friends before the race."

I bit my lip as he gazed at me, grabbed my left hand and began leading me to his group of very noisy and eager friends.

"Guys," Ji Ho called as we approached them. 2 dark haired guys, a blonde, a black haired, red haired and light brown haired all turned to Ji Ho, soon realizing the girl he stood next to.

"This is Nara," He told them and unfortunely, he let go of my hand.

"Hi, Nara. I'm Tae II." He politely introduced himself, stretching out his arms to offer me a hug. I didn't embrace his embrace. His brown eyes were somewhat comforting and he looked genuine.

"Min Hyuk," the black haired one said, waving his hand lazily. "I like your skeleton shirt," he complimented.

"Thanks."

"I'm Jae Hyo obviously, that's Yu Kwon, Kyung," the blonde-haired, pretty one finishes off, showing off a bright grin on his part.

Ji Ho stood there with a scoff plastered on his face, head shaking as if completely expecting all of this behaviour from his friends.

"I should have apologised sooner for this one," Ji Ho whispered into my ear, his hot breath warming my ear but I managed to smile in return.

The light brown haired one was the last to speak up. "Save the best for last, everyone. Look out because here comes the Ji Hoon train," he announced. His excited eyes made contact with mine. "I'm Ji Hoon."

"It's nice to me you guys," I tried th polite card, seeing as it was really hard to be rude to someone without overthinking.

Ji Ho was going to speak up until a skinny strawberry blonde with a mole one her cheek squeezed between the group and annouced, "Guys, Dal Soo broke his arm and he can't race tonight."

"What? Are you kidding me?" Kyung sighed, seemingly disappointed.

The strawberry blonde shrugged. "Sorry, boys. Find someone else then."

Kyung pressed his lips together. "Okay, thanks Ha Ni."

She soon exited. Harry ran a hand through his hair, shaking his head and muttering, "Well there goes all the planning."

"Not quite," Ji Hoon smirked. "You can always race against me."

Ji Ho's dark brown eyes seemed to brighten as he lowly teased, "It wouldn't be much of a competition."

Ji Hoon was silent as the group erupted in snickers and "oohs". He squinted his eyes and said, "I'll let you have your moment of glory. Only because you're trying to impress the girl."

It was set as Ji Ho eagerly rubbed his hands together before they shook on it. By this time, a crowd was gathering around them.

"Okay" Kyung announced loudly, placing a hand on Ji Joon's shoulder and the other on Ji Hoon's. "Safe race, boys. No purposely enforced damage and certainly no meddling on the rugged parts of the truck. Keep it clean just like you would your ."

"Well I hope you keep your clean," he added after, causing the crowd to laugh. His eyes wrinkled a bit at the way he grinned so ahppily. He was really knew how to keep a crowd interested. 

Ji Hoon was the first to get his car. Before Ji Ho had left to get his own, he turned to me and gazed down. He his lips and murmured, "Stay here instead, and watch me win for you."

"Okay," I softly said, feeling a small smile creep onto my lips as he turned away from me.

Seat belts on, rear mirrors in place, and engines roaring. Yuri giggled and found a place standing next to me, a perfect side view of Ji Ho's car. She grabbed my arm and gushed, "How was it?"

I grinned and leaned in, "He complimented me and introduced me to his friends. It was nothing too big."

"Says the girl who looked like a tomato salad from just a feet away," She remarked teasingly.

She shushed when I playfully slapped her shoulder. Ji Ho was smirking from insider his car, windows down as he leaned back into his seat. His eyes were briefly searching for mine, and when he found them, he winked and enjoyed the view.

He certainly looked good from this angle.

Yuri laughed beside me. Yu Kwon came and stood beside me. I was certain he saw everything because he teased, "He takes winking to another level. He's so dreamy!" His voice went so high.

Min Hyuk,  Jae Hyo and Kyung stood beside Yu Kwon, individually gushing. Jae Hyo gushed, "Oh gosh, Yu Kwon, I'm so not stable! What utter perfection! Heaven really took their time creating him!"

"And those lips," Yu Kwon continued his banter, a hand on his chest. I laughed at them with Yuri, really enjoying the way they were making things seemingly less awkward.

The strawberry blonde head, Ha Ni, stood in front of both cars, between them at a safe distance. She smirked and shifted her weight from one hip to the other. Their engines roared and I saw Ji Ho's smirk widen, eager to get driving.

When her hand flew down, the wheels burned and the dirt beneath them powdered into the air. The crowd cheered, already making predictions.