Looks like someone is crushing ;)

I Like You Best

 

IU's P.O.V

“IU UNNI!”

My best friend Kang Jiyoung’s voice interrupted my thoughts. We were sitting under a tree at lunch studying and she was telling me about… what was she telling me about? I made a face.

Jiyoung continued to talk.

“Unni! Where has your mind been these few days? You’ve zoned out a lot these few days and you…you seem to randomly smile throughout the day… and..." She lit up like a lightbulb. 

"OMG! DO YOU?!"

That caught my attention. I then gave her a sly smile.

“Do I what?”

“Well come to think of it, the last time you were like this was when you liked Thunder Oppa. SO! WHO IS IT?”

Jiyoung beamed. 

“What are you talking about?” I laughed.

“You know what I’m talking about. Don’t you?”

I chuckled. I knew exactly what she was talking about. It was just fun to get her confused. Time to add fuel to the fire.

“Don’t I what?”

“What?!”cried Jiyoung.

“What?” I replied.

Confusion filled Jiyoung’s face. Ahhh… she looked like a lost puppy.

I started laughing.

“Eh? WHY ARE YOU LAUGHING?” cried Jiyoung.

“What are you talking about?”

“UNNI! STOP IT! Please just tell me who it is?” Jiyoung then pouted.

“You *laugh* should have *laugh* seen your face” *laugh*

“Lee Jieun, you are so mean. Pleaaaaase just tell me? I am your best friend after all.”

I smiled.

Then a group of six guys walked past. They were all laughing and talking happily. I quickly scanned their faces and… saw that he was part of that group. I sat there with a poker face. He turned away from a short-ish guy that looked really familiar but any recollection of him disappeared as Dongwoon looked at me and smiled. I felt that hot flush creep up my face. I slowly smiled back and stared at him after he walked past. I reluctantly tore my gaze away.

Was I really developing a crush on him? I thought about him a lot… but he’s not the type of guy that I’d go for… I don’t know… But I think I do like him...

Suddenly, Jiyoung started tugging my arm and squealed, once again, tearing myself away from my thoughts.

“I TOTALLY SAW THAT! WAS THAT HIM?! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!” squeaked Jiyoung, while furiously shaking my arms.

I grinned at her.

“IT TOTALLY WAS HIM! YOU LIKE HIM RIGHT?!”

“I guess …?”

As soon as those words left my lips, I swear the whole school heard Jiyoung scream. I face-palmed myself and looked around awkwardly. People were giving us looks. I nervously laughed. We weren’t weird… Not weird at all…

“What’s his name?”

I whispered his name.

“What? There’s no one around to hear you, IU. Please speak up.”

“S-son Dongwoon.”

My heart suddenly fluttered. My face grew hot. I swear my face was even redder than a fire truck and tomato combined - if that was even possible. My hands flew up to my face; I was desperately trying to cool my face down. Oh gosh.

“AHHH! YOU DO SERIOUSLY LIKE HIM! LOOK AT YOUR FACE!” laughed Jiyoung.

I quickly grabbed my water bottle and held it against my cheeks.

“YAH! KANG JIYOUNG! ARE YOU PLANNING TO TELL THE WHOLE WORLD?!”

She continued laughing. I sighed in defeat and covered my face with my textbook, yet despite this… embarrassment of sorts, I couldn’t help think about him smiling at me as he walked past us earlier.