SHE DID IT!

I Like You Best

IU’s P.O.V

I lay down in my bed and stared blankly at my ceiling.

 Hmm... To confess or not confess? That was the question.

 It’s not like I planned to in the first place – Jiyoung and Yoseob Oppa sprung the idea on me so fast that I nearly fell upon the impact.

But then again, I kind of want to confess because they only have a semester of school left and who knows, something might happen. Yoseob did say something along the lines of Dongwoon liking me as well... Dongwoon told me that there were guys in both his grade and my grade admired me... But no matter what, Dongwoon will be my one and only; I’ve never felt this way about someone before. He was not close to my ideal type at all, he did not have any similar features of my past crushes.... but there was something about him that caught me by surprise. In my eyes, everything about him was perfect.

I guess I was about to confess to him in person last Friday in the garden above the music building but... when I was going to say it, I said that I left my rabbit in my shoe instead. Seriously IU? What was that? He probably thinks you’re extremely weird now.   

Hmm... How to confess... Then it came to me! I’ll just give him a note! I jumped off my bed and headed to my desk. I started digging through my drawer until I found a pretty sheet of paper. The paper was white with clusters of rainbow stars. Perfect. Before I actually wrote on that paper, I pulled out a notepad and planned what to write. After about ten times of fixing the length and what to say in the letter, I started writing on the starry paper as slowly and as neatly as possible.

After nearly an hour, I was done. I smiled to myself. This was not going to fail.

 

Next Day

 

I ran up to Jiyoung as she walked into the school gates.

“JIYOUNG-AH! I’VE GOT IT!”

“Got what?”

“I have a fail-proof way of confessing to Dongwoon!”

“Really what is it?”

I waved the neatly folded note in her face. Her eyes widened and she grabbed it off me and quickly read it.

“I knew you’d do it,” she smiled.

I beamed back at her. I turned my head and saw Yoseob walking into the school. Jiyoung, still holding the note ran up to him and waved it around. I ran after her.

“SUNBAE! LOOK! IU UNNI WROTE A CONFESSION LETTER!”

I put my hands over .

“JIYOUNG! ARE YOU PLANNING TO TELL THE WHOLE SCHOOL?! STOP YELLING OK?!”

She nodded and I slowly put my hand down.

Jiyoung looked at me and pouted.

“Awww. IU, I was just excited for you.”

She handed Yoseob the letter and he read it. He smiled and ruffled my hair.

“When are you going to give it to him?”

“When he walks through those gates!”

“You do realise that he’s coming now?” said Yoseob and he pointed down the street.

I leaned over and there he was. My heart started beating super fast. OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!

“GUYS! GO HIDE SOMEWHERE!” I hissed as I snatched the note from Yoseob.

“Why don’t we just go and wait for you in the buildings?” asked Jiyoung.

“NOO! Hide somewhere where he won’t see you but somewhere where I’ll see you. I need some moral support!”

They then quickly ran off to hide behind a bush and I stood there, nervously waiting for Dongwoon.

As soon as he walked in, I slowly approached him.

“Dongwoon Sunbae?”

He looked at me with surprise... and pulled out his earphones. I mentally face-palmed myself. Of course he’d be listening to music.

“Sorry, what did you say?”

I shyly handed him the note while looking down, not wanting to look him in the eyes. Gosh I was so nervous! I glanced back to where Jiyoung and Yoseob were... and saw that they got up from behind the bush and went running for the buildings. I swear I was going to murder them later.

I turned back to staring at my hands which were holding the note and I saw that Dongwoon had reached out to take it. As soon as he was about to open it, I ran for my life in the direction that Yoseob and Jiyoung ran.   

I had Music with Jiyoung first period so I ran there, finding her pacing the corridor in front of our classroom with Yoseob. I ran up to her and burst into tears. I couldn’t believe I had done it. What if I made a fool out of myself?

After I stopped crying, I straightened myself up and fixed my hair. I let out a large puff of air. I felt like as if I held my breath for the whole time. Jiyoung and Yoseob were beaming at me.

“CONGRATULATIONS!” they cheered, “You did it!”

I smiled at them and felt my face. It was so warm! My heart was still racing and somehow, I didn’t think it would stop anytime soon.

“I can’t believe I did it!”

“We were betting that you weren’t going to be able to do it,” laughed Yoseob.

I stuck my tongue out at him.

“Well I did! And WHY THE HECK DID YOU GUYS RUN AWAY?!”

“We were scared!”Insisted Yoseob.

“He’s your friend! Why were you scared?”

Jiyoung hugged me again.

“Unni! Your face is VERY red!”

I sighed and just let it go. I then fanned myself with my textbook in a desperate attempt to cool down my face and when the bell rang, Yoseob left us and we walked into the classroom.

For the next three hours, my heart rate still hadn’t slowed down and my face was still red. Oh gosh. Who knew that giving Dongwoon a confession letter would make me react like this!

By the time lunch had come around, I had finally calmed down and as we walked to our lockers, knowing that Dongwoon was walking this way from his class, I covered my face and hid among the crowd of students.

 I had to avoid him at all costs. I was not ready to talk to him about this, not ready for him to come to me and ask about the note - if he would ever come.