A confession?

I Like You Best

IU’s P.O.V

Same day as Dongwoon and Doojoon in the library

I was walking down the corridor when Jiyoung and Yoseob came running towards me. I had a major mind-blank... Since when did they... I never knew that they were friends...I stood there, staring at them as they came closer towards me and linked arms with me – Jiyoung on my right and Yoseob on my left.

“What are you guys doing?” I cried.

Jiyoung laughed.

“Come on! Tell me!”

“You’ll see!” chirped Yoseob.

As we walked through the corridors, people gave us weird looks. I smiled awkwardly at them. After about five minutes of being dragged around the school, we all ended up on the roof of the music block where there was a bench surrounded by a little garden. I didn’t even know this was up here. It was so pretty. Jiyoung and Yoseob dragged me to the bench and pushed me down to sit on it. They both stood next to each other and smiled at me. I looked up at them.

“Why did you guys drag me all the way up here?” I demanded.

They looked at each other and smiled. Wait... they... can’t be dating right? They would’ve mentioned something to me...My eyes widened.

“YOU GUYS ARE DATING?!”

“WHAT THE HECK?!”

“NO! WE JUST GOT TOGETHER TO GET YOU AND DONGWOON TOGETHER!” yelled Jiyoung.

I stared at them.

“What!? Why would you do that...?”

Yoseob flicked my forehead. I glared at him, pouted and rubbed my forehead.

“You guys are crazy about each other. Don’t you know that? All Dongwoon talks about all day is you.” Replied Yoseob.

Jiyoung nodded. “You should totally confess to him before they leave; only two weeks and one semester left! You’ve been crushing on him for nearly six months! After all what could go wrong?”

“You guys are suggesting that I just go up to him and confess?”

“OF COURSE!” cried Yoseob. He walked over to the railing and looked down.

“Look! There’s Dongwoon and Doojoon! DONGWOON-AH! DOOJOON HYUNG!” yelled Yoseob while waving his arms about crazily.

I ran over to the railing and looked down. Dongwoon and Doojoon were looking up and waving.

“COME UP HERE GUYS!” yelled Yoseob.

Doojoon pointed and nodded. He grabbed Dongwoon’s arm and dragged him into the building. I walked back to Jiyoung with Yoseob trailing behind me.

“What did you do that for?!” I cried.

“Perfect opportunity to confess!” smiled Yoseob.

I whacked his arm.

“HOW CAN YOU SPRING THIS ON ME LIKE THIS?! I’M NOT EVEN READY! AT LEAST GIVE ME TIME TO PREPARE!”I screeched.

“Well you have 3 minutes to prepare?” squeaked Jiyoung.

“3 minutes?”

“Well walking into the building and up the stairs to here takes about 3 minutes,” shrugged Jiyoung.

I glared at her. Breathe Jieun. Breathe. If you do manage to confess to him, what would you say? Hmm... Dongwoon Sunbae, I like you. No...That is slightly too forward. Dongwoon Sunbae...I know this might be very sudden, but...I think I like you. No, Lee Jieun. Don’t say “think” say “like.” How about Dongwoon Sunbae, this might be very sudden but I like you. Yup. Perfect.  

I turned around and face the doors. I looked at Jiyoung and Yoseob who were smiling at me encouragingly. Then the door burst open and Dongwoon and Doojoon walked in. We greeted each other and Dongwoon was eventually left standing with me while the other three stood at the railing overlooking the school, talking.

“So, Jieun, how have you been?”Asked Dongwoon.

“Good, now that it’s nearly holidays. How about you?”

“I don’t know if I’m looking forwards to the holidays as you are,” he laughed. “All I’m probably going to be doing is study, study, study.”

“Ahh! Your final exams are on the first day back right?”

“Yeah.”

I looked up at him and studied his face. Those eyes...I could get lost in them. He looked like he was studying my face as well... It was slightly nerve-wracking. He then smiled. Ahh... that smile.

“You’re really pretty you know that?”

I had to do a replay those words in my mind again and again – they sounded too good to be true. Did he...just call me pretty?

“I heard that a whole lot guys in my grade and yours admire you a lot,” he continued.

I smiled at him. Should I confess now? My heart was beating so fast. I felt as if I had a lump in my throat. I couldn’t say a word. I was so shocked. I glanced at Jiyoung and saw that she was watching me in anticipation, along with Yoseob and Doojoon.

I opened my mouth to speak, but before I could start saying anything, Dongwoon continued to smile at me and talk.

“Lee Jieun, I-"