Chapter 4

1997(Zico)

The line was moving fast now since the last set of people were off. I was excited and it seemed like Yuri was, too. We chatted until we were getting strapped in. When the ride began, my heart felt like it would burst every time the cart would accelerate. It was breath taking, and terrifyingly exciting.

Yuri and I screamed and laughed throughout it, hearing other people on doing the same. My hair flew around, messy in the pony tail I had it in before. I found myself wondering how the brown-haired guy on the ride was reacting to the ride. I wondered if he was wondering about me, too.

I laughed as we got off of it, feeling a little off as I tried to adjust my hair. Yuri spoke about it beside me, stating how that was the only reason she would come every year, plus her mother owned a booth that she had to help run.

"Thanks for riding with me. We should hang out sometime." Yuri said, smiling up at me. "But right now, I have to go help my mother run the cotton candy booth."

My eyes widened a bit in recognition. "My grandmother knows your mom! Eun-Bi, right?"

"Yeah!" She exclaimed. "Does your grandmother happen to be Iseul?"

I nodded. "You can just come by when you're bored. I'm staying with her."

"Dude, that's great! And I get bored fast, so maybe even tomorrow we can hang out."

"Perfect." I stated.

She then quickly left to help by the cotton candy booth as I continued to roam the area. I came across a kissing booth, laughing to myself and shaking my head as I saw blonde behind it, applying a fresh coat of lip gloss.

"Giovanna, you try too hard to get them over here," I heard a darker tanned girl with curly hair tell her.

"Ugh, I just really want to kiss Xavier or how about all of them." She laughed as I walked by. Her eyes briefly watched me before she went back to her conversation. I stood at the horse carousel, grabbing onto the metal fence as I watched the little kids there going around and around with their parents watching with smiles, snapping pictures and even some with younger children on the carousel.

From the other side, I saw him . It was so sudden that I didn't have time to inhale properly. He stood there with a black-haired friend this time, waving at a little boy on a blue horse that waved back with a giggle.

He grinned, putting his hand down and speaking with his friend. I watched him from afar, like a creepy stalker. He was just so...indescribable. My heart melted and I swooned the more I stared at him like a hawk. I finally looked away and stood there quietly, admiring the lights of the carousel and the adorable little kids on them.

Then I walked back to the cotton candy booth where Grandma, Yuri, and her mother were all standing in chatter as not many people were approaching the booth anymore.

"Hey," I spoke to Grandma to get her attention as I finally made it to them.

She turned and smiled. "Eun-Bi," she signalled to the the woman that looked a lot like Yuri. The woman looked down at me with a hospitable smile.

"This is my granddaughter, Nara."

"Hey, Nara. It's nice to meet you." She politely said to me, reaching out to shake my hand. I contently gave it to her to shake. When I pulled away, I smiled and told her, "It's nice to meet you, too. I met Yuri a half hour ago."

"Really?"

Yuri nodded. "Yeah. I didn't have anyone to ride the Zipper with, and she was standing in line by herself so, it happened."

"That's great," Grandma gushed. "I like Yuri. She's another tolerable teenager."

It seemed as if Eun-Bi and Yuri were used to hearing my grandmother speak this way. They only grinned and shook their heads, finding it playful.

"How do you like the fair so far?" Eun-Bi asked me.

"The results of the baking contest are coming soon."

"Yeah, I've heard. And it's great, I really like it." I stated nonchalantly. The time went by quickly, and before I knew it we were standing in front of a stage where I suppose a well known man stood loudly talking to the crowd of people standing in front of it. I stood beside Yuri on the far end, looking up at the loud, chubby man.

"You all know me as Won-sang, the bakery guy. But I take this here seriously. This contest has been going on for ten years, and every year it gets better," he announced, and the crowd clapped, but he interrupted them.

"Whoa, whoa! I was not finished! Let a brother speak!" Laughter left the majority of the crowd, including me.

As he spoke, I began to scan the crowd beside me. And at doing so, I found him standing there faster, closer than I thought he would. I was standing five feet from the friend beside him, and he stood behind him with an amused smile as he watched Won-sang speak to the audience.

I turned away quickly, blushing madly. I peeked on my other side, seeing Yuri too busy talking to Grandma to notice me. A sigh escaped my mouth before I continued to listen to Won-sang. Not a minute later, I felt myself grow hotter. I took another peek at him. I found, that this time, he was staring at me.

My body slightly shook with a chill. I blushed furiously again, not seeing how it was possible to blush so much. I grinned meekly when his right eye dropped into a wink, surprising me a bit but I only looked away and struggled to wipe the grin off my face.

The girl who took my strawberries did not win, and she seemed undoubtedly crushed. I have no idea why this meant so much to her, but the black haired who was with him had wrapped his arms around the thirteen year-old and hugged her.

A boy about the same age as her grinned like a madman, wearing the medal around his neck with a cocky grin. Then, I got an idea why she cared so much.

I left with Grandma soon after, not before seeing him again. I turned my head and he was walking towards the parking lot with his friends, eyes already trained on me. I held back a smile, looking away briefly until I saw he had stepped on the back of the black haired shoe and nearly tumbled to the ground. A laugh escaped my lips and I saw him turn rapidly and laugh to himself, knowing that he's the reason for my sudden amusement. It was cute. He was so cute.

"What are you laughing at?" Grandma asked me as we approached the car.

My eyes finally removed themselves from him, who was being tugged into a car by his oblivious friends.

"Nothing."