The stupid weather.

I Like You Best

Dongwoon’s P.O.V

I curse you weather for having “mood swings”. It was so hot this morning, then it was windy, then it got cloudy and cold, then it was so hot again and now it’s raining. Gee. The school was having its annual mile race and the guys and I just decided to walk the whole thing – it was our last year anyway. When we started walking, the whole school turned and watched us and laughed. Oh well. Then when we finished our mile “walk”, it started raining.

I tried to run into the buildings as quick as possible, trying not to get too wet or else, I, Son Dongwoon, would look like a drowned rat instead of the very handsome guy I wanted to appear as if I ran into IU. But then, due to everyone else frantically trying to protect their hair and makeup and what not, people were being pushed and shoved everywhere for the desperate need for cover from the rain, I ended up getting soaked.

What was the point of them getting made up anyway? It was a sport day where everyone was going to get hot and sweaty. People these days...

When I finally got into the building, I realised that my t-shirt was skin tight on my chest...

Our uniform was white too...

I quickly pulled the shirt off my skin so it hung loosely on me – I didn’t want any girls ing on me... I’d feel so violated.

Gikwang, Doojoon, Hyunseung, Junhyung and Yoseob were all standing by the vending machines so I walked over to them and offered to buy them drinks. I started with Doojoon and while I was selecting the drink from the machine, I noticed that Yoseob was talking with a girl who was soaked and had a messy bun. At least this girl had some commonsense not to straighten or curl their hair or something when it was a sporting event like this. I tried to get a better view of who it was but with people pushing and shoving everywhere, there were people always blocking my view of who it was. I sighed in defeat.

“DONGWOON! HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE YOU TO PRESS THE BUTTON ON THE VENDING MACHINE AND BUY THE DRINK?!” yelled Junhyung over the noise of the crowd. “I WANT MY COKE ALREADY!”

“SORRY!”

I quickly shoved money in the vending machine and bought the drinks for my hyungs. Because Yoseob was standing a fairly close distance to the vending machine and was yelling, I overheard the conversation between him and the girl.

“How did you go in the race?” I heard him ask.

“First in my age group.”

“Again?! Waah! My ...” The rest of what he said was muffled out by the sudden rush of people running towards the bathrooms.

After giving Junhyung his precious coke, I turned to Yoseob to ask him what he wanted and saw that it was IU he was speaking to. She. Came. First in her race. And, she still looked amazing, with that messy bun despite being soaked. She was pretty much the epitome of perfect.

Yoseob glanced at me and smiled.

“Dongwoon, this is my friend Lee Jieun. Jieun, this is my friend Son Dongwoon” said Yoseob.

I smiled at her and bowed. My heart was about to pop out of my chest. He introduced us! I was going to shout Yoseob so much food later that he’ll have enough food to feed himself and the whole of Seoul for the rest of his life.

Yoseob glanced back and forth between us and smiled.

“I’ll choose my own drink Dongwoon. You guys can talk to each other,” said Yoseob, before patting my shoulder and turning away to the vending machine.

I stepped closer to her and noticed that she was blushing. Ahh she was so cute! I smiled at her. Thank God I wasn’t so wet that I looked like a drowned rat. I glanced around and saw that some girls were totally checking me out. That reassured me that I looked pretty good – IU, this is all just for you. Kekeke... Umma, Appa, I thank you for my looks.

“Umm... so I heard you came first for your age group,” I said.

“Y-y-es. I did.”

“Congratulations.”

“Thank You.”

Then the conversation died. I wanted to continue talking to her but I was so nervous. This was getting pretty awkward... I couldn’t just blurt out that she was the most prettiest girl I have ever seen, despite how much I wanted to – I might scare her off before anything happens. We just stood there, awkwardly looking each other and smiling.

“Dongwoon Sunbae...I—uhh.... have to go now, my friend is waiting for me and she’ll kill me if she waits too long... Nice meeting you!” said IU.

 “Nice meeting you too!”

And she disappeared into the crowd.

I turned back to Yoseob and the others.

They were all looking at me expectantly.

“Yes?”

No answer.

“STOP LOOKING AT ME LIKE THAT!”

They all started laughing.

“You like her don’t you? That was the Jieun you mentioned the other day right?” asked Gikwang.

“Hey I didn’t get you a drink yet!”

“Stop trying to change the subject Dongwoon!” cried Hyunseung.

“It was her wasn’t it?” smiled Doojoon.

I nodded.

“She’s pretty hot,” stated Junhyung.

I shot him daggers.

“She’s not “hot”. She’s beautiful. She’s goddess-like. She’s the prettiest girl in the entire universe.” I replied, bluntly.

“Ahh! Look at our Maknae. So wise, so... in love with her,” laughed Doojoon.

“Aren’t you glad I introduced you?” asked Yoseob.

I tackled him into a hug.

 “YES! HYUNG! I WILL BUY YOU AS MUCH FOOD AS YOU LIKE! WHEN YOU’RE HUNGRY, JUST COME TO ME!”

He laughed and I stepped back.

Gikwang suddenly spoke.

“So when are you going to ask her out?”