Final

The Attic

 

                 It was the last day that Baekhyun would be working at the cafe, he goes back to classes in a week so Tao agreed when he said that he thought it best he quit a week before, so there he was, playing with one of the pens he found in the cash register, most people were smart and took final vacations before the end of summer so the cafe was near empty, a few students here and there studying or chatting.

 

           Sehun came into work late that day, he had been acting strange the past few days, leaving early, showing up late, some days he looked as if he didn't get any sleep. Because of him hardly being around, and avoiding all of Baekhyuns calls and texts he was completely unaware that it would be his last day working with the other.

           He was oddly grumpy and distant today so of course Baekhyun knew something was up, he finally snapped when they were cleaning up the cafe to close and Sehun ignored him when he asked for a towel "what the is your problem today?!?" Sehun and Tao both jumped at the sudden outburst, neither had ever heard him yell before so it was quite a shock to them, Tao slowly set down the cup he was drying before slowly backing out of the room, not wanting to get hit with the crossfire of Baekhyuns annoyance. 

 

           Sehun on the other hand ignored it and continued to wipe the table down, putting the chairs on it once he was done, this only made Baekhyun more mad, he stopped over hitting him on the back of the head "ow! what the ?" Sehun then turned his attention to him as of demanding an explanation "what the is up with you?!?" Baekhyun yelled back repeating his question "don't worry about it." Sehun tried to turn away but Baekhyun stepped in front of him "I will worry about it. You're being a , you have been ignoring my calls and texts for weeks Sehun. I want to know why" sighing loudly Sehun tossed the towel aside "I'm just dealing with some stuff. Don't worry about it Baekhyun. Why don't you keep your bumpkin nose in your own damn business for once" Sehun snapped out of his anger seeing the others face change, immediately regretting the words that just left his mouth "Baekhyun I-" Baekhyun held his hand up to stop him, dropping the towel "don't. You made your point." Taking off his apron he tossed it at Sehuns feet, storming out of the cafe into the rain.

 

 


                 Class started the following week and Sehun still hasn't seen Baekhyun, he tried to call him and text him every day after it happened but he never got answered. Days slowly turned to weeks and weeks turned to three months, it was a oddly sunny day out, mid November when Sehun saw Baekhyun again, his once black hair is now dyed a dirty blonde, he was wearing a long fuzzy sweater, ripped up faded jeans and black high tops. taking off his sun glasses as he walked in, stepping up to the counter he looked up from his phone, smiling widely at Tao "long time no see Tao, how are you?" Tao smiled lightly ringing up his drink "I'm good baek, how are you?" Nodding lightly he shrugged "busy as ever" handing him his drink Tao nodding "you look good" Baekhyun simply smiled going to sit in his old booth as he took a sip of his drink.
             Once almost all the people were gone from the cafe Sehun walked over to the booth, lightly tapping it "Baek..?" Baekhyun looked up trying his best to hold a cold face even though he could feel his chest beating a million times faster just from seeing the other, his voice as smooth as ever yet hesitant to talk to him this time "Sehun.." He simply replied "it's been months.. You haven't replied to any of my calls, I stopped by your house a few times too" Baekhyun let out a bitter laugh standing up, still having to look up at the other, it took all he had in him to not hug Sehun and apologize for his ty attitude "I was dealing with stuff" he replied coldly putting his glasses back on before walking past him, leaving the cafe.

 


 
                   Baekhyun was walking around campus waiting for his last class when he spotted a familiar man standing under a tree with a small girl, they seemed to be having a important and heated conversation, Baekhyun was about to walk away when it happened, the girl leaned over to Sehun and kissed him. Baekhyun could feel his heart breaking at the sight before him, even though Sehun pushed her away and was yelling at her he still felt the tears weld up in his eyes "S-Sehun..?" The name came out chocked and quiet but it still got the others attention, the girl looking pissed and Sehun looking guilty "Baek- it's not what you think I promise" Baekhyun quickly wiped his eyes before pulling his hood up walking as fast as he could away from there, forgetting about the class.

 



                    He stopped walking and looked around noticing he was in a park, he leaned agents one of the trees, dropping his bag next to him not noticing that Sehun had been following him, looking around frantically, he spotted him under the tree when the sky started to get darker, a deep rumble of thunder masking the sound of Sehun walking up to him, before Baekhyun could see him and run again Sehun decided to speak while he could  "it was a attempt at a business merge with my dad and a friend of his" Baekhyuns head shot up to look at him, about to leave again when he heard the others words "w-what" his voice was quiet and horse but Sehun could still hear him, stepping closer he gently wiped the tears and eyeliner that was running down the others cheeks "it was a business merge. I told them I didn't want to do it but they didn't understands" Sehun used his sleeves to wipe the rest off the others face, pushing his hair from his face "why didn't you want to do it?" Sehun hummed softly continuing to rub his hair "I kinda like someone already- I might love him" Baekhyun closed his eyes, pushing the other away to walk away again when he was pushed agents the tree, a pare of soft lips were on his, strong  hands holding his waist and neck firmly, Baekhyun blinked shocked at the sudden action once he registered what had happened he leaned into the other. returning the kiss, his hands wrapping into the taller males hair. They slowly pulled away when the need for air got to be too much for them, resting his head on Baekhyuns Sehun spoke softly, his words making Baekhyuns heart speed up and his cheeks go pink.

 

 

 

 


"I love you Baekhyun"

 

 

 

"I... love you too.. Sehun...."

 

 

 

 

 

 

Well, i finally got this edited and out, i hope you all liked the story. thank you all so much for reading and commenting i love reading them~  i will probably start another story sometime soon. 

again thank you all for reading and commenting, i hope to see and hear from you in my next story(s) 

-SJG