The Coffee Shop

The Attic

        the following morning Baekhyun went through his morning routine of showering, getting dressed and eating his breakfast, immediately after he finished he began to read through the journal again. he wasn't sure how much he had read or how long he had been sitting at the table when his phone started ringing. "hell-" he was cut off by the yelling and nagging of his friend, reminding him that they made plans to meet at a coffee shop not far from his place "i will kill you if you are late Byun Baekhyun" he couldn't help the chuckle that slipped at his friends words.

       hanging up the phone he placed a book mark on the page he was about to read 12/12/51.. seems i got farther than i thought i did.. i’m nearly half way through it now.. after pulling on his shoes and applying his beloved eyeliner Baekhyun grabbed his bag and headed out of the apartment.  once he made it to the cafe he quickly found his friend. sitting across from him he quietly listened to his nagging.

      after a while of the silence Baekhyun looked up from the journal  "is it possible to love someone you have never met?" Kai  looked up from what he was writing, slowly closing the notebook he sighed softly looking him over curiously "you mean like when you see a cute guy on the street?" Baekhyun frowned looking down at the paper in his hand "no, i mean someone who you never met, you have only seen a old photo of them" Kai watched him confused, taking a drink of his coffee  he let out a breath "i suppose anything is possible Baek.. why do you ask?" he looked up at his best friend, slowly holding out the old worn out picture.
     taking a deep breathe he looked out the window "i found something last night in my attic.." looking over the old picture Kai looked up at him "what was it?" Baekhyun smiled sadly, watching as rain slowly started to fall on the almost empty streets "his story" 

    12/24/51
its Christmas eve, my second Christmas away from home.. i think i can speak for all of us when i say we wished we would have been home this year, i got a letter from my sister.. mothers sickness has gotten worse and she has little to no money to take care of her. almost all of the men i called friend have been killed or have gone missing, i keep wondering if i will be next.. will they send my boots and journal back home to my dying mother soon for Christmas? 


         Kai sighed out softly, watching Baekhyun in deep thought as he finished reading the page "who is he?" he asked softly after what felt like ages "Oh Sehun.. that's all i know, i guess someone who knew him lived in my apartment, i found a box of his things in the attic, its how i found the book" Kai nodded softly, looking out the window he took in a soft breathe "i don't know Baek, i suppose its normal to think you love someone when you read their personal thoughts like that" Baekhyun was about to open his mouth to speak when someone interrupted him "kai!"  

1/1/52
happy new year i suppose, its cold and snowing really hard. we can hardly see anything more than two feet ahead,  perhaps with more men we can end this sooner and get home. then again i hate the idea of pulling more people away from their families. my bunk mate was telling me about how he would have been getting married today if he were at home, instead hes sending his picture and ring home to his girl for safe keeping 

 

        Baekhyun looked up at the tall male, he had curly shaggy hair that was almost the color of rust, a big goofy smile and bright brown eyes. looking over at the almost.. scary short male behind him Baekhyun waved lightly at him letting the other two talk and laugh "i'm Baekhyun" he said bowing his head politely "Kyungsoo" the other bowed his head back moving to stand closer to him, peaking over at what he was holding "hes handsome" Baekhyun nodded softly looking over at Kyungsoo smiling "he is, isn't he?" 
after Kyungsoo and his friend left Kai started rambling on about the tall male he was talking to, telling Baekhyun that he too is a art major and that the two would have lots of classes and such together. "his name is Chanyeol, hes really nice and single" Kai gave him that 'i'm hinting at something' face before grabbing his things and getting up, declaring that he must leave to get his things together before classes start tomorrow.  

2/2/52
for once we see hope in this awful war, it seems as if our army has grown three sizes. the enemy  is slowly retreating and i think we may actually be able to go home soon.

       Once Baekhyun returned home he changed his cloths and got into bed, taking out the journal he decided to read just one more chapter before falling  asleep

2/5/52
i got a letter from my sister last night... she told me about how school is going and all the normal things, but at the end she told me the worst news i could ever hear at this point..
....my mother is dead..