Deleted Texts

Crime Scene

"I...I didn't kill her....you have to believe me...please..." CL begged desperately once she had recovered her senses. Everyone in the room avoided her pitiful gaze, with the exception of Taecyeon who glared hard at her. "Why, CL? She was such a beautiful and nice girl. why did you have to prematurely end her life like this?I loved her, and so do a lot of people back in Seoul. How could you betray us this way?" He was trembling and tears were b in his red eyes. "It wasn't me....I just woke up in the middle of the night and noticed that she wasn't in her bed...I needed a glass of water so I headed down to the kitchen, but I saw her lying on the ground and subsequently got knocked out. That's all that happened I swear!" CL's normally cool composure was totally gone and her long blond hair stuck to her forehead with sweat. Taecyeon lunged at her furiously but he was held back by Jinho, which definitely wasn't an easy task for him. "Stop stop stop, everyone let's not do things that we will end up regretting. CL is still one of us no matter what it looks like and she isn't guilty until we find evidence to show it." He turned apologetically to CL. "However, since this suspicion cannot be denied at the moment, we will need you to stay upstairs in the attic or somewhere else where we can watch you." She nodded in resignation and Ji Yoon followed her upstairs to her room and to get a change of clothes. When Ji Yoon had closed the door behind them she asked quietly. "CL, it really wasn't you, right? I believe in you, and I hope that this matter will get cleared up soon." CL pulled her into a tight hug, and whispered into her ear, "It wasn't me. But there's something I need to tell you..." 

After staring at the scene in front of them for a long while, Taecyeon wordlessly picked up Suzy's body. "Where are you going, Taecyeon? Do you need my help to bury her?" Jongsuk asked politely. He shook his head roughly and gruffly replied, "This is something I need to do on my own." He carried her out the door and Shin Hye exhaled softly. He was probably going to the makeshift graveyard they had fashioned in the back garden of the house, and it sickened her to think about that plot of land slowly being filled up with dead bodies. Jinho shook his head as he headed up the stairs to check Suzy's possessions. He refused to believe that CL was responsible, but he had to know why Suzy was being targetted in the first place. Why did she get up in the middle of the night? What triggered the attack? Ji Yoon met him on her way down and grabbed his hand anxiously. "Jinho, talk to me privately for a while." When they entered Jinho's room, Ji Yoon held out CL's mobile phone. "CL showed me something earlier on, remember how she mentioned that she was here not just to film the show but also as an agent and to protect us? She was commissioned by Teddy, the music producer, who is supposedly an undercover agent as well. He's been catching drug dealers and users in the K-pop industry, and apparently a dangerous drug dealer is among us in the cast. I asked her for evidence of this and she wanted  to show me Teddy's texts but they were gone. I don't know whether to believe her but is there a way that you can check her deleted messages or recover this evidence?" Jinho took the phone and examined it carefully. His years as a pro-gamer had certainly taught him a lot about computers and electronics but he was no professional. Just then, he remembered something that an old friend had taught him once, it was a hack that enabled the recovery of deleted emails on computers. There was no gurantee that it would work on a phone but there was no harm trying. A few minutes later, he scrolled through the messages triumphantly. He nodded as he finished reading and passed it back to Ji Yoon. "She was telling the truth alright, of her part at least. Teddy is still suspicious at this point but we have no way of confirming his identity so we might as well believe her. These messages were definitely deleted, when was the last time she claimed to have seen them?" 

"The last time I saw them was around 6pm in the evening, before I went down for dinner." The conversation had relocated to CL's attic, where she sat glumly and answered their questions. "In that case, the messages were presumably deleted after 6pm...it couldn't have been during dinner time because everyone was present...unless...." Jinho stopped halfway through his sentence, not wanting to believe who his thoughts were leading to. Ji Yoon picked up on it quickly and looked at him in disbelief. "Sunggyu? He followed CL up, didn't he? Did he enter your room?" CL nodded woodenly, she had no idea if she could trust anyone anymore right now. 


Jongsuk and Shin Hye walked out of the house together, inhaling the fresh air from the outside. They held each other's hands tightly and didn't bother to make conversation. They were getting tired of constantly feeling afraid, and the only time they felt secure was when they were with each other. They were walking towards the "graveyard" before Shin Hye suddenly realised it. "Let's...let's not go by there." Her voice was shaky and she could feel a knot of tears forming in . Jongsuk nodded and was about to turn away when he spotted a bush of white flowers growing nearby. It was the only flowering plant in the whole garden and it stood out accordingly. He walked to it and systematically plucked off 3 flowers. Shin Hye grinned slightly when she saw what he was doing and followed him as he gently placed the flowers on the graveyard. "Why are you doing this?" A voice sounded behind them suddenly. It was a very pale-looking and sullen Minhyuk who had been standing behind them all this while. He had a music player in his hand and a cap which covered half of his face. It was a vastly different Minhyuk than the cheerful and enthusiastic man who had been with them for the past day. "By plucking these flowers for them, all you're doing is killing off more life. They probably don't need the flowers, what they need is a proper burial place back in Seoul and for this murderer to be caught." Shin Hye, who was Minhyuk's close friend, had never seen him so distressed, and it made her heart hurt for him. "Minhyuk ah... we will get that murderer together. We just have to have faith and keep on the lookout even more." She was about to continue comforting him when she realised that he was no longer paying attention. She followed his gaze to a particular spot in the soil which looked different from the rest. That "grave" wasn't covered and mounded as much as the other two; there were also scuffles around it that suggested it had recently been tampered with. Her eyes narrowing, Shin Hye made her way towards that grave. She gingerly stretched out her finger and poked around it, before gaining her courage and digging at it with more strength. Jongsuk's eyes widened when he saw her doing that and wanted to stop her but Minhyuk held him back. "I think Shin Hye noona is getting at something, there's definitely something suspicious about this mound." "But didn't Taecyeon bury Suzy there earlier today? Maybe it looks different because he did it by himself-" His words were caught in his throat once he saw what Shin Hye had uncovered. 


A/N: I'm so so so sorry for this late update :( thank you for your patience and I hope to continue bringing you a thrilling story! :)