Perfect

I Like You Best

 

So before you guys read this chapter, I would like to thank you for reading it. My first fanfic has come to an end and I hope you all have enjoyed reading it :)  AHH.. I feel so accomplished :D

Special thanks to @igotloveandlight for helping me when I was stuck on ideas or characters to include :D

 

Dongwoon’s P.O.V

 

Tonight was the night of the school mid-year charity dinner. I loved whoever made it compulsory for both my grade and IU’s grade to attend. I have to find her tonight. I gave myself two weeks to confess to her and this was the end of those two weeks.

I stood in front of the mirror and fixed my hair and tie. I knotted the dark red satin tie and straightened it. Good enough. The whole group was going to be dressed in all black – just with different coloured ties. I checked my watch. 6pm. The dinner started at six-thirty. I grabbed all the stuff I needed and walked to Doojoon’s house.

As soon as I arrived, everyone was ready. Yoseob was missing though.

“Hyung!” I called out to Doojoon, “Where’s Yoseob?”

“His parents needed to go somewhere and the school was along the way so they just dropped him off. It was easier to go to school than come here,” shrugged Doojoon.

I nodded and we all headed off to school.

As soon as we walked in, I was surprised at how nice the hall looked. I scanned the room, hoping to find IU. I saw Yoseob in the crowd, pointing at us. I waved. There was a girl in a red dress who had her back towards us. She turned around. It was IU. I finally found her, a week after she gave me the confession note. She looked so beautiful I nearly died. She had a puffy red dress and a loose side braid. I chuckled. We matched too, her dress with my red tie.

I looked right at her and smiled. Perfect. I was going to confess tonight. As I walked closer to her, she suddenly ran in my direction. My heart pounded against my ribs. Then as soon as she came towards me, I started reaching my arm out, but to my surprise, she ran right past me. What? I looked at Yoseob. He just shrugged.

“IU! IU! Where are you going?!” I yelled.

No answer. I sighed. I needed to go after her or else I might not find her for the rest of the night which meant that I wouldn’t be able to see her in the holidays.

She ran surprisingly fast in heels, but I was able to tail her pretty well. She suddenly turned a corner and ran out of the building, into the gardens. I ran after her and BANG! I ran straight into the glass doors. I swore under my breath and clutched my nose in pain. Hopefully nothing broke. Stupid school. Having glass doors was an accident waiting to happen – and here it did. Stupid stupid glass doors which might possibly stop me from finding IU. I sat on ground and sighed, while still clutching my nose and rubbing my throbbing forehead. Then suddenly, a miracle happened.

“Dongwoon Sunbae? Are you ok?” trembled the voice.

I looked up. It was IU. She slowly helped me get up.

“Sunbae? Are you ok?”

I stared at her beautiful face…and pulled her in for a hug. She got all tense and leaned back to look at me.

“Sunbae! What are you doing?!”

“Lee Jieun, I like you too. Ever since the first day I saw you, I fell for you. Jieun, I like you.”

She then hugged me back.

“So the note…?”

I laughed.

“You’ll never guess how happy I was when I read it.”

She looked up at me and smiled. I felt as if my heart was pounding so loudly that the whole school could hear.

“Does your face still hurt?”

I had totally forgotten about that. Now that she reminded me, my forehead started throbbing again.

“Is my nose like…bleeding or anything?”

She laughed.

“Nup. Your forehead is a bit red though. Are you sure you’re ok? How could you not see the glass door? Or remember it was there? You’re a senior and you still forgot that there are glass doors at this school,” she laughed.

“It was your fault Jieun-ah. You ran so I chased after you and I guess I forgot?”

“IU, call me IU.”

“Well, IU, call me Oppa."

She laughed, pulled away from the hug and slipped her hand into mine. It was soft and fit perfectly in mine.

“Oppa, we should really head back, before we miss the beginning of the dinner.”

We then walked back to the hallway and found our table where, surprisingly, Jiyoung was sitting with Yoseob and the others, with just two seats left for me and IU. As soon as we approached, the guys started smiling and Jiyoung squealed, which turned the heads of our classmates on the next table.

“GUYS! FINALLY!” cried Doojoon.

I looked at IU and smiled. She looked down, blushing.

“Dongwoon, why is your forehead and nose red?” asked Gikwang.

“Umm…. Long story…SO! When will the food be served?”

Gikwang puffed his cheeks and looked down, disappointed.

IU clasped her hands together.

“Ahh! I’m so hungry!” she said.

Jiyoung nudged her and smiled.

“You guys look so cute together! You have no idea how long we were waiting for this day to happen!”

I laughed.

“Well, I’ve been dreaming for this day to come.”

As the food came out and as the night went on, we all had a great time. By the time the dinner ended, I was so happy that I was going to burst. I offered to walk IU home and she agreed.

As we reached her house, she hugged me and whispered.

“Dongwoon Oppa, this day was perfect. Thank you.”

I kissed her cheek. She let out a soft giggle and shyly looked away.

Tonight was perfect. A perfect start to the days to come.