The Box

The Attic

         Baekhyun stepped out of the taxi, looking around the streets before looking up at the apartment. taking a sharp breathe he picked up his bags and sighed out Guess i’m home now walking into the apartment he looked around the room setting his bags down.

    nearly three hours later he looked around the now unpacked apartment, deciding to call his one friend in the new place and the whole reason he actually came here. after the third ring a familiar voice answered the phone "have you settled in alright?" Baekhyun chuckled softly nodding his head even though the other couldn't see it "i am yeah, the place is great." looking around he stopped, his gaze fixed on the door to the attic. going around the room he hummed and 'yeah'ed his friend pretending to listen to him rant on about his new boyfriend. 
once he found the key to the room he stopped, finally tuning back into the conversation to cut the other off. he knew he would get for this later but he did it anyways "hey Jongin, i need to go. i'll see you tomorrow okay?" before the other could yell at him he quickly hung up the phone, rushing to unlock the door.

    he looked around the dark dusty room, it was mostly empty. a few covered mirrors and old things like that scattered around the room, he was about to leave when a wooden crate in the corner caught his attention, he walked over looking it over before picking it up and leaving the room.
setting the crate on his coffee table he opened it up, inside he found coins from nearly six different places, what looked like a old rusted water jug, what he assumed to be a journal and a dusty folded uniform so old it looked like it would snap if Baekhyun were to pick it up. leaning back agents the couch he opened the journal, a few pages falling out onto his lap as he did so. looking at them he saw most of them were letters he didn't dare attempt to open, setting them on the table with the other things he tilted his head, slowly picking up the picture he looked at the neat writing on the back of it Oh Sehun, 1950. turning it around so he could see his heart felt as if it stopped as he looked at the man.

    taking the journal into his room Baekhyun sat on the bed, opening it he began reading the first entry. his luck half the date at the top was smudged on most of the pages but he read along anyways 

6/25/50
war just struck upon my own home town, though my mother tried to stop me from doing it i couldn't sit back and watch those s take my home and family away any longer. i had to lie about my age to get in thankfully at this point they are so desperate that they are sending every man from ages 18 to 50, i sent a picture home to my family and hope it wont be the last they see of me, i was told by one of the other men to keep a picture of my self with my things just in case they have to identify me for my family. i’m praying that wont happen, the last thing my mother needs is to bury another one of her sons.. 


    Baekhyun could feel his heart break as he finished reading the first page in the book, slowly turning it to the next page he squinted at the date, hardly able to see what it was.

7/2/50
its been almost a full week. i miss my family.. i miss hearing my sister rush in from her school happily telling me about her new friends, i miss the smell of my mothers cooking but most of all i miss the warmth of my bed. 
the boy i grew up with got shot right before my eyes last night, in panic we all started to take cover and fire into the darkness, i was scared for my life last night, so much so that i thought i actually smelt my mothers cooking again.. i want this to end so i can go home.. 
wait for me mom.. i'll be home soon

    Looking up at the clock Baekhyun closed the book, placing the picture on top of it he slowly curled up into bed, looking at the wall in thought as he slowly faded into sleep. 

 

First chapter!! its short i know but im enjoying this story and i hope you all like it also. i will start up on the next chapter soon -SJG